The old Lady gets her pipes cleaned (CORAAPPLATA)

Would you like your pipes cleaned too?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
CLEANING THE SOCKET AND CORRECTING MULTIPLE FAULTS IN THE PUERTO PLATA AQUEDUCT MAIN LINE
PUERTO PLATA. - The Puerto Plata Aqueduct and Sewer Corporation (CORAAPPLATA), ordered an exhaustive cleaning of the aqueduct intake work in the Madre Vieja community of Sosúa.
The maintenance action was ordered by the general director of CORAAPPLATA, engineer Oliver Nazario Brugal, to make the collection, treatment and distribution of drinking water more efficient in this Atlantic jurisdiction.
Said cleaning day in the filtering galleries in the intake work and the treatment plant of the Madre Vieja aqueduct is carried out by the Operations and Maintenance department directed by the engineer Hendy De la Cruz.
Heavy machinery and brigades of workers removed tons of mud, stones and sediment from the dam, as well as the records of the aqueduct where the suction valves are located, which were more than 18 years old without receiving any maintenance.
Due to this work, a greater proportion will be obtained in the collection of water from natural springs that exist in that area, since, with clean aqueduct filters, because the water that rises to the surface is taken more easily for its treatment and subsequent distribution.
Likewise, it runs a comprehensive operation to correct multiple failures in the main 36-inch pipeline of the aforementioned aqueduct, to eliminate several leaks that exist and where thousands of gallons of drinking water are wasted.
The leak correction is implemented in the adduction and impulsion lines that go from the intake work to the treatment plant in Madre Vieja, which is why the aqueduct that supplies drinking water to the municipalities of Montellano and San Felipe de Puerto Silver, he was off duty for two days (Tuesday and Wednesday).
* Communications Department / Coraapplata. -

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Perhaps they can eventually leave the water on all the time. That is what you get when the government runs a utility service.

Reactions: CDNBear

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Have been like that long time ago where my girlfriend live. Lucky I guess

Me, not so clean pipes:(
When I first arrived in Cabarete and probably for more than 10 years we had 40+ pounds of water pressure and only of if there was an emergency problem that was fixed quickly. Now water is off at least 2 (or 3) days a week and does not go over 25 lbs in pressure when on. My 5,000 gallon cistern and massive GE 30 year old pump get used a lot. They might consider constructed some reservoirs on the north coast as well, but that would be asking too much.