The problem with little white girls and boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hope is a good thing, but a realistic expectation of an improving situation is far better. Sending a bunch of children on a mission has little hope of such an improvement but costs a great deal of money.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
With so much help being needed in their home country, you gotta suspect the motives of these missioners. Charity begins at home. I've noticed in the DR most of the folks want your money not you. They are more comfortable around their own and rarely try to learn a different culture. As soon as you give them anything they rush back to the barrio. When that lil bit is gone,
they slink back around looking for more. I love the people because they are easy to understand. But it is what it is.

aren't you more comfortable among your own? just askin.....

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Reading this thread reminded me of a little story that I once heard .....

An American tourist complimented the local fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them. "Not long", said the fisherman. "Then why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?" asked the American. The man said that his small catch was enough for his family.

The American asked, "What do you do with the rest of your time?" The fisherman replied, "I sleep late, play with my children, catch a few fish, and take a siesta with my wife. In the evenings I go into the village to see my friends, have a few drinks, play the guitar and sing a few songs. I have fun."

The American interrupted, "Stop. I have a Master's degree from Duke. I can help you. Start by fishing longer. Sell the extra fish you catch to buy a bigger boat. The larger boat will bring in more money so you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet. Skip the middleman and sell directly to the processing plants. Then you can leave this little village, move to the big city, or maybe even New York City, and from there you can direct your enterprise."

"How long would that take?" asked the fisherman? "20-25 years", replied the American. "And after that?" asked the fisherman. "That's when it gets even better", answered the smiling American. "When your business gets really big, start selling stocks and make millions!" "Millions? Really? And after that?" asked the fisherman. . . "

"After that you'll be able to retire, live in a tiny coastal village, sleep late, play with your grandchildren, catch a few fish, take a siesta with your wife and spend your evenings drinking and playing the guitar with friends!"

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I would rather chew on broken glass than read another one of her judgmental "look how worldly I am" diatribes.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Add, posting on DR1, and that's what I do now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and, "Welcome back"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

and,and, exactly what "Paul" said!
Most of you can't see through her "PC",Look At Me" Bull$HIT" BUT A FEW OF US CAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Add, posting on DR1, and that's what I do now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and, "Welcome back"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

and,and, exactly what "Paul" said!
Most of you can't see through her "PC",Look At Me" Bull$HIT" BUT A FEW OF US CAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a list of the cool aid drinking blind following the blind look at the dislikes on my post on page one! Hahaha

drescape24

AtomicPhil

Feb 6, 2012
A, A
nice i read this yesterday, i guess since colonial times when europeans came and conquered many lands stole our resources and created a system which mostly benefits whites, and or lighter skinned of other races in there lands. since then many see them as a provider, helpers, saviors etc. which at the end they arent they are just like the rest of us. but sadly those who control most of the worlds wealth and international money are whites.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
nice i read this yesterday, i guess since colonial times when europeans came and conquered many lands stole our resources and created a system which mostly benefits whites, and or lighter skinned of other races in there lands. since then many see them as a provider, helpers, saviors etc. which at the end they arent they are just like the rest of us. but sadly those who control most of the worlds wealth and international money are whites.

It's what our secret Mogolian Banking cabal to wants you to believe.

zlj1

Aug 1, 2013
I am amazed at the disparity concerning this article. I am able to see both sides of the issue and I think everyone's points are valid. I would like to add my opinion.

It is my opinion that one should clearly and honestly evaluate their motives for volunteering. Now, I have no problem with being honest and my "friend" count corroborates this fact. When I first thought about relocating to another country with absolutely no connections, I considered doing a mission trip. There are 2 things wrong with this. 1st, my MOTIVE. I was not volunteering because I had a desire to help others, I had a desire to help MYSELF and USE this trip as an OPPORTUNITY to get where I wanted, make connections, and stay. As I previously stated, you need to know your motive. Because I am so honest, I am my own worst TOUGH love and I had no time for KARMA in a foreign country, so that quickly went out the window. 2nd, the COST is absolutely ridiculous. Trips were averaging $2,000 minimum for a week. I do not know how many of you are familiar with taxation, I am a certified Tax Professional and have some years under my belt. Although the majority of my clients are working professionals, I have processed a few small business returns. You have to understand "mission trips" are a scheme. Disclaimer: MOST advertised mission trips are a scheme. There is a deduction and tax credit that these "companies" can claim each year to either omit the income received thus making it "tax free" or provide a huge reduction necessary to keep them from owing the IRS. I don't care if they are a 501(c), LLC, SP, etc. It is all about numbers at the end of the day. (Remember, numbers don't lie, people do) You will not believe what you can write off by performing "charitable" actions: from airline tickets to the food purchased at Supermercado Jose Luis. (Both the Company AND the Volunteer) Thus in turn, these "non-profit" organizations PROFIT all the money. Remember, there is a Non-Profit for Profit category that most of these organizations are labeled as on paper.
I will not attempt to discuss the group T-Shirts and pictures of the dirtiest kids with a foreign background posted on social media websites and the company site as well.
The point of my spill is simply: KNOW why you are volunteering and do just that VOLUNTEER. Do not advertise, write it off, meet a service requirement, get a free pass in a country, get in the way, or try to earn cool points.

Sincerely,
The First Black Expat of my Entire Generation

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
For the record Drescape I clicked dislike by accident. Zlj most people who have a clue how the world works see through these bs missions and NGOs. All someone needs to do is work with one and they will see for themselves what a load of self serving thievery they are. Bunch of dope smoking dirtbags with a holier than thou attitude.

I like the sound of kumbaya it would tell folks where to send mortars.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Atomicphil" you are either suffering from "White Guilt", or "Black Excusism".
But NOT from "Reality"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

THe "POOR" like their "Free Cheese", but the "NGOers" LOVE their French wines, caviar, lobster, and "Pate" lunches and 5* hotel stays,even MORE!!!!!!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
"Atomicphil" you are either suffering from "White Guilt", or "Black Excusism".
But NOT from "Reality"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

THe "POOR" like their "Free Cheese", but the "NGOers" LOVE their French wines, caviar, lobster, and "Pate" lunches and 5* hotel stays,even MORE!!!!!!
CC, would you care to take the time to explain Black Excusism? it is a condition you refer to repetitiously, so please elucidate.

jaiallen

Jul 9, 2010
CC, would you care to take the time to explain Black Excusism? it is a condition you refer to repetitiously, so please elucidate.

What you're going to get is a collection of disproved stereotypes, myths and colloquialisms and little logic.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What you're going to get is a collection of disproved stereotypes, myths and colloquialisms and little logic.

Kind of like all the whites rule the world and all the money myth and the international Jewish conspiracy myth. Race is a forbidden topic on this forum , although some are given more leeway than others on what is allowed to be said.
Obama: There's no longer time for excuses for black men

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Many Blacks blame their "Lot In Life" on everyone but themselves!

My "Explaination" would have to be in the "Off Topic Forum" we can't discuss "Race Issues" here.
OR, read Bob's link!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Which you WON'T, simply because it doesn't FIT your AGENDA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.