The future of Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A local told me the first virus was Ilana Virus and second was coronavirus.
With Illana virus being especially toxic to whore mongers, followed by a complete lack of tourism at all from CV-19 for more months, how have the people managed to survive without the Saviours of Sosua for such an extended period of time?

Reactions: Billp16

Big

Apr 24, 2019
With Illana virus being especially toxic to whore mongers, followed by a complete lack of tourism at all from CV-19 for more months, how have the people managed to survive without the Saviours of Sosua for such an extended period of time?
They haven't, they are in desperate shape, it's no secret. No jobs. It's no joke.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Western Union.

• Haha
Reactions: drstock

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Right now you can get more than that just to sit home. Why work?
yes, and the slugs that live in their parents basement and rent control accommodations, that have the ambition of a wino are going to take full advantage of this hand out situation

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
CV-19 has caused the realization that many jobs can now be done without leaving home.
Employment will never be the same again.
But if one need a handyman/woman

Do you suggest one should seek online information and learn to do it all by yourself?

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes, I have seen those ads on febu and wassap on how to click here and receive $$$$. Easy peasy

Most likely not the type of jobs Forbes (and I) are referring to.

When people ask about coming to the DR to work, I explain that is generally a bad idea unless they can work on line. We have had many clients that can work on line from home and they do very well. We have had people that tried to find jobs locally and that has gotten worse to try that approach over the years. There are fewer bartender and kite instructor gigs in the Cabarete area.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018

Most likely not the type of jobs Forbes (and I) are referring to.

When people ask about coming to the DR to work, I explain that is generally a bad idea unless they can work on line. We have had many clients that can work on line from home and they do very well. We have had people that tried to find jobs locally and that has gotten worse to try that approach over the years. There are fewer bartender and kite instructor gigs in the Cabarete area.
But do they have enough stable Luz?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
But do they have enough stable Luz?
A generator fills in where Edenorte lacks. Hundreds of clients since 2003. Canada, US, UK, EU, Russia, Israel, to name a few of their home regions.

But then , I am not in Sosua, so best to get back on topic with that future which is probably going to be more Expats with less tourists, as was already trending.

Reactions: drstock

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It remains to be seen how quickly any area recovers. The north coast in general was way down in tourism before CV-19. Maybe the JetBlue crowd will quickly return to Sosua in July and the 30,000 residents of Sosua will be able to eat again.

Reactions: spanky27312

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
To survive and prosper Sosua should try to be like Boca Chica. Time has proven it abundantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.