The goose that laid the golden eggs

F

Fulano2

He probably leaves a mess after using it....not even for 1200 she does it..:). Sorry Derfish, just a ;)

O

ogunjobi123

How come is it that the dominican women cannot figure out the simplest things about money? " I need 1200 pesos for the salon."
"OK I will give you 1200 if you clean the bathroom?"
"But you won't unless I clean your bathroom?"
"If I have to pay someone else to clean the bathroom I won't have it to give to you for the salon."
Then she left me a couple of weeks later, took my bank card and liberated $150 from my US account. But feeding her and giving her a place to live wasn't enuff. She had to grab and run, now I hear she's broke and wants to come back. She cannot seem to understand why not! I told her that chicas are like buses, one goes and another will be along in 20 minutes!
So it is like the old proverb about the goose that laid golden eggs, until the farmer butchered her to find where they were coming from. No more golden eggs.
Could have lived forever (or until I was gone) with me, but no had to kill the source.
Same old same old!

That's cold hearted may I ask where the girl is from?. I'm talking to a "good girl" works at a government job. she is from Santo Domingo and I swear its the same.

Her "Good morning love"
Me: "Good morning"
"My phone is broke I need it fixed so I can talk to you"
"How much is it to be fixed" ?
"50 bucks"
"Nah, I pass I haven't even got to the island and your in my pockets. Plus I already give you 30. "
"Im single and got kids life its hard and not having a phone is not safe."
"I give you 30 again but don't ask again. im already paying for bus your ticket to come up to puerta plata in march, giving your mom 80 bucks to watch your kids and buying you a new iphone."
****Send her the 30 bucks by western***.
" Did you get money?"
"yes, thanks for nothing"
**blocks me**
This is after 3 months of talking daily, showing me pictures of the countryside. Me teaching her English and she teaching me Spanish. I really like her she was bilingual , college educated and had a nice place.

S

Sosua Sonny

That's cold hearted may I ask where the girl is from?. I'm talking to a "good girl" works at a government job. she is from Santo Domingo and I swear its the same.

Her "Good morning love"
Me: "Good morning"
"My phone is broke I need it fixed so I can talk to you"
"How much is it to be fixed" ?
"50 bucks"
"Nah, I pass I haven't even got to the island and your in my pockets. Plus I already give you 30. "
"Im single and got kids life its hard and not having a phone is not safe."
"I give you 30 again but don't ask again. im already paying for bus your ticket to come up to puerta plata in march, giving your mom 80 bucks to watch your kids and buying you a new iphone."
" Did you get money?"
**blocks me**
This is after 3 months of talking daily, showing me pictures of the countryside. Me teaching her English and she teaching me Spanish. I really like her she was bilingual , college educated and had a nice place.

If you want to meet decent woman in the DR who don't look at you like an ATM then stay away from the capital.

One of my premiere places to meet down to earth, decent and honest women is San Juan de la Maguana.

You have to meet women from smaller farming towns.

J

jstarebel

If you want to meet decent woman in the DR who don't look at you like an ATM then stay away from the capital.

One of my premiere places to meet down to earth, decent and honest women is San Juan de la Maguana.

I dunno about this. Does it really matter where they are from? Exactly what is it that makes her a "good girl". Maybe it's us and not them at all. We all bring our excess baggage from wherever we come from to the DR in search of a better life whatever that is for us. What exactly are we expecting from those we partner up with and more importantly is, do they understand what we expect from them? Equally important is what do we really know about them before we partner up and are we willing to explore in detail what kind of person they are, or do we just "go for it" and take the learn as we go plan?

My opinion is that most just go for it and hope for the best. How many people that hook up with a Dominican go through the same rituals that they would in the country that they come from getting to know a person before taking the plunge. I think that many of us are unwilling or sometimes unable to go through the getting to know them process and more times then not just dive right in. There is nothing wrong with doing this as long as you understand the risks and have both eyes wide open understanding how the relationship will probably turn out and here's where the problem lies.. When a ST relationship goes south, why is it so hard to admit that we were wrong, that the "love" we were searching for is not there, and we're being used as an ATM? Instead, many move onto the next level of "trying to make it work". For these poor souls, that's when things in their lives go from bad to worse in a hurry, and their dreams of "Life in Paradise" fall by the wayside..

Maybe we need to change our perspective on what the expectations of a relationship are and move these expectations to be more in line to how Dominicans think they should go. We are visitors in their country and why should we expect them to conform to our beliefs? Maybe it's us that need to change our beliefs and conform more to their beliefs..

Who knows.. Men are from Mars, and women are from Venus..

Reactions: Blueceo and Russell
O

ogunjobi123

I dunno about this. Does it really matter where they are from? Exactly what is it that makes her a "good girl". Maybe it's us and not them at all. We all bring our excess baggage from wherever we come from to the DR in search of a better life whatever that is for us. What exactly are we expecting from those we partner up with and more importantly is, do they understand what we expect from them? Equally important is what do we really know about them before we partner up and are we willing to explore in detail what kind of person they are, or do we just "go for it" and take the learn as we go plan?

My opinion is that most just go for it and hope for the best. How many people that hook up with a Dominican go through the same rituals that they would in the country that they come from getting to know a person before taking the plunge. I think that many of us are unwilling or sometimes unable to go through the getting to know them process and more times then not just dive right in. There is nothing wrong with doing this as long as you understand the risks and have both eyes wide open understanding how the relationship will probably turn out and here's where the problem lies.. When a ST relationship goes south, why is it so hard to admit that we were wrong, that the "love" we were searching for is not there, and we're being used as an ATM? Instead, many move onto the next level of "trying to make it work". For these poor souls, that's when things in their lives go from bad to worse in a hurry, and their dreams of "Life in Paradise" fall by the wayside..

Maybe we need to change our perspective on what the expectations of a relationship are and move these expectations to be more in line to how Dominicans think they should go. We are visitors in their country and why should we expect them to conform to our beliefs? Maybe it's us that need to change our beliefs and conform more to their beliefs..

Who knows.. Men are from Mars, and women are from Venus..

Screw that. This is the 3rd girl to ask for money and flake when I'm trying do it the respectful way. I'm going to go back to 8 years ago to my college phase.
Find em
Friend em
F*** em
Forget em

Reactions: campesinadeatl
T

Tamborista

" Did you get money?"
**blocks me**

Wait, you sent a girl money, prior to meeting her?

Z

zoomzx11

Decent women?
Derfish is a true romantic renaissance man at heart.
Why on earth would he want a decent woman?
Besides if he wants a decent woman he can go back to the US anytime.
Three dates, at least one in a good restaurant then he gets to meet the parents, nah.

Had a friend who met the love of his life.
Before they could get "serious" he had to get a blood test, turn over his social media and she ran a background on him.
They got married and within six months she was dealing cocaine out of his house while he was at work.
It did not last either.

T

Tamborista

Yes just 3 of them for a total of 120. I'm not a sucker just rolled the dice and lost all 3 times.

No, you just don't know how to play the game, a "nice girl" never asks for money on Badoo or LatinEuro.

You got some learnin' to do if you want to meet non-putas son, you ain't gonna meet them prior to arrival if you be sendin' 'em Western Union. They are picking up Western Union from three other pendejos while their novio waits on his moto outfront.

F

frank recktenwald

No, you just don't know how to play the game, a "nice girl" never asks for money on Badoo or LatinEuro.

You got some learnin' to do if you want to meet non-putas son, you ain't gonna meet them prior to arrival if you be sendin' 'em Western Union. They are picking up Western Union from three other pendejos while their novio waits on his moto outfront.

This guy better doesn't visit the DR, he's gonna be left heart broken and bank broken. ;)

O

ogunjobi123

No im more advanced than that fellas. I went on facebook went to university and real estate companies and added the chicks who liked posts. I didn't go on a dating site. I got this.

S

Sosua Sonny

No im more advanced than that fellas. I went on facebook went to university and real estate companies and added the chicks who liked posts. I didn't go on a dating site. I got this.

People here are telling you the real deal but you aren't listening.

Some of these oldies know a thing or two about relationships in the D.R.

T

Tamborista

Quite sophisticated indeed, not as sophisticated as the high school girls that picked your pocket of $120.

O

ogunjobi123

People here are telling you the real deal but you aren't listening.

Some of these oldies know a thing or two about relationships in the D.R.

Quite sophisticated indeed, not as sophisticated as the high school girls that picked your pocket of $120.

I do appreciate the advance and I understand the verbal ass whopping .
Not high school girls single unwed mothers late 20s. Not looking for relationships looking friend to see when I come to island. I not doing that route I’m just going to enjoy the island instead

L

lifeisgreat

Fishy it would of been cheaper to give her 1200 peso for hair do...now you got to buy ring!! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

C

Cdn_Gringo

jstarebel pretty much hit a home run.

You cannot expect someone from this reality to conform or believe the same things as someone from a completely different reality. "Poor people" are gathers that amass as much as they can as quickly as they can without much regard for the future. There are lots of loveless marriages all over the world. I suspect that many such mixed culture relationships are in this category. That is not to say that some of these relationship cannot endure, just that they do so (at least initially) for reasons other than true emotional love primarily.

As long as the relationship continues to fulfill the necessary criteria and the changing needs of each party... It is after the honeymoon, when the doting attention, daily gifts and willingness always impress fades that cracks begin to form. Most can't keep up the appearances for the length of time needed to cement a practical symbiotic relationship - a point in time when both partners have very few other options but each other. Lots of men are fairly naive when it comes to recognizing the difference between female emotional commitment and practical economic commitment. It can be a lot work and much effort to meet a suitable female, "club her and drag her back to one's cave." Even more of an effort to keep her there. Men get invested too quickly and are too quick to ignore the signs that all is not quite right. The women usually have all the relationship power and provided they don't get too greedy too quickly and can continue to make the male feel content, they can pull the wool over our eyes for a long time.

The problem in the DR is that lots of women do not have the patience or tolerance to pull off this type of symbiotic relationship and they bugger it up so blatantly that even a blind man has no choice but to see. By then, these overly gullible men are cleaned out, dead or if they are lucky, miserable enough bail on their own accord. Then they try the same thing again.

Better off to order a bride online - There is no mistaking the reality of those relationships.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russell
M

melphis

Good luck with the next one. Life is to short to deal with thieving chicas
Please keep us advised. I find this very entertaining

C

Caonabo

How come is it that the dominican women cannot figure out the simplest things about money? " I need 1200 pesos for the salon."
"OK I will give you 1200 if you clean the bathroom?"
"But you won't unless I clean your bathroom?"
"If I have to pay someone else to clean the bathroom I won't have it to give to you for the salon."
Then she left me a couple of weeks later, took my bank card and liberated $150 from my US account. But feeding her and giving her a place to live wasn't enuff. She had to grab and run, now I hear she's broke and wants to come back. She cannot seem to understand why not! I told her that chicas are like buses, one goes and another will be along in 20 minutes!
So it is like the old proverb about the goose that laid golden eggs, until the farmer butchered her to find where they were coming from. No more golden eggs.
Could have lived forever (or until I was gone) with me, but no had to kill the source.
Same old same old!

$150 US equates to roughly 7,875 DOP, at the current 1 to 52.5 rate.
Who withdrawals 7,875 from an RD ATM device?
5,000 ($95.23) or 10,000 ($190.47) would be a more believable story.