The New US Ambassador to the DR

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Everything that has been said about DR´s US Ambassador position being a political thank you token was already said back in March by Óscar Medina in Hoy Mismo. This was before the new US Ambassador arrived at her post. The point is that many Dominicans understand the nature of the US Ambassadors sent to the country.

[video=youtube;x92cxBxVE7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x92cxBxVE7I[/video]

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Everything that has been said about DR´s US Ambassador position being a political thank you token was already said back in March by Óscar Medina in Hoy Mismo. This was before the new US Ambassador arrived at her post. The point is that many Dominicans understand the nature of the US Ambassadors sent to the country.
Besides the in-your-face advocacy of Rainbow Warrior Brewster, do Dominicans really care much about the US Ambassador?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Besides the in-your-face advocacy of Rainbow Warrior Brewster, do Dominicans really care much about the US Ambassador?

suppose it depends which Dominicans - I heard complaints about Hans Hertell -- then the next one - Robert Fannon - who tried to speak Spanish but really should not have... Then the one from La Raza... But for the average Dominican, I doubt it makes a bit of difference.