The future of Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokerplayer

Mar 22, 2020
Particularly because doctors are boycotting hospital Ricardo Limarado over 'lack of protective equipment' in Puerto Plata which is Sosua's closest place for Wuhan virus treatment.
I gues their oath meant nothing to them.

For a different perspective, this is an American doctor's quote from a medical forum I follow:

"You don't send a construction worker to a job site without a hardhat and steel toes. Because while they signed up to be construction workers with some inherent danger, they did not sign up to be not protected

You don't send a fire fighter into a fire without an oxygen tank and fire retardant gear. Because while they signed up to be a firefighter with inherent danger, they did not sign up to be not protected

You don't send a SWAT officer into a drug bust without a bulletproof vest. Because while they signed up to be a SWAT officer with inherent danger, they did not sign up to be not protected

You do not send a doctor (or any health care provider) to look after a sick patient without PPE. Because while they signed up to be a doctor (or HCP) with some inherent danger, they did not sign up to be not protected

Its that simple. Any MBA that tells you otherwise is a lying"

The medical system in the DR is stretched thin as it is. Having medical professionals unable to work due to illness or death from a lack of appropriate PPE just exacerbates the problem.

Reactions: jd426 and snoozer

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Off Topic,, I have a Lady Friend who is Haitian and wants to reyturn via private taxi from Pourto Platta to her family in Haiti,, are they restricted to no travel ?

No travel through provinces this week. The ban on inter-provincial travel has been extended beyond the 5pm to 6am curfew. Only food and medicine suppliers are being allowed to transport goods between the provinces. PERHAPS, following Easter Sunday.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Particularly because doctors are boycotting hospital Ricardo Limarado over 'lack of protective equipment' in Puerto Plata which is Sosua's closest place for Wuhan virus treatment.
I gues their oath meant nothing to them.

..there are Doctors here who are running away from the sick patients...…..

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I see David is pressing on with the sports bar by High Caribbean.A lot of his Haitian workers are not around for obvious reasons but it's progressing slowly.

It's refreshing to see someone with optimism.

Reactions: ctrob

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
Many businesses will sting for sure, just like here in the US. However when the dust settles come hell or high water the chicas will be back and they will be hungry. Once the airports open back up the chicas ( who incidentally monitor incoming flights) will ready willing and able
Some much is written,on this small town,populated with hookers,amazing.The last time i was in sosua was 2004,i guess living in Jarabacoa,i am removed from such things.A question,if the place slid off the earth,what would the men,looking for sex do?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Do the locals,go to the working girls of sosua? Or is it just the tourist?
Welcome to Wonderland.
Most locals will go with anything
that has a heart beat and a pair of tits.
(and some cases the heart beat is optional)
Tread lightly my fren as this topic of discussion
is frowned upon by most of us DR1 members,

spanky27312

Dec 7, 2008
Do you have a source for this statement?

This has probably got everyone unset.... I think the DR is done for a couple of yrs.

Attachments

• D0BDC657-14BD-4A2B-A7F6-DAD4330D3B9B.jpeg
    D0BDC657-14BD-4A2B-A7F6-DAD4330D3B9B.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 302
Reactions: CristoRey
Status
Not open for further replies.