The Lindsay de Feliz new writer of expat memoir award

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
May Ms. Lindsay continue to shine her bright light upon all of us.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Linsday was an inspiration to me ; illness detained me from attending her Memorial Service.
My God, she was beautiful in both inner and outer persons and spirit.
May Linsday live on in the lives of those who remember her selflessness and commitment to the enjoyment of others,

Rest in peace sweet Angel.
Russell

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Some more information about the award in Lindsay's memory:
To honour Lindsay, her publishers Summertime Publishing and Springtime Books have introduced the 2020 Lindsay de Feliz New Writer of Expat Memoir Award. The lucky winner will receive a bursary to cover the full cost of our publishing package – big picture edit, proofread, design, production and distribution for worldwide sale.
For authors interested in applying:
View attachment 3197

Anyone can donate to the award. Your name will be listed on the publisher's website and in the published book too. The amount you donated will not be disclosed.

Donations via Paypal’s Send Money to family and friends option to publisher@springtimebooks.com - please provide your name and specify that it is for the Lindsay de Feliz Award.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Information for applicants for the Lindsay de Feliz New Writer of Expat Memoir Award:

There are now just three months to go until entries close for our book award in memory of Lindsay de Feliz, our much-loved author, here at Summertime Publishing and Springtime Books.
We are only asking for the first three chapters and an outline, so come on, use the lockdown to get started on your story.

Reactions: AlterEgo

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The deadline for applications for the New Writer of Expat Memoir Award in memory of Lindsay is getting closer. The publishers report that several submissions have already come in but they want as many aspiring authors to present their outline and first three chapters before the end of July 2020.
Lindsay FlyerV2.jpg
For full details go to http://www.summertimepublishing.com/apply.html

Reactions: Caonabo

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Everybody enjoyed reading Lindsay's pieces and were shocked when she passed away....one question to whoever is organizing this this, as Lindsay's life was supposedly taken by her husband, why would they put the award using the husbands surname? Surely out of respect for Lindsay it should be in her maiden name, not in the name of the person that took her life? Just a thought....the idea is fantastic though

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Everybody enjoyed reading Lindsay's pieces and were shocked when she passed away....one question to whoever is organizing this this, as Lindsay's life was supposedly taken by her husband, why would they put the award using the husbands surname? Surely out of respect for Lindsay it should be in her maiden name, not in the name of the person that took her life? Just a thought....the idea is fantastic though
Good point. I will mention this to the publisher, but I expect the answer will be that this is the name she is known by, and under which her books were published. They might be advised to consult with her family.

Reactions: tee

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
any current news about the husband and son? Probably not much happening with the case because of pandemic