uncorkum

Jan 21, 2007
Hispaniola Beach offers beautiful beach-front condos, currently at good prices,
but be aware that it is one big construction site !! So if you can tolerate
construction workers hollering at each other, constant banging on the walls
next door, tile-cutting and other assorted loud noises, then its a wonderful
place to stay.

Aug 21, 2007
Hispaniola Beach condos are selling for the same price as other newly built, higher end condos on the North Coast. I have looked and priced them all. They offer amenities and services not typically included with the lower priced properties. You get what you pay for.

The OP is absolutely right about the noise. It is disturbing right now. Not only is the noise coming from the Hispaniola development, it also comes from the other side of Infiniti Blu where other higher end units are being constructed. I guess that is why Hispaniola condos are still selling at pre-construction prices- due to the ongoing noise and construction mess.

Unfortunately, the mess and the noise are inconveniences we must tolerate in order for them to complete the project. (I do not live in Hispaniola.)

Other condos in Sosua may not have the construction noise, but perhaps they do have loud music at times, the sound of racing motor conchos, and partying.

If there is a perfect place in the world, I have yet to find it. But the OP's comments are well taken. Anyone coming to the area hoping to rent a place with peace, quiet and tranquility, for now ought not to stay at Hispaniola.

Lindsey

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Noise is a constant problem here. Often one is seduced by a house or condo but plenty of thought should be put into whether the noise level is tolerable. A place should be checked out at night to see what the noise level is at that time. We ended up enough away from the center of Sosua so that it is quiet but close enough to get where we want quickly.