Not open for further replies.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
A6B16F67-4204-4AE4-AB8B-3678C536C062.jpeg

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Are you really appointing yourself to speak for most business people and most Dominicans?
Do you hear people on DR1 and then decide who's voice counts?
Most people have to read it.
Could be time to stop listening to the voices and just type for yourself.
No one knows all you claim. I know are not in the least embarrassed by any expression of sexuality.
The Dominicans I know are not in the least embarrassed by expressions of sexuality. It a normal legal thing here they have seen all their life.
The embarrassment, consternation and shock is more of a prudish US and European response to something that they have never seen before.

We're not talking about expressions of sexuality. It's about raising a family and hoping your kids can achieve a better life then you did. That's a universal desire. And that's not achieved in a town known for sex tourism. Middle class families in sosua are no different. And there's a lot more middle class in Sosua now then 20 - 30 years ago - talk to them and you'll be enlightened.

What's said on dr1 amounts to nothing when it comes to shaping policy on the NC. Dom's make those changes.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
I don't recall hearing people on DR1 claim being offended. Maybe some do.

But most Dominicans would prefer better employment opportunities for their kids rather then being a puta or motoconch. Most business people would like to see a transformation to something else other then spandex on PC. And most Doms are embarrassed by the whole thing. And their voice counts most.
"better employment opportunities for their kids rather then being a puta"
With NO other " employment opportunity " she will ever make even a tiny portion of what she is getting for the company with a nice polite educated clean politically correct and high IQ American gentleman. Get real.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
We're not talking about expressions of sexuality. It's about raising a family and hoping your kids can achieve a better life then you did. That's a universal desire. And that's not achieved in a town known for sex tourism. Middle class families in sosua are no different. And there's a lot more middle class in Sosua now then 20 - 30 years ago - talk to them and you'll be enlightened.

What's said on dr1 amounts to nothing when it comes to shaping policy on the NC. Dom's make those changes.
why would anyone raise their children in Sosua? except maybe the outer regions. Middle class in Sosua? Assuming you are talking about Dominicans, where pray tell is this burgeoning middle class living?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
why would anyone raise their children in Sosua? except maybe the outer regions. Middle class in Sosua? Assuming you are talking about Dominicans, where pray tell is this burgeoning middle class living?
Although I would really like to see Sosua cleaned up,
most of the Dominican men I know who live in and
around the area are complete leeches who've zero
desire to work a real job or progress in life.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

Once again you show your lack of reasoning.

Many Dominicans grew up and live in Sosua.
What about the ones living in Sabaneta, La Cienega, Loma de Los Chivos, La Union, Montellano, Puerto Plata?
You think life is far superior there, with great chances of employment and advancement?
For that matter you can go to just about any Barrio in the DR, including S.D. and Santiago, no great luxury life there either just for a few fortunate ones.

Ever been to any of the barrios and seen what goes on there?
Nowhere on the island is a puritanical life, including many of the corrupt "evangelicals".

Sosua just shows the results of Dominican governmental abandonment of it's people.

Other than that, Dominicans enjoy sex unapologetically (except Windy's Family in Cabarete) from young to old, not like the perverted system in the US,
Underground prostitution, sting operations chasing Johns and Prostitutes, while Politicians know how to get"it" and tax revenues from the sex industry.
Heck, they didn't yet get over Clintons BJ and sexual encounters on 9 occasions with Monica,
Meanwhile trump is selling beans on the Resolute Desk.

Dominicans and Sosua will figure out their way.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Once again you show your lack of reasoning.

Many Dominicans grew up and live in Sosua.
What about the ones living in Sabaneta, La Cienega, Loma de Los Chivos, La Union, Montellano, Puerto Plata?
You think life is far superior there, with great chances of employment and advancement?
For that matter you can go to just about any Barrio in the DR, including S.D. and Santiago, no great luxury life there either just for a few fortunate ones.

Ever been to any of the barrios and seen what goes on there?
Nowhere on the island is a puritanical life, including many of the corrupt "evangelicals".

Sosua just shows the results of Dominican governmental abandonment of it's people.

Other than that, Dominicans enjoy sex unapologetically (except Windy's Family in Cabarete) from young to old, not like the perverted system in the US,
Underground prostitution, sting operations chasing Johns and Prostitutes, while Politicians know how to get"it" and tax revenues from the sex industry.
Heck, they didn't yet get over Clintons BJ and sexual encounters on 9 occasions with Monica,
Meanwhile trump is selling beans on the Resolute Desk.

Dominicans and Sosua will figure out their way.
almost sounds like you are agreeing with my post. Sosua is what it is and it is not a middle class enclave. Its a beach/ex-pat/tourist/red-light spot. It will never be what Santiago or Santo Domingo is. Tech,financial, industrial or medical aint going to happen in Sosua. Golf, gambling and shopping is another area they have lost.

Reactions: scot_tosh

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
almost sounds like you are agreeing with my post. Sosua is what it is and it is not a middle class enclave. Its a beach/ex-pat/tourist/red-light spot. It will never be what Santiago or Santo Domingo is. Tech,financial, industrial or medical aint going to happen in Sosua. Golf, gambling and shopping is another area they have lost.

Hate when that happens:) who would've thunk?
Of course not too many tourists at the moment and beaches are closed again.
At least the girls are strutting again.....on patrol.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
It's not the best beach town in DR, but I have spent some times in a beach house in Charamicos. I thought I had broken my neck being thrown by the waves in Playa Alicia.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
why would anyone raise their children in Sosua?

Seriously? There's 50,000 people in Sosua. If you can't see the middle class (or those struggling to get into it), I can't help you. But my statement is correct, there are more middle class Doms in Sosua then there were 20 - 30 years ago. And it is they that have been pushing for a different "atmosphere" in the downtown area - for quite awhile now. Those are just plain facts. You can make light of them, but they're indisputable.

Those citizens, along with certain real estate developments that are inevitable, are what will force changes on Sosua. It's going to happen.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Seriously? There's 50,000 people in Sosua. If you can't see the middle class (or those struggling to get into it), I can't help you. But my statement is correct, there are more middle class Doms in Sosua then there were 20 - 30 years ago. And it is they that have been pushing for a different "atmosphere" in the downtown area - for quite awhile now. Those are just plain facts. You can make light of them, but they're indisputable.

Those citizens, along with certain real estate developments that are inevitable, are what will force changes on Sosua. It's going to happen.
"certain real estate developments that are inevitable, are what will force changes on Sosua. It's going to happen."

Hearing exactly these words from Sosua RE persons for at least 20 years. Probably more.

Reactions: zoomzx11

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Being a whoremonger is an expression of sexuality. That is a creative spin.

What will happen to the beach bars and restaurants in Sosua now that the beaches are closed (again) ?

Reactions: ctrob

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
It's not the best beach town in DR, but I have spent some times in a beach house in Charamicos. I thought I had broken my neck being thrown by the waves in Playa Alicia.
Why did you go swimming at playa Alicia when you stayed n Charamicos when you where steps away Sosua beach one of the best beaches calm water..

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
"better employment opportunities for their kids rather then being a puta"
With NO other " employment opportunity " she will ever make even a tiny portion of what she is getting for the company with a nice polite educated clean politically correct and high IQ American gentleman. Get real.
"Nice polite educated clean politically correct and high IQ American gentleman" hardly applies to the majority of mongers in Sosua, and I'd feel sorry for any girl that ended up with a politically correct one.

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
Although I would really like to see Sosua cleaned up,
most of the Dominican men I know who live in and
around the area are complete leeches who've zero
desire to work a real job or progress in life.

That goes for a lot of the tourists that travel there too. Only difference may be that they work “real jobs” (a modern day slave wastes 70% of their lives for the enjoyment of the shareholders) but they sure do share similarities in life’s desires.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
"Nice polite educated clean politically correct and high IQ American gentleman" hardly applies to the majority of mongers in Sosua, and I'd feel sorry for any girl that ended up with a politically correct one.

Long before 2004 and In Search Of China’s website there were whoremongers from all over Europe enjoying the young ladies of Sosua. And of what I am told by some very long time expats some of those girls were very young. So, technology and Jetblue brought in a crowd that looked different than the European mongers.Then the extremely ugly Haitian putas arrived. So now that the African Americans have Arrived in numbers the racist culture rears it’s ugly head. So for all the Anti-American folks out there nothing is going to get better. Sosua will never have the beautiful prostitutes again. No more 500 peso salidas. No more Flamingos strip club. No more La Passions. Just spandex whores and Jetblue mongers. And of course when flights resume Canadians and Europeans.

Reactions: irsav and JD Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.