The owner of Ahnvee writes a detailed post about the unsuccessful raid.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Clearly some have figure out how to get around the curfew restrictions. I'd love to know how they do it reliably time after time.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Given the clientele attracted by Anhvee, both desperate monger and more desperate Spandex Queens alike, it likely won't be long until something happens like what happened at Hotel Alicia. And should a murder occur there or a bad stabbing over a shakedown or room robbery, etc the party lights will turn into a bright spotlight of attention.

We all hope that doesn't happen but you can only play at the tables so long until craps come up.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Making it rain in the pool - hope that's money and not golden showers? - Fudging in the bathrooms? YouTube sex videos... Man that's high class clientele you got there Anhvee.
I think the hookers might be of slightly higher class than the guests. At least it's not them trying to impress others with their 'wealth'
God I would not book a room in that place if it were $15/night. You'd probably get crabs and syphilis just sitting at the bar after one beer.

But since this guy mentions the extortion attempted by high ranking authorities - I think he just went internet-public with his own death warrant (maybe literally) - because once Abinader gets wind of this type of government shake down he might be compelled to move against those 'high ranking authorities' and I am sure they will not be having any of that career-ending action started by an insignificant sleazy screw-palace hotel owner.
And Mayor Willy isn't going to stick a fork in his own eye for this joint.

Just beware the ides of October.

And I think he should not have insulted the other business owners. Because as much as the management of Ahnvee thinks they can survive in their own little island as a hotel & bar of one - that place needs other businesses, because no one will come as tourists if that dive is the only action left standing in Sosua.

I was LITERALLY going to say the EXACT same THOUGHT .. not exact words perhaps , but exactly the same in principle ..
these guys just signed their own death warrant ..
tick tok ..
no going back now ..

One thing Dominicans have, and if you dont know ANYTHING at all about their Culture it would behoove you to LEARN it ( speaking to them, not you chico bill)
Dominicans have PRIDE, especially when they wear a Uniform , or a position of Power .
And these dudes just spit in their Eye , and think nothing will fall out after ?
lmfao at the absolutely stupidity of this move .

user123

Aug 16, 2017
I wish the authorities would follow up on this; tell us who this "high ranking" official who tried to extort you is, or you'll be charged for defamation/slander!

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I was LITERALLY going to say the EXACT same THOUGHT .. not exact words perhaps , but exactly the same in principle ..
these guys just signed their own death warrant ..
tick tok ..
no going back now ..

One thing Dominicans have, and if you dont know ANYTHING at all about their Culture it would behoove you to LEARN it ( speaking to them, not you chico bill)
Dominicans have PRIDE, especially when they wear a Uniform , or a position of Power .
And these dudes just spit in their Eye , and think nothing will fall out after ?
lmfao at the absolutely stupidity of this move .

I was thinking the same thing and I'm no expert on Dominican culture. No foreigner should do something like that without thinking of the repercussions. Maybe he thinks his shit don't stink but I think he made a major mistake.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I was thinking the same thing and I'm no expert on Dominican culture. No foreigner should do something like that without thinking of the repercussions. Maybe he thinks his shit don't stink but I think he made a major mistake.
sorry I have no feelings for owner making money off flesh trade and being closed down because he is either stupid or arrogant or both to think a gringo thinks he can trump Dominican policy makers ..

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I wish the authorities would follow up on this; tell us who this "high ranking" official who tried to extort you is, or you'll be charged for defamation/slander!

Attachments

• 082F0B34-0B76-4EFF-9E02-F41BDBC3F6E4.jpeg
    082F0B34-0B76-4EFF-9E02-F41BDBC3F6E4.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
sorry I have no feelings for owner making money off flesh trade and being closed down because he is either stupid or arrogant or both to think a gringo thinks he can trump Dominican policy makers ..
If that is the case,
he won't be the first.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Sosua has one of the nicest beaches
anywhere on the planet. They could
gut the entire town inside out. Sosua
would still have one of the nicest beaches
on the planet.

Nicest beaches on the planet? I gotta call this one out. It is far, far from one of the nicest beaches on the planet. There are much nicer beaches in many other countries. I love Sosua beach but come on.

aeng

Aug 13, 2019
What happened to the HIGH CARIBBEAN , that was in the "Red Zone" ? It didn't stay open for long ?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
What happened to the HIGH CARIBBEAN , that was in the "Red Zone" ? It didn't stay open for long ?
Good question. These places come and go so often I can't keep track. The waitress's bounce all over as well. That place Merengue was a mainstay for years and now many work at the new place in the redzone

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

The last reopening was doomed from the start. It was Ad and one or two (money?) partners. Ad was not the easiest guy to get along with, to put it nicely. I think it was open for a couple months then closed again.

Reactions: Garyexpat and jd426

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
They did a fantastic job on renovating High Caribbean. By far, the nicest and best laid-out club in Sosua - at least compared to the others many years ago. Haven't been clubbing on PC for many years. Once tourism returns, and if that sports bar complex works out, I'm sure it will be open and popular once again. It used to be packed almost 20 years ago the last time I was there when that end of PC was really dark and spooky.

Reactions: JD Jones and Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
They did a fantastic job on renovating High Caribbean. By far, the nicest and best laid-out club in Sosua - at least compared to the others many years ago. Once tourism returns, and if that sports bar complex works out, I'm sure it will be open and popular once again. It used to be packed almost 20 years ago the last time I was there when that end of PC was really dark and spooky.
it was a good spot. Is that restaurant/bar/ on that end owned by Elvis still there? I heard he was getting out of jail. Wonder if he will open up down there again.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
it was a good spot. Is that restaurant/bar/ on that end owned by Elvis still there? I heard he was getting out of jail. Wonder if he will open up down there again.
Not sure about the restaurant/bar, but I did hear Elvis will be getting out soon(if not already out?).

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Nicest beaches on the planet? I gotta call this one out. It is far, far from one of the nicest beaches on the planet. There are much nicer beaches in many other countries. I love Sosua beach but come on.
Sosua can hold its own.

j_d66

Nov 1, 2012

The last reopening was doomed from the start. It was Ad and one or two (money?) partners. Ad was not the easiest guy to get along with, to put it nicely. I think it was open for a couple months then closed again.

Renovated by AD and some other money partners.
They could not get along with AD (most can't)

Once they told him to hit the bricks they could not stay open much longer mostly due to lack of the ability to manage a larger venue

City Lights took over the location when the Pedro Clisante bars got shut down but did not have very much business mostly because it was fall and there were few tourists around and those that were went to Ahnvee and Play Chiquita instead.

In the video about the new RLD (other thread) he made mention that High Caribbean would likely reopen at some point by the City Lights ownership but probably temporary until the new disco at RLD is ready to go.

High Caribbean is actually a pretty decent place but there are some problems with the roof leaking that apparently is not an easy fix

Reactions: ctrob and jd426