The really good things about Dominican Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
I love Christmas and to a lesser degree New Years Eve in the countryside, when family members who work in the city or towns all come home (and maybe a family member from overseas come home also). The preparation and camadrie is memorable, from the parents coming home with the ground provisions from thir own farm, the sons gutting and setting up the meat, the daughters cooking on the mud stove on the outside. This is the R.D that I have come to loved.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
i am not so sure. year before last, i had a great piece, and loved it. last year, it made me and my buddy puke for 2 days. we will not be tempting fate this year, or any year, for that matter.

I wonder if maybe it was a diseased hog that was slaughtered.:classic: You never know, I don't blame you.:classic: (I'm smiling it's all positive!):classic:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i love the fact that every time some dreamy eyed chipesque gringo starts a thread about how great DR is he hardly ever gets more than 10 on topic responses.
:devious::devious::devious::devious::devious::devious::devious::devious::devious::devious:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I wonder if maybe it was a diseased hog that was slaughtered.:classic: You never know, I don't blame you.:classic: (I'm smiling it's all positive!):classic:

i have no idea..with my luck, it might have been the only bad pig in the country. but, with my luck, i will get this year's bad one..
i'll pass.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
i love the fact that every time some dreamy eyed chipesque gringo starts a thread about how great DR is he hardly ever gets more than 10 on topic responses.
:devious::devious::devious::devious::devious::devious::devious::devious::devious::devious:
Off topic responses is the DR1 norm :)

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Put that one experience to one side and come up with something positive, if you can.

The Gorgon doesn't see the good in his neighbor and that the reason why he parks there is because he wants the Gorgon to be able to climb down through his truck if there was a bad fire

Gorgon, the guy is only looking out for you, but it is gonna take the actual fire for you to see the good in him. Lol

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The Gorgon doesn't see the good in his neighbor and that the reason why he parks there is because he wants the Gorgon to be able to climb down through his truck if there was a bad .

Gorgon, the guy is only looking out for you, but it is gonna take the actual fire for you to see the good in him. Lol

a fire escape!! why am i so slow on the uptake?

Kantana

Mar 25, 2012
Dancing bachata loosely and carefree with a pretty Dominicana when I am drunk with the exquisite el President surely warms my heart and gives me a big smile:D:D:D:D

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Good things about the D.R.

-No snipers, carbombs or suicide bombers.
-Crazy people who had an unfortunate childhood don`t think they are entitled to go to a public place and kill lots of people.
-If your kid is being bullied, the teachers, principal and sometimes even the bully`s parents will make it stop.
- If you are sick or in trouble, people will help you, even if you didn`t ask for help.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Good things about the D.R.

-No snipers, carbombs or suicide bombers.
-Crazy people who had an unfortunate childhood don`t think they are entitled to go to a public place and kill lots of people.
-If your kid is being bullied, the teachers, principal and sometimes even the bully`s parents will make it stop.
- If you are sick or in trouble, people will help you, even if you didn`t ask for help.

you forgot that there are no people here who believe they had an unfortunate childhood because they were not the guy who took the prom queen to the prom.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
No PC bullshtt. People work and dont expect handouts except women from dumb gringos LOL I like the food sharing part. People send over food whether or not you ask. They wont eat any American food tho lol .. A kid will paint a wall for a few bucks and earn his money

Kantana

Mar 25, 2012
Why does all my contributions have to be reviewed by a moderator? This makes no sense!! What is really going on here?:mad:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The maid who took all my laundry home with her, washed it, fixed my broken buttons with new ones, and refused any type of propina.. All was folded and starched and like new...

You forgot to mention the fact that you had your way with her 22 year old daughter, a MED student @ PUCMM & Mensa member!

Status
Not open for further replies.