The truth about the real estate in the DR

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
Crap, I can take 20 concrete blocks, some Gorilla glue and apiece of plywood and build a "structurally sound dog house," What has this to do with building a proper house with electricity, plumbing, possibly A/C etc?

I have stayed in some of the newer hotels and witnessed pipes to the shower that go from 3/4" to 1/2" to 1/4" and back to 3/4. They say the water pressure should be great because they have 3/4" pipe when I complained about the dribble they called a shower

I gave up building my house not only because customs was killing me trying to bring in my own "proper" material, and no matter what my General Contractor demanded he could not get workmen to perform to "US" standards

now you make me scared to build my own villa there

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
now you make me scared to build my own villa there

Aw, don't let them scare you. Just be smart. I built a nice place here over 10 years ago, well before all of the fancy stuff you can get here and upgraded building capabilities. It's gorgeous. But you need to be there, watch and correct when needed.

DR1ers are notorious for scaring people but I think they do it because they want to help remove the blinders we all get when we move to Paradise. Use it as a lesson...

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
Aw, don't let them scare you. Just be smart. I built a nice place here over 10 years ago, well before all of the fancy stuff you can get here and upgraded building capabilities. It's gorgeous. But you need to be there, watch and correct when needed.

DR1ers are notorious for scaring people but I think they do it because they want to help remove the blinders we all get when we move to Paradise. Use it as a lesson...

that is true. i would be there as a laborer my self and a architect. just as long as i know i really own the property i should be alright

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I feel safer in a house built in the DR than a 5 story brick building in NYC during a 7.0 quake...

not many quakes in NYC. LOL The point being... construction styles and techniques are, and should be, tailored to the location.