LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Bulldozer.....

1591807487741.png

Front End Loader.....

1591807601967.png

Big

Apr 24, 2019
They used a very large front end loader to demolish the houses Windy was referring to. I drove through there the day they were demolishing them.
Same for when they tore down the houses in the stretch between Cabarete and Rio San Juan.
(Didn't we talk about this before?)
got it, I am sure Sir Windy does not know the difference between a Loader and a dozer,

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Yes we did.

Self proclaimed "Demolition Experts" here on DR1 insist that such a front end loader (aka a bulldozer to the rest of us) could not have been used to take down two story concrete block and rebar reinforced buildings. Indeed it was. And quickly. And it was big, I mean quite large, almost gigantic ...
I say to you that you do not know what you are talking about. as it relates to equipment. A dozer was not used as per a eyewitness. Stick to music and Sosua mongering.

Reactions: windeguy

Big

Apr 24, 2019
a bulldozer aka " Dozer" is a COMPLETELY different piece of heavy equipment from a Front End Loader , with a BUCKET..
If some of you are not familiar with the correct terminology , then perhaps YOU need to use mr Google , and look at the pictures
its as easy as that ..
But a DOZER is for doing streets (paving) , and LEVELING the GROUND.. Not for demolishing .. period
you cant just rename it for " rest of us" ,, lol . it dont work that way .
jd you are 100% correct. This always causes confusion as sightings of dozers in Sosua or anywhere else on the island is equated with demo. It is almost never used for demo. Clearing for roads, grading and pushing loose material. A large front end loader can reach up where a dozer cannot.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
highly unusual, I have seen that footage. Its an outfitted dozer with a military armored cab. If used that way in the private sector the operator would be fired. It has a ripper blade attachment as well. I have not seen a dozer doing demo on the island. That video is a perfect case of why you dont use a dozer for demo, he first had to grade a road up the roof before knocking it down. Fuel cost too high, time too long and risk to the machine. That machine had an armored cab as well. Very rare to see that in civilian applications

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Im coming july 11 thru july 20 first trip was just me and cousin its 10 of us this time. I know the bars and clubs are closed but got to get the money flowing,,
Good for you. I hope the bars, discos and
"entertainment" is in full swing when you guys come down. If it were me, i'd probably wait, if given the option, until August. Good luck.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I say to you that you do not know what you are talking about. as it relates to equipment. A dozer was not used as per a eyewitness. Stick to music and Sosua mongering.
My bad, I admit when I am wrong. Truly it was a large front end loader, not a bulldozer. I stand corrected. The only pictures I saw of it were from behind, but I should have realized it was a front end loader.

How soon before one "unloads" the beach shacks in Sosua?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
My bad, I admit when I am wrong. Truly it was a large front end loader, not a bulldozer. I stand corrected. The only pictures I saw of it were from behind, but I should have realized it was a front end loader.

How soon before one "unloads" the beach shacks in Sosua?
I cant get my mind around whats going on at Sosua beach. I hear people saying that's what makes it a great place and I hear others say its an eyesore created 'by squatters. But where else am I going to find a R.I.P Tupac Shakur velvet painting.

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones
Only creepy US and Euro folk romanced the open pUta and palm tree dream that was Soshua. The rest live in normal areas and know where to find premium brands without contracting something that you need penecillin or acyclovir to treat. I guess if you still want to do a pub trivia or bingo night with your poorly-dentured compadres, then Sosua is still there for you!
Surely you jest. Saying Dominicans dont do that.

Reactions: JD Jones and jd426
Status
Not open for further replies.