The non-profit Fighting to Keep Sosua's History Alive (and the sad state of the Jewish Museum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
We know several 2nd and 3rd generation of the original Sosua Jewish founders. Beyond a doubt, they have profited from their original settling families.
Most have prospered greatly over those years. They have moved on from Sosua and really don't give a dang.
Hiding the past?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rover

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
I wonder why you 3, almost certainly non Jewish "gentlemen", choose to give this nice
Jewish lady such a hard time? Care to explain yourselves?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Billp16
Aug 21, 2007
I am told there is more to the story than meets the eye. I do not know the untold story, but apparently, it is different from the one widely known and accepted. The person speaking to me from personal experience refused to elaborate because "to do so would not be safe."

Reactions: JD Jones and Abuela

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I wonder why you 3, almost certainly non Jewish "gentlemen", choose to give this nice
Jewish lady such a hard time? Care to explain yourselves?

Oh, and no, mister moderator I'm not talking about you.....although...
Look at the pot calling the kettle black.

• Haha
Reactions: Michael DR

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I am told there is more to the story than meets the eye. I do not know the untold story, but apparently, it is different from the one widely known and accepted. The person speaking to me from personal experience refused to elaborate because "to do so would not be safe."
Perhaps Gabriela will chime in, she always has great incite about Judeo-Sosua history as a descendant.

rover

Aug 19, 2007
Is by chance the person your talking to a drama queen ?

Reactions: Tamborista

rover

Aug 19, 2007
Well right there tells me pretty much all I got to know. If the Jewish Community did nothing. zero, did not even try to save the Hess house then that shows me they are not interested at all in saving the history. And if memory serves me correct was not Illiana the mayor at that time and her being a direct descendant of the original jewish settlers.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I would be interested to know what happened to the Hotel Garden City and the teatro.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Well right there tells me pretty much all I got to know. If the Jewish Community did nothing. zero, did not even try to save the Hess house then that shows me they are not interested at all in saving the history. And if memory serves me correct was not Illiana the mayor at that time and her being a direct descendant of the original jewish settlers.
Luis's sons sold the property for a small sum to the investors of the shopping plaza, it was preserved for a brief spell and open to view.
The current Mayor was involved in that transformation. I guess life goes on.

rover

Aug 19, 2007
Luis's sons sold the property for a small sum to the investors of the shopping plaza, it was preserved for a brief spell and open to view.
The current Mayor was involved in that transformation. I guess life goes on.
I'm sure his son would of liked his fathers memory preserved and would of negotiated good terms with the city if they were interested but obviously they couldn't give a Damn.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
It was Luis Hess's house, a shame it was converted to a putaria / bar, should have been preserved.
Casa Hess with his lovely orchid collection
1617487996173.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.