The real truth about rentals in Sosua

NachoBroadway

Jan 3, 2017
Traveled to Sosua on Saturday for the first time to visit a friend in town. I left so fast and wanted to take a bath in holy water on the way home. More prostitutes than tourists. Even minors. Hell on Earth.

• Wow
Reactions: windeguy

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It does feel like a market correction is in on the horizon. Buying now might be at the peak of the market.
But not just in DR. The inflation cycle is due a reset soon.
With so many new units having come on the rental market the past few years it seems some landlords could struggle to stay filled.
Especially if disposable income starts shrinking.
I overheard one loud talker talking about how he gets $1,200 per night on Air BnB for his 3 bedroom villa. When he told the guilible person on the seat next to him he was pocketing over $20K tax free per month and his villa was always full I wanted to cough out 'bullshit' like in the court scene in the movie 'Animal House'.

$1,200 a night in high season in Sea Horse Ranch per night - yes possible, maybe even more for a huge villa. I guess Hispanola might get that for some nicer places.
In Batey this seems highly dubious but some people might be raking it in.
My neighbor rents a brand new 4 bedroom villa, with pool and ocean view for $400/night. You need a car or taxi as it's too far to walk. I've seen it rented 4 times in the last year. For maybe a week at a time. The rest of the time it's empty with his guard dogs locked in the yard or occasionally he has his relatives from Santiago stay there.
It doesn't seem hugley profitable to me ?

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
He will be loosing more if the money is in the bank

JJ
The rental game is a bitch. People destroy your place. Every time you move in a new renter you spend more than the deposit to fix it up. People don't pay. Problematic tenants are hard to get rid of here. I would never put my own place up on Airbnb. God knows what is showing up.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The rental game is a bitch. People destroy your place. Every time you move in a new renter you spend more than the deposit to fix it up. People don't pay. Problematic tenants are hard to get rid of here. I would never put my own place up on Airbnb. God knows what is showing up.

Yes that's true, but if you can afford to buy cash something not too expensive for your own and probably make some money when you are not using it's a good investment.
We bought that one bedroom apartment at the end of last year, it rent right away for three months... it have been unoccupied over a month now but it doesn't worries me because we don't have a payment at the end of the month other than services.
That money we invested would be 1/3 worth today with the current inflation.

JJ

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Yes that's true, but if you can afford to buy cash something not too expensive for your own and probably make some money when you are not using it's a good investment.
We bought that one bedroom apartment at the end of last year, it rent right away for three months... it have been unoccupied over a month now but it doesn't worries me because we don't have a payment at the end of the month other than services.
That money we invested would be 1/3 worth today with the current inflation.

JJ
The point was you watch the comedy clip. :confused: i wasn't looking for a pitch

• Haha
Reactions: Tamborista