The future of Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes ...trouble is brewing government wants bourbon street closed in Anhvee ...
Who says?

As for the saviours of Sosua, I see there are still a couple of them who think they allow Sosua to survive. Always good for a morning chuckle, they are, with their focus on one small part of one street in Sosua.

Reactions: CristoRey

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Who says?

As for the saviours of Sosua, I see there are still a couple of them who think they allow Sosua to survive. Always good for a morning chuckle, they are, with their focus on one small part of one street in Sosua.
you must not be familiar with Sosua, The red light bars run from the beach all the way east to the police station and all the bars and restaurants on the side streets. I am pretty sure the ex-pat peeps are not propping up all those venues, but hey, if you want to refer to it as a family zone that's cool

Reactions: jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
you must not be familiar with Sosua, The red light bars run from the beach all the way east to the police station and all the bars and restaurants on the side streets. I am pretty sure the ex-pat peeps are not propping up all those venues, but hey, if you want to refer to it as a family zone that's cool
True, I have only lived in the area since 2003. For sure the only way Sosua stays alive is via those saviours. Hilarious.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Who says?

Police are harassing them trying close them down ..same shit as before with other bars ...Bourbon days are numbered .. what’s anvhee going to do with open concept washrooms once the show is closed down again?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Police are harassing them trying close them down ..same shit as before with other bars ...Bourbon days are numbered .. what’s anvhee going to do with open concept washrooms once the show is closed down again?

I have to wonder if there's other reasons for the harrassment then chica traffic?

But for whatever reason, being a 30 minute walk to a beach is not good for attracting tourists.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I have to wonder if there's other reasons for the harrassment then chica traffic?

But for whatever reason, being a 30 minute walk to a beach is not good for attracting tourists.
Who knows we will never have the full truth ...just thought it was odd they are targeting them especially now...once blood 🩸 is drawn the wolves come in..

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Has the new elected local adminstration provided, or implemented a plan of forward progress to it's constituents of this locale?

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
You consider the beach bars to be part of the red light area?That is the most stupid comment ever,and as far as i know now,even the main strip is greatly reduced,on red light bars.And if you know Sosua,as you often claim,ha ha ha,the new entertainment area by the tourist police station,hasnt opened,Oh big,what will you do,when it all ends,cry?

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
Has the new elected local adminstration provided, or implemented a plan of forward progress to it's constituents of this locale?
Yes they have,they have painted walls,with very nice paintings,removed lots of trash,is this advancing a forward program?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
You consider the beach bars to be part of the red light area?That is the most stupid comment ever,and as far as i know now,even the main strip is greatly reduced,on red light bars.And if you know Sosua,as you often claim,ha ha ha,the new entertainment area by the tourist police station,hasnt opened,Oh big,what will you do,when it all ends,cry?
what is stupid (besides your low communication abilities) is your failure to embrace the totality of the town. The beach is absolutely a red light zone. That is why you can go into almost any beach casita and order food and a chica. As much as I hear the town is being transformed into some type of family and retirement destination the more I see gentleman seeking companionship. I will give you one further, many of the restaurants in Sosua proper will cater to your "every" need. l love it.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
True, I have only lived in the area since 2003. For sure the only way Sosua stays alive is via those saviours. Hilarious.
who pray tell is spending money in bars in restaurants in your Sosua? All those sophisticated ex-pats with gobs of money, now thats hilarious. Hey but I guess some people see Sosua as a Bermuda equivalent, I see and love the seedy Sosua that is known as a red light town.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
who pray tell is spending money in bars in restaurants in your Sosua? All those sophisticated ex-pats with gobs of money, now thats hilarious. Hey but I guess some people see Sosua as a Bermuda equivalent, I see and love the seedy Sosua that is known as a red light town.
It’s definitely not the broke back jet blue crowd ..staying at 30 buck a nite room with buck a beer and Haitian 10s ..I’m sorry your love life s hurting it’s tough with covid..you will be chasing those grannies in no time buckaroo cheer up!

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It’s definitely not the broke back jet blue crowd ..staying at 30 buck a nite room with buck a beer and Haitian 10s ..I’m sorry your love life s hurting it’s tough with covid..you will be chasing those grannies in no time buckaroo cheer up!
For once I agree with Big on this one. I see the guys who come down for a weekend or a week spending a lot while they're in town. The older guys who have been living there for years tend to be very frugal.

Reactions: lifeisgreat

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
For once I agree with Big on this one. I see the guys who come down for a weekend or a week spending a lot while they're in town. The older guys who have been living there for years tend to be very frugal.
Nothing changed in 20 yrs handful of bars get mongering money ,doesn’t matter what name of place is it will change every few yrs expats and Europeans snowbirds don’t hang around same bars restaurant...the only thing I have in common is Bailees my kids like it...if it wasn’t for jolly Rogers ,elconde ,Bailees ..the stereotype of frugal goes both ways and goes with who you know and hang out with.. I don’t have issue with mongering crowd except the in your face attitude last few yrs which seems to have changed for now.. anyone here anything about Armando he is abnormally quiet!

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
what is stupid (besides your low communication abilities) is your failure to embrace the totality of the town. The beach is absolutely a red light zone. That is why you can go into almost any beach casita and order food and a chica. As much as I hear the town is being transformed into some type of family and retirement destination the more I see gentleman seeking companionship. I will give you one further, many of the restaurants in Sosua proper will cater to your "every" need. l love it.
You have to be the dumbest sex tourist ever,i am sure You and Greg,AKA Flip Flop,are from the same tree.

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
Your a sex tourist,yes you love sosua, like all of the NYC crowd,The one thing Sosua has,is plenty of extras for a Tarzan movie,let me guess,you in line?

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Contender for the least informed view of Sosua ever.

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
Nothing changed in 20 yrs handful of bars get mongering money ,doesn’t matter what name of place is it will change every few yrs expats and Europeans snowbirds don’t hang around same bars restaurant...the only thing I have in common is Bailees my kids like it...if it wasn’t for jolly Rogers ,elconde ,Bailees ..the stereotype of frugal goes both ways and goes with who you know and hang out with.. I don’t have issue with mongering crowd except the in your face attitude last few yrs which seems to have changed for now.. anyone here anything about Armando he is abnormally quiet!
We should be glad the low life sex tourist,stays where they are,they wouldnt survive in other parts of the DR,but i sure as hell dont want them in my town.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
It's not very hard to figure out which bar is going to be shut down next. It is always the one with the most business so clearly Ahnvee is next on the list. Might be complicated because shutting down a hotel/bar will be tougher than shutting down a stand alone bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.