The future of Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Your DR bashing is endless isn't it.

So boring now. Like listening to the teacher in a Peanuts movie: wha wha wha whaa wha wha whaaaa whaaa..
It's mainly Cabarete bashing, now that he doesn't live there any more - he posts the same in several threads, even in this one that is supposedly about the Future of SOSUA. Somebody in Cabarete must have been nasty to him.

Reactions: GusFring
Sep 22, 2009
It's mainly Cabarete bashing, now that he doesn't live there any more - he posts the same in several threads, even in this one that is supposedly about the Future of SOSUA. Somebody in Cabarete must have been nasty to him.
I appreciate that Stock. I appreciate you weighing in here too. Now, just waiting on Winded. You are correct, however, it's mainly all Cabarete. Things I liked about Cab: Janet's, Caroline's Front Loop, Duplex office supply, Ceiba cafe and a very cute gal who works in WU. I have some very good locals as friends as well. The rest is all documented on this board.

Make it a great day and don't forget to hit like!

Reactions: drstock and Big

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Thought you were ready to take the plunge as a street chef. The food trucks are a staple in many US cities, mostly Mexican

Running the Food trucks off in Sosua was a Major Mistake ..
People really looked forward to those greezy sammiches at 3 am, after a night of drinking and dancing ..
it added atmosphere to the Street and gave it personality .
The people running Sosua for the last Decade have made one mistake after another .

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Yawn!!!!

Right here in el Batey, Sosua just had a lovely organic Dominican breakfast with my wife and daughter under a nice breeze with sunny skies overhead and a clean street outside. The future is looking bright.

If you dont mind me asking , ( one gringo married to a dominicana to another, i am guessing) ....

Is your wife a " Suzy from Ohio" , or a Dominicana , born in the DR ?

cuz we dont see too many Bobby and Suzies from Ohio , posting in here, so im just curious ..

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu
Sep 22, 2009
Running the Food trucks off in Sosua was a Major Mistake ..
People really looked forward to those greezy sammiches at 3 am, after a night of drinking and dancing ..
it added atmosphere to the Street and gave it personality .
The people running Sosua for the last Decade have made one mistake after another .
Any quality truck is good in my book I like them. Having many years cooking experience I could never cook in a truck, much less at 3am serving drunks. God bless those that suck it up to crank out the goods

Reactions: jd426

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Any quality truck is good in my book I like them. Having many years cooking experience I could never cook in a truck, much less at 3am serving drunks. God bless those that suck it up to crank out the goods
well I am at the stage in my life I prefer to eat at table cloth restaurants ie. casa21,Bliss, Margot etc. No plastic chairs or picnic tables for moi. Dont want to risk my intestines from Fausto making a taco in the back of a 1997 ford econoline with no place to wash his hands. Having said that I did partake when I was younger. Here lies one of the "cultural" quandaries in Sosua. food trucks, beach casita's , motos street vendors (chicas) all add to the Sosua ambiance. However does anyone really think that is what people are looking for when they walk out of a Ritz or W property.

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
well I am at the stage in my life I prefer to eat at table cloth restaurants ie. casa21,Bliss, Margot etc. No plastic chairs or picnic tables for moi. Dont want to risk my intestines from Fausto making a taco in the back of a 1997 ford econoline with no place to wash his hands. Having said that I did partake when I was younger. Here lies one of the "cultural" quandaries in Sosua. food trucks, beach casita's , motos street vendors (chicas) all add to the Sosua ambiance. However does anyone really think that is what people are looking for when they walk out of a Ritz or W property.
Big,from your tourist opinion,i know you arent a resident.Do you see the new PRM president,letting sosua return to its glory days?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Big,from your tourist opinion,i know you arent a resident.Do you see the new PRM president,letting sosua return to its glory days?
I have lived and worked ( legally) here on and off for years. But I still do have a tourist opinion as it relates to Sosua as I do not live there just visit and enjoy it. Further, I never knew the glory days have ever left, it just seems more civil to me.

Sep 22, 2009
I enjoy good street food. Always have and will. As a NYC resident, I enjoyed classics, like shawarma, and Pine St downtown had the most amazing fried chicken, many brokers lined up daily. In India street food is awesome. Along the Tiradentes at night where the old blockbuster video was, 3 or 4 awesome roast pork sandwich trucks. Nothing wrong with some good street food. Christmas market in Germany one of my favorites.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I enjoy good street food. Always have and will. As a NYC resident, I enjoyed classics, like shawarma, and Pine St downtown had the most amazing fried chicken, many brokers lined up daily. In India street food is awesome. Along the Tiradentes at night where the old blockbuster video was, 3 or 4 awesome roast pork sandwich trucks. Nothing wrong with some good street food. Christmas market in Germany one of my favorites.
Veronica kitchen goat roti!

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

Short answer: No. They'll be some starts and stops, but don't let that fool you into thinking it will be business as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.