the poorest dominicans don't eat

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Agreed. Any way you slice it or fry it, DR salami is ICKY, and I'm not eating it. I'd eat Mondongo before eating DR salami. I get made fun of too when we're at my wife's house in POP because salami with pan is what's for breakfast, and I just drink my coffee. Funny that even though my wife loves Genoa and Italian hard salami that we buy, she prefers and will purchase the Dominican stuff whenever it is available. To me it's chicken and turkey guts.

actually, it is just refuse of poultry products. there is some article on the net telling that companies like Tyson foods grind up all the refuse from chickens and sell it in barrels of unsightly slush to companies that make salami. yup, the beaks, the lower feet, the little red combs...yuck!!!

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Who will last longer without so many doctors visits, a Gringo or a Dominican?

Just wondering!

JJ

I would say the Dominican because of the lack of processed, chemically tainted foods that they eat. There are a lot of really old people in the DR.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Grandma of my ex wife passed away at 86. Never visited a doctor in her life, smoked cigars, pulled teeth out somehow using garlic for a while on the tooth affected and who knows what...

But in general I do see very few real old people compared to say Germany...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Grandma of my ex wife passed away at 86. Never visited a doctor in her life, smoked cigars, pulled teeth out somehow using garlic for a while on the tooth affected and who knows what...

But in general I do see very few real old people compared to say Germany...

Lots of old people in Jarabacoa and surrounding mountain areas. The hotter the climate the harder it is on old people.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Outside the FNP and Pacoredo (which don't reach even minor party status as far as numbers go), do you see any groups here filling the KKK, Golden Dawn, BNP and PEGIDA structures Fisher most likely has on his mind?

that's part of what i meant, and not pointed to the usa as a target, i said 1st world countries and include without doubt german modern time Nazis, Rights, Browns, Austrian Blues etc etc etc.
without doubt dominicans have a strict order by skin colors, in their mind the lighter the skin color the higher "valued".
without doubt, when heated up by irresponsible leaders/News releases etc they run right away after everything haitian looking in the 'hood, but they are very far from beeing as rasists as the 1st world prooved to be over long time frames.
usa and western european countries are very open to immigrants of the whole world, of all skin colors and religions, let them build their churchs there and all the whole 9 yards, BUT they completely failed on Integrating the immigrants into the existing societies. they let 'em in to start their own little societies, live for most part in "sections/barrios/areas" where the original Citizens of that country would be like a stranger in the foreign land. it of course has to do with the huge size of land and population of those 1st world countries, with the bordering of many other different countries and with the "dreamland-thinking" of the facts that a poor/bad life in a 1st world country is many steps above the actual life back home in their country for those Immigrants. so they come legally and illegally from many different countries.
the DR has only one direct/easy accessible border, Haiti, so the Immigrations problem is restricted to just one foreign country's citizens. the fact that this single country neighbour is compared to DR so far worse off, does not make anything easier, the bigger the economical differences, the more desperate the "illegal Travelers". sure there would be no reason for a Puerto Rican, Jamaicinian etc to flee his homeland to become a citizen of the DR, with exception of PR all other countries are far away for a quick Human Trafficking, too.
so the DR does not run the forementioned organized open racism as the first world countries do with Millions of their Law obiding Nice Citizens, mislead by false leaders the same ways as Religious Leaders mislead their sheeps worldwide into miserable actions.
the Situation of a small and due missing number of neighbours isolated Island-Country ranking as a "developing country" at best, can on no point be compared to the possibilities and obligations of world ruling countries on the same matters/themes.
the DR has to be seen as a sole/single situation and the immigration problem has to be solved as such, a single unique situation which requires actions/rules etc specifically designed for the DR's problem. what worked or failed elsewhere is for most part irrelevant, aside the fact that "elsewhere" did in my opinion not very well on the theme, hence they all have immense troubles and costs for little control over their borders and numbers of incoming Immigrants.

Mike

Apr 7, 2014
Outside the FNP and Pacoredo (which don't reach even minor party status as far as numbers go), do you see any groups here filling the KKK, Golden Dawn, BNP and PEGIDA structures Fisher most likely has on his mind?
If people generally believe "being white is an occupation" & that white folks are more professional and competent than everyone else and that women with natural hair are ugly and men with natural hair need to get a brush cut every 2 weeks, then racism as a social construct already exists in its highest form because it is IN the mind of everyone in the country.

It feeds their inferiority complex and the conceptual fallacy that they are stupid. It also placates their existence in an environment where there is no penalty to being ignorant, foolish or irresponsible because likewise there is no reward for perserverance, studiousness and planning.

The same inferiority makes them cling to garbage cuisine like butt salami and deathly afraid of trying cheesecake. "What if I try it and like it and I never get to have it again? It is better not to even try it, because I know I wont like it. Only smart people can eat that. There something wrong with me because I never win, I wish I wasnt born. I wish I could meet a guy from over there so he could fix my issues. I dont want to try to fix them myself because it is too hard and if I fail I will just know it was because Im stupid. And if others found out I tried and failed, then they will make fun of me. It is better not to try at anything. If God wants me to have then he will provide it for me."

"The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed"
-Steven Biko

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
how can people b*tch about dominicans being wasteful and at the same time condemn dominicans for eating salami, which essentially is waste, recycled? i'm not a fan of salami but i can eat it. i know what goes in, it's not that different from the grossness in mondongo, blood sausage (i eat both con gusto) and other dishes made from what's truly left over.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If people generally believe "being white is an occupation" & that white folks are more professional and competent than everyone else and that women with natural hair are ugly and men with natural hair need to get a brush cut every 2 weeks, then racism as a social construct already exists in its highest form because it is IN the mind of everyone in the country.

It feeds their inferiority complex and the conceptual fallacy that they are stupid. It also placates their existence in an environment where there is no penalty to being ignorant, foolish or irresponsible because likewise there is no reward for perserverance, studiousness and planning.

The same inferiority makes them cling to garbage cuisine like butt salami and deathly afraid of trying cheesecake. "What if I try it and like it and I never get to have it again? It is better not to even try it, because I know I wont like it. Only smart people can eat that. There something wrong with me because I never win, I wish I wasnt born. I wish I could meet a guy from over there so he could fix my issues. I dont want to try to fix them myself because it is too hard and if I fail I will just know it was because Im stupid. And if others found out I tried and failed, then they will make fun of me. It is better not to try at anything. If God wants me to have then he will provide it for me."

"The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed"
-Steven Biko

Perhaps in the past but less so now. I see plenty of women with natural hair, and I also see lots of men with longer/fuller hair. It makes sense in a tropical country to have short hair and it is certainly easier to take care off, so perhaps the reasons are nothing to do with racism.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
WHAAAT ????
haha...anyway, if you are from US, then maybe really dominican food has "less" chemicals inside...
but if you are from Europe and its not UK, then its garbage...with god knows what inside.
I remember reading some blogs of "travellers" who were delighted by dominican food - like hamburgers sold on the street and so on.yack.
it made me wonder what these people eat in their home countries....
I would say the Dominican because of the lack of processed, chemically tainted foods that they eat. There are a lot of really old people in the DR.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008

Issues of colonialism and immigration, while related, aren't always in the same league. For starters, could you name one Latin American country without the same issues with otherness (the difference being of course, that the other is an Amerindian person)? And as Fisher already remarked, the DR's differing position regarding the bigger fish out there is that, while it's true that there is some initial clash with our largest pool of immigrants, sooner or later they end up being integrated with the larger population, contrary to what happens in the better structured countries out there in which, while being open to those migrations in paper (and the immigrants being allowed to have their own spaces) at the end of the day said people get to identify in most cases as hyphens and not fully as people of x-nationality. Hence, the perfect ground for the neorreactionary groups against said groups to take ground.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
how can people b*tch about dominicans being wasteful and at the same time condemn dominicans for eating salami, which essentially is waste, recycled? i'm not a fan of salami but i can eat it. i know what goes in, it's not that different from the grossness in mondongo, blood sausage (i eat both con gusto) and other dishes made from what's truly left over.

exactly that.
i love bloodwurst, salamis(luckily i can afford to purchase good tasting imports, the dominican salamis simply have no taste imho) and since ever i love german Fleischwurst, which is simply made from all the leftover trash at the butchers place. nothing of rel quality inside them, but they taste great to me.
the only reason why dominicans eat what they eat of those low quality products, is the fact that thos eproducts are affordable by the available budget. hence dominicans on lowest income and dominicans of higher incomes do not their shopping at the same places/supermarkets and do not purchase the same products of alimentations.
the same for the german or us-american lowest income groups, which are in those 1st world countries also a high %%% of the population. the purchase/eat cheaper/low quality compared to the ones who can afford to purchase their stuff at the bio-shop or delicatess-market.
nothing of that at all is a difference between a dominican or european or american citizen, all of that is the difference between the different classes/income levels of societies.
nobody can tell me that the population of a american trailer park eats healthy and purchases expensive "good" salamis and 11st class beef and healthy bio-products, i know as fact that the millons of German low income citizens by far could not afford such.
while all above said about salamis and all those things is correct, it def is in no way a dominican thingy as some selfnamed "superior" gurus here on the bord wanna make us believe, of many most likely did not have the financial access to the homecountry's first-quality purchases due missing income anyways. so it is easy to feel "superior" in case of education and lifestyle compared to poor dominicans and biach about their Salami Quality. what a joke, considering that the own home country's huuuuge number of Citizens lifes of lowest incomes, lowest level housings, poorest food quality and on a educational level which sure is not anything to be proud of. not to mention the millions of homeless pushing shopping carts with all their belongings.
the biaching of some shows where they themselves come from and try to flee from.
it will not work, your offcome always catchs up and shows.

Mike

Apr 7, 2014
Perhaps in the past but less so now. I see plenty of women with natural hair, and I also see lots of men with longer/fuller hair. It makes sense in a tropical country to have short hair and it is certainly easier to take care off, so perhaps the reasons are nothing to do with racism.
You re fooling yourself bobaroni. What you see and what they say are too different items. You seldom see women with blowouts or braids, unless they are from Puerta Plata. You seldom see men with fades and or dreads even though American pop culture is overwhelming what the people absorb.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
You re fooling yourself bobaroni. What you see and what they say are too different items. You seldom see women with blowouts or braids, unless they are from Puerta Plata. You seldom see men with fades and or dreads even though American pop culture is overwhelming what the people absorb.

You sure about the latter? Cuz' as far as I can tell, you can find plenty of men with afros (grenhas, in popular parlance) and dreads in the barrios of this city, specially since so called "urban culture" reigns supreme there.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
not really, as in your neighbour country of the east - Poland - you get excellent food for excellent price.and you dont have to pay a lot to eat good stuff.
even the worst bread from polish supermarket is better than dominican bread.
even the worst polish salami or jam is better than dominican salami or jamon.
and how much is the beer in Germany ? I really doubt that its 1,5 eur in supermarket - like here;-)

the only reason why dominicans eat what they eat of those low quality products, is the fact that thos eproducts are affordable by the available budget. hence dominicans on lowest income and dominicans of higher incomes do not their shopping at the same places/supermarkets and do not purchase the same products of alimentations.
Mike

Apr 7, 2014
Issues of colonialism and immigration, while related, aren't always in the same league. For starters, could you name one Latin American country without the same issues with otherness (the difference being of course, that the other is an Amerindian person)? And as Fisher already remarked, the DR's differing position regarding the bigger fish out there is that, while it's true that there is some initial clash with our largest pool of immigrants, sooner or later they end up being integrated with the larger population, contrary to what happens in the better structured countries out there in which, while being open to those migrations in paper (and the immigrants being allowed to have their own spaces) at the end of the day said people get to identify in most cases as hyphens and not fully as people of x-nationality. Hence, the perfect ground for the neorreactionary groups against said groups to take ground.
Immigration issues are fake, red herrings and all types of meandering, disjointed confusion meant to trick people into believing their deprivation is due to fictional others and not a kleptocratic power structure which places preference of resource allocation on the populations proximity to European descendents. As different as it is parochially in Hispaniola it is the same issue all over Latinamerica and continental Africa and continental Asia. Abject poverty is socially constructed program to rob certain people of quality of life and award it to others.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
not really, as in your neighbour country of the east - Poland - you get excellent food for excellent price.and you dont have to pay a lot to eat good stuff.
even the worst bread from polish supermarket is better than dominican bread.
even the worst polish salami or jam is better than dominican salami or jamon.
and how much is the beer in Germany ? I really doubt that its 1,5 eur in supermarket - like here;-)

so you recommend to low income germans to travel to poland and purchase salamis/sausages there and drink more "healthy" beer because it's more affordable than something else?
i don't start on this, as this topic is about what poor dominicans eat and why they eat that and not some kinda quality beef or drink cheap german beer.
my point been:
in each country each society level/income level consumes of the available alimentations the ones which fit their budget.
in the DR the famous and on this topic so biached about "Salami" is as fact one of the affordable products for the lower income Citizens, and for many even the cheapest DR Salami is a "extra" and not stored in a fridge in quantities and for many not even affordable on daily bases.
a german low income guy would not know what real Caviar tastes like, and i doubt 50 millions of us-americans would know/have ever tasted it. as it is far out of their alimentation's budget. exactly the same categories are fact in the DR.
nothing of that has to do with "which country has the best 1st class cuisine/sells or consumes the most healthy or worst products/has the cheapest beer or best beer or saucages". Dominicans of different income levels eat the different affordable products according to their income level available in their country/city/barrio, exactly as the whole rest of the world does.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Immigration issues are fake, red herrings and all types of meandering, disjointed confusion meant to trick people into believing their deprivation is due to fictional others and not a kleptocratic power structure which places preference of resource allocation on the populations proximity to European descendents. As different as it is parochially in Hispaniola it is the same issue all over Latinamerica and continental Africa and continental Asia. Abject poverty is socially constructed program to rob certain people of quality of life and award it to others.

and the same is fact in the 1st world countries, or do you wanna tell me that the mayority of citizens of your country of origen are able to do their food shopping at every top quality store when ever and where ever they wish, are not told by their Leaders that they are poor and live on the streets or in a Trailer or in a tiny shabby appartment because of those millions of Immigrants which take "their jobs" for cheap, hence themselves doesn't get a decent job good enough paid to be part of the mid or upper class??, lol.
your writings get funny.
anyways, we should get back on Topic, which is ""poorest dominicans don't eat"".
the Immigrations Theme is discussed on a different topic, and you know that, as you typed some thousand words about it there already.

Mike