The e-ticket generates controversy in the Dominican Republic: deputy asks to eliminate it

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Seems the airlines are being to harsh here and not understanding how the DR works. Its like the residency/overstaying. Just let them board for goodnees sake or help them right there with the e-ticket or keep the manual form as alternative.

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
It's a joke of a portal. Occupation?
Cobbler?
There are some other occupations listed that are nearly extinct in the 21st Century.

Also, when I realize a mistake, I re-enter the site without the code and start all over. So the DR has me coming or leaving twice

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
Cobbler?
There are some other occupations listed that are nearly extinct in the 21st Century.

Also, when I realize a mistake, I re-enter the site without the code and start all over. So the DR has me coming or leaving twice
I highly doubt that. When you stand in front of immigration, they can link the correct entry ticket to your entry, and ignore the incorrect ones.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I highly doubt that. When you stand in front of immigration, they can link the correct entry ticket to your entry, and ignore the incorrect ones.
This is not a problem, as the only one Migracion can see is the one that actually produced the QR Code................And you cannot get the code if there is any problem entering the info..

Reactions: aarhus

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
E-Ticket is here to stay. Simply get used to it. Plus, flights to the DR continue to be full like in normal time, so it can't be that big of an issue. I say thisis a politician doing what politicians do, nothing more.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Seems the airlines are being to harsh here and not understanding how the DR works. Its like the residency/overstaying. Just let them board for goodnees sake or help them right there with the e-ticket or keep the manual form as alternative.
The airline appearing to be harsh is for a reason. When a passenger is allowed to board without documentation to the destination country the airline is responsible to return the person to the point of origin if the person is denied entry. If the person cannot pay for the return flight the airline has to assume the cost, that is why the airline seems harsh when wanting to see evidence, papers. The airline does not want to get stuck with the bill. Also, when there are too many document occurrences by an airline, it may be denied the route.

Regards,

PJT

Reactions: CristoRey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Cobbler?

If a woman could make a good peach cobbler by all means let her in

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
E-Ticket is here to stay. Simply get used to it. Plus, flights to the DR continue to be full like in normal time, so it can't be that big of an issue. I say thisis a politician doing what politicians do, nothing more.
Yeah and if he is too dumb or feels too privileged to fill out and e-ticket he is too dumb to be in office

Reactions: Sol09

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
The airline appearing to be harsh is for a reason. When a passenger is allowed to board without documentation to the destination country the airline is responsible to return the person to the point of origin if the person is denied entry. If the person cannot pay for the return flight the airline has to assume the cost, that is why the airline seems harsh when wanting to see evidence, papers. The airline does not want to get stuck with the bill. Also, when there are too many document occurrences by an airline, it may be denied the route.

Regards,

PJT
We are taking about Dominican immigration right ? Not US immigration.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
We are taking about Dominican immigration right ? Not US immigration.
Yes, Dominican Immigration. It sets the requirements to enter the RD. So when at the origin airport the airlines ask passengers for a valid passport and the E-Ticket QR code on digital instrument or paper.

Regards,

PJT

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Yes, Dominican Immigration. It sets the requirements to enter the RD. So when at the origin airport the airlines ask passengers for a valid passport and the E-Ticket QR code on digital instrument or paper.

Regards,

PJT
Yes but would DR immigration deny them entry ? Maybe they would. Or there must be chance they do since airlines are doing it.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Yes but would DR immigration deny them entry ? Maybe they would. Or there must be chance they do since airlines are doing it.
The airline will deny them. They can not board their flight without having one.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The airlines do a preliminary screening for their own protection. They are not in the employ of the DR, They only check to see if the passenger has the documents to enable travel to the DR. Dominican Immigration at the point of arrival processes passengers with the validation of their documents with computer data bases and face to face questioning.

Regards,

PJT

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
The airlines do a preliminary screening for their own protection. They are not in the employ of the DR, They only check to see if the passenger has the documents to enable travel to the DR. Dominican Immigration at the point of arrival processes passengers with the validation of their documents with computer data bases and face to face questioning.

Regards,

PJT
Ok got it. Thanks for info. Like it often works the other way around if you checkin from the DR to travel to the US and EU.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
The airline will deny them. They can not board their flight without having one.
They know it then digitally. They also use them at exit. The other day I travelled from Punta Cana to Gatwick and had to fill it in as a requirement beforehand but wasn’t asked about it at immigration.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Fairly typical Dominican reaction when they find out they actually have to follow the rules - especially a Deputy. Didn't they know WHO he was?