The Three Musketeers vs. Corruption

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Several articles have been written in the national press recently highlighting the
new administration's push to go after corrupt officials. In my opinion (after almost
9 years of living here full-time) there's no team more capable of getting the job done
than these three folks.
Judge Miriam Germán Brito, Attorney Wilson Camacho, and Deputy Attorney General Yeni Berenice Reinoso
who are now the main people in charge of the Public Ministry for the prosecution of corruption.
To those of you who've been living down here for more than one Presidency...
Do you think we will actually see anyone arrested, prosecuted and sent to prison under
this new administration or will it be more of the same old nonsense?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
"Those who live in glass houses...."

I think there will be significant resistance to throwing that first but all important stone.

Reactions: CristoRey

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
After watching how they went after the Odebrecht bribery suspects......no, I don't think that any high ranking officials will go to jail. They might throw a few lower functionaries under the bus, but even that is not guaranteed.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Several articles have been written in the national press recently highlighting the
new administration's push to go after corrupt officials. In my opinion (after almost
9 years of living here full-time) there's no team more capable of getting the job done
than these three folks.
Judge Miriam Germán Brito, Attorney Wilson Camacho, and Deputy Attorney General Yeni Berenice Reinoso
who are now the main people in charge of the Public Ministry for the prosecution of corruption.
Do you think we will actually see anyone arrested, prosecuted and sent to prison under
Arrested? Definitely. Prosecuted? Very Possible. Sent to prison? One can only wish.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
than these three folks.
and don't forget seize their assets. Wishful thinking but if the assets of all corrupted people were seized then the new government would not have budgets problems for future public projects.........

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Too many skeleton in too many closets I suspect. Let a few out and they will point out a few more and so on. Probably not a popular prospect in the halls of officialdom. Without an independent judiciary it's a pointless exercise. Make the courts, judges and prosecutors independent and then you might see some progress on corruption. Otherwise, it's just more big talk and little action.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Too many skeleton in too many closets I suspect. Let a few out and they will point out a few more and so on. Probably not a popular prospect in the halls of officialdom. Without an independent judiciary it's a pointless exercise. Make the courts, judges and prosecutors independent and then you might see some progress on corruption. Otherwise, it's just more big talk and little action.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I read in the
news earlier this year that the top 5 judges in this country
were all PLD loyalist appointed by the Medina administration?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

This from yesterdays DT:
Apparently, the Anticorruption Office (Pepca) has found enough evidence to proceed in court against former govt. officials who have committed acts contrary to the law.

The evidence is not only the messages that the deputy prosecutors and senior officials of the Attorney General’s Office have shared through Twitter, but also the investigation procedures and search requests that have been prepared.

According to Diario Libre, up to now almost 100 requests for property searches are being prepared.

Similarly, the National District investigating courts and other jurisdictions have been required authorizations to carry out investigation procedures.

Ever since Miriam Germán was appointed Attorney General; Yeni Berenice Reynoso as Persecution director and Wilson Camacho as Pepca director, the Justice Ministry has announced that they’re “going with everything and for everybody.”

It will be interesting to see how these three bulldogs go after these folks.