Status
Not open for further replies.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
IMO

Loneliness drives many relationship seekers
Anything might be better than nothing
And with the current PC societal condemnation of any human with xy chromosomes, many regular guys are finding it more difficult to find a regular gal.

And no, that does NOT mean the ignorant barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen image.

The further away from "traditional" roles men and women play in a society, the more miserable and lonely men and women become.

I get why men would look beyond North America and Europe for a traditional life mate. But Patience rarely follows Needy around, especially in those who cannot control their libido.

Besides, one must love one's own self before one can be a solid partner in a relationship. And I doubt those who go to a foreign land chasing putas in w#0re bars love themselves.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
well, ww, loneliness might be a result of a person having the kind of human disposition that no woman can tolerate, which brings us back to square one...some destitute third world woman might make the sacrifice to deal with the folly, but no self supporting woman will. so that brings us full circle to chica dating sites..

Too cynical an outlook.....
Read CB's comment for another viewpoint

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Caveat Emptor:

[video=youtube;2KBFD0aoZy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=46&v=2KBFD0aoZy8[/video]

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
well, ww, loneliness might be a result of a person having the kind of human disposition that no woman can tolerate, which brings us back to square one...some destitute third world woman might make the sacrifice to deal with the folly, but no self supporting woman will. so that brings us full circle to chica dating sites..
Thanks for your insight!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I didn't want to be the one to bring up the expectations of those foreigners seeking "true love" with a partner here in the DR other than the majority of those are well into the 2nd half of their lives. I find that telling and the basis for my own conclusions that are not that far off from some view points already posted.

Instead of buying a sports car, some are attempting to live out an extended sexually based relationship fantasy. Or, they are unable to find the "type" of willing partner within the available pool of candidates where they are. It's no secret that marriage rates are falling and many of today's eligible women are more interested in careers, self-realization, perhaps no children and a relationship paradigm that varies greatly from what earlier generations expected or preferred.

A step back in time is still a possibility in this country when it comes to defining gender roles. A reciprocal agreement that elevates the living conditions of a woman here many times above what she could achieve on her own would be worthy of consideration for some. For the other side of that equation, this same agreement is much harder to negotiate these days elsewhere.

If I comment that the floor needs vacuuming, I already know it will be pointed out that there is no reason why I can't resolve that myself, which really wasn't the result I was hoping for by mentioning it...

LoveInDR

Feb 27, 2019

Wrong post

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i am forever amused when guys who cannot find a partner where they live attribute that problem to a communications deficit. then they go to a country where they can only speak enough of that language to ask where the bathroom is, looking for meaningful understandings.

after the sex is over, they are left to making hand signals. i do not understand it.

LoveInDR

Feb 27, 2019
I didn't want to be the one to bring up the expectations of those foreigners seeking "true love" with a partner here in the DR other than the majority of those are well into the 2nd half of their lives. I find that telling and the basis for my own conclusions that are not that far off from some view points already posted.

Instead of buying a sports car, some are attempting to live out an extended sexually based relationship fantasy. Or, they are unable to find the "type" of willing partner within the available pool of candidates where they are. It's no secret that marriage rates are falling and many of today's eligible women are more interested in careers, self-realization, perhaps no children and a relationship paradigm that varies greatly from what earlier generations expected or preferred.

A step back in time is still a possibility in this country when it comes to defining gender roles. A reciprocal agreement that elevates the living conditions of a woman here many times above what she could achieve on her own would be worthy of consideration for some. For the other side of that equation, this same agreement is much harder to negotiate these days elsewhere.

If I comment that the floor needs vacuuming, I already know it will be pointed out that there is no reason why I can't resolve that myself, which really wasn't the result I was hoping for by mentioning it...

I don’t know you at all, so I’m learning about you, and I did divulge a little about myself in my new member intro. I hope you’re not being disingenuous and hypocritical , with the stuff you are writing. Do you currently reside in DR, if so, what’s your motivating force that drove you to live in the DR, if you don’t mind sharing?

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Wrong post

ok..i live in the DR. i have been a legal resident since 2004. i retired in 2003, and i had to finish my final years in the caribbean, because that is where my heart and soul lies. like many retired Jamaicans, i chose not to go back to Jamaica, because of the wanton lawlessness. having been familiar with the DR since the era of Balaguer, this is like my second home..

i speak fluent spanish...it helps when you can watch local tv, and read the periodicals.

LoveInDR

Feb 27, 2019
ok..i live in the DR. i have been a legal resident since 2004. i retired in 2003, and i had to finish my final years in the caribbean, because that is where my heart and soul lies. like many retired Jamaicans, i chose not to go back to Jamaica, because of the wanton lawlessness. having been familiar with the DR since the era of Balaguer, this is like my second home..

i speak fluent spanish...it helps when you can watch local tv, and read the periodicals.

Ok, thanks for responding. So in light of everything you have been writing, I would assume you are with a Jamaican woman companion. You stated the reason why you don't in fact live in Jamaica because of the violence(I know that's right, and I have never been there), but did you bring a nice Jamaican lady friend with you to reside in DR as well? Because I'm sure there were and are many compatible Jamaican women that share the , same culture, music and food taste and style, that you could be with other than the native Dominicanas you're probably co-habiting with presently?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Some day when a individual who want to claim others are off topic I would hope they wouldn’t start off their first post in the thread (in the first paragraph no less) with the post content off topic. But maybe it’s a moderator thing. You know do as I say, not as I write. Anyone wishing to explore another topic is free to start their own thread and do so.

I thought the thread was about the new Dominicana so I presented anecdotal evidence that these Dominicana’s were in existence long before I began to read this particular topic about it. And they are perfectly fine with relationships with older men.

Now for those who cannot define what a “higher quality relationship” is I’ll let you in on the secret: that definition is left up to the individuals involved. And it does not involve some neanderthal definition of how individuals should act in personal relationships (barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen”…who says dumb expletive redacted stuff like that anymore)… Projections of that sort onto others are out of the mind of the individual that made the statement and reflect way more onto THAT individual making than the individuals being spoken about.

Let’s take just one idea of the new Dominicana. I for one would define a person who can’t cook as devoid of an important life skill as that as fundamental as life itself. Fortunately, I had a Mother who felt that her boys should be able to cook and trained me well enough in culinary skills that I was able to pay part of my way through college by being a brunch cook. Was that off topic? I only mention to say that I personally wouldn’t hold that lack of ability in high esteem for a personal relationship.

I reject the assertion the “new Dominicana” is any better than the “old Dominicana” and neither will make a better or worse domestic partner. I also reject the assertion that loneliness drives men to leave their own countries to travel to others to seek domestic partners. Or that somehow men that do that are devoid of redeeming qualities within themselves. Everyone knows (or at least I thought every knew) that as a man if you cannot handle you business in your own country…it’s unlikely that you will be able to handle your business in others. This is true no matter what type of business we are talking about.

Now, I’m going to eliminate commentary by those who came to Republica Dominicana (RD) with their parents. And I’ll eliminate those who are not looking for partners. But if you have a dominicana partner then in my opinion anyone posting negative commentary about others seeking partners away from their country origin is typing out of both sides of their their keyboard.

If the topic was supposed to be about the “new Dominicana” then why is there a need to present any evidence of who may or may not be seeking life partners in RD? This to me is clearly a off topic subject that could be explored if anyone was truly interested in it instead of trying to just make a point.

In my opinion, the “new Dominicana” is in a bad way. Because although I have no proof of it one way or the other, I would imagine that neither the “New Dominicano” or the “foreign male” would be interested in that type of life partner. Furthermore the “new Dominicana” is hampered by travel restrictions in her ability to market these new qualities that she is developing to the world.

I know some are very fond of taking anecdotal incidents and projecting them across the whole of a population. With my training in quantitative sociology I simply will not do that. There are no academic studies in any of the suppositions that have been presented in this thread. But surmising from the new study (USA) referenced below the number of males (any age group) seeking life partners outside of their country origin is minuscule. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

http://www.stanforddaily.com/2010/02/22/surfing-for-love/

backed up by the study below:

http://data.stanford.edu/hcmst2017

“I talk it like I did it cause I lived it by the way - Young Jezzy

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
LIDR,

Yes l live here.
I am here only because this is where my wife wishes to live, no she is not Dominican.
No we will not live here forever.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Oh really? You brought it up in the first paragraph of the first post you made in this thread. I wonder if you have any extensive friendships with males outside of your age group that live outside of the Dominican Republic that allows you support your statement? That’s a rhetorical question. But something tells me you won’t leave it alone. LOL!

In my opinion, why would you want to get married? It’s not a good deal for men to allow the country of origin or the one they live in to get involved in your financial affairs. And as I pointed out in a previous post I have yet to find a relationship where money was not involved. I read your statement more as your moral opinion on what you see around you than any real substantive comment on social trends in the Dominican Republic. You certainly are entitled to that. But I don’t agree with it.

No one needs to step back in time to define gender roles. They are what they are. The difference in gender roles in the the west and gender roles in Latin American countries have more to do with culture than finance. As Tupoc said “I get around” and my friends do too. And the common thread that we talk about when speaking about gender roles differences have to do with Latin American culture, not finance.

If I comment that the floor needs vacuuming, I already know it will be pointed out that there is no reason why I can't resolve that myself, which really wasn't the result I was hoping for by mentioning it…
Well if you can’t vacuum your own floor anymore then maybe you should consider hiring a person to clean your apartment. This solution has nothing to do with living in the Dominican Republic, the culture of the Dominican Republic or gender roles. And might I add (for those unaware of the macro economic system that exists when it comes to personal relationships throughout the world) a way less expensive way to get your floor vacuumed in the Dominican Republic and elsewhere.

Besides, I've never had carpet on my floors in places I have lived in the Dominican Republic. And I've never had to ask someone to sweep them let alone vacuum them. And I might I I've never had a cleaning person either. And yet, my floors stay clean. Now that was a far off topic as I've seen in this thread

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Reading our friend LoveintheDR's posts - recently closed....got me thinking

I was ready to wade in when it was shut down but I think the point I will make is valid

Here goes -

All over the world, women of a certain age (like 25-35 for example) have a newer , a different outlook on life.
I have 2 daughters in that bracket

They see the world through different eyes - a different lens
Took Gloria Steinhem almost 3 generations !!

The DR is even more different...

Of course , most conversation here is street girls, barrios and so on... so be it
but there are many, many who seek education and a better life in general
Not necessarily on the coattails of a gringo or Dominicano.

Computer literate ,
These women see the TV, the news, current affairs.
They seek a new, better life .

They won't tolerate the 'old style' relationship....
married to a husband who has several girlfriends

If I have heard it once... I've heard it a million times...
The DR is too Macho... too male dominated....
They know it.... and they don't like it

Our friend seeking poster ... might be on to something

Easy to get girls at the bars etc.
But the real catches might be at the Colegios and Universidades
It won't be as easy as 'Eye Contact'....
But the payoff might be better.

A local friend explained it this way
The poorer the Dominicana.... the more she looks like that...
as she pointed to the strutting, shapely young girl on the sidewalk...
One anybody would ogle ....

I have to say - that made sense

Just my thoughts...

Don't bother flaming me...
I really don't care

Just an opinion......

Seeing as the hissing/p!ssing has started....

Perhaps we should 'refresh' the original idea....
Which is not directed specifically at the DR culture.....

Wimminz in general was the target...
but I can agree...
some countries/cultures advance faster than others

After all, we have no female genital mutilation here that I know of ---- as one example.
And the clothing is rather provocative -- as opposed other cultures
But more so than where many of us come from.

As we can see - there are some dinosaurs still roaming the planet... well hidden on little islands
hahaha

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Ok, thanks for responding. So in light of everything you have been writing, I would assume you are with a Jamaican woman companion. You stated the reason why you don't in fact live in Jamaica because of the violence(I know that's right, and I have never been there), but did you bring a nice Jamaican lady friend with you to reside in DR as well? Because I'm sure there were and are many compatible Jamaican women that share the , same culture, music and food taste and style, that you could be with other than the native Dominicanas you're probably co-habiting with presently?

why would you reflexively assume that i had to have brought a woman in my luggage, and a Jamaican woman at that? and why do you assume i am cohabiting with anyone at the moment?

is the concept of an unattached person that much of an oddity these days? and why would you conclude that if i am in the DR, and i am attached, then my significant other must be a Dominican? what if i am with an expat from any of a number of countries? how about a Venezuelan? a Haitian, perhaps? the possibilities are legion...

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Perhaps we should 'refresh' the original idea....
Which is not directed specifically at the DR culture.....As we can see - there are some dinosaurs still roaming the planet... well hidden on little islands
hahaha
My bad. I thought the name of the thread was THE NEW DOMINICANA. So instead of refreshing the original idea...a renaming of the thread is in order.

Dinosaurs still roaming the planet? Only in the moves brother...LOL!!! Wait...I think I do see ad hominan hiding behind a keyboard. Maybe you were right after all?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Vegas...

the new Dominicana is no different than the new woman ANYWHERE.... is/was my point

Cultural shifting.... societal upheaval....
call it what you will..

and as for your dinosaurs.....
don't look over your shoulder....

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
As Tupoc said “I get around” and my friends do too. And the common thread that we talk about when speaking about gender roles differences have to do with Latin American culture, not finance.

I think you meant Tupac.

My floors are dirty and they could use some cleaning. I've been drinking again... if the mods
are willing to allow it, lol, I'll take this thread way off topic.

LoveInDR

Feb 27, 2019
why would you reflexively assume that i had to have brought a woman in my luggage, and a Jamaican woman at that? and why do you assume i am cohabiting with anyone at the moment?

is the concept of an unattached person that much of an oddity these days? and why would you conclude that if i am in the DR, and i am attached, then my significant other must be a Dominican? what if i am with an expat from any of a number of countries? how about a Venezuelan? a Haitian, perhaps? the possibilities are legion...

Well, yes, it’s an oddity these days, as your current situation reinforced the normality, because you are in fact married. So in this case my assumption was correct, although not with a Dominicana as you claim, it’s not. Is your wife Jamaican?

I assumed when heterosexual man decides to live and become an ex-pat in the DR, the native women there become a predominate factor in that decision. But, again, that may be just my mindset!

Also, what I was alluding to earlier and was getting at, was that here you are writing all negative about lonely men from the states or whatever, being inadequate to find a suitable mate where they came from, and can’t possibly be adequate and capable enough of finding a suitable mate in the DR. (I’m paraphrasing, your main points)

TheGorgon, I gotten this from reading your thread responses--- you telling others where they should or should not look for a suitable wife, that they may feel can make them happy for the duration of their life, and perhaps they, the foreigner should find or look for their wife in their own country.

First off, we are all adults and free agents here. Even more so if you are from the USA with an active passport. With that being said, there’s no one on this planet that can tell me where I should or shouldn’t go regarding looking for my dream come true wife. So if it happens to be in the DR (which it is), then it’s the DR. That’s final say, on that matter.

Can I get a suitable wife, in the USA, of course I can personally, but again, I don’t want an American wife. The whole environmental and negative atmosphere that permeates the USA is not something I would like to have, while I’m also married there too, in the USA. That kind of negativity sometimes breeds negativity in day to day marriage life.

But, alas, the DR is a whole different story altogether, living on an island surrounded by the most beautiful women on this planet. Although, If I’m going the marriage route with one Dominicana in particular, I’d need to refrain from staring at these other Dominican beauties.

Does the DR have its problems!? They most certainly do, in some case worst than the US’s problems. But If and when I’m choosing to reside in the DR, it’s basically choosing the less of two evils.

Status
Not open for further replies.