The W Cabarete

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
Was it any different when Ocean Dream projects were built?

Taylor

Jan 28, 2005
Probably more than 10 years ago, but if I remember correctly, I don't think the town or trash or the water was very different. They did build a massive beach back then though, so that part is different.

Point is, it is possible for it to be a success. My question is will Corona derail that?

Sep 22, 2009
Probably more than 10 years ago, but if I remember correctly, I don't think the town or trash or the water was very different. They did build a massive beach back then though, so that part is different.

Point is, it is possible for it to be a success. My question is will Corona derail that?
Covid is derailing everything. Are you on Earth?

Taylor

Jan 28, 2005
The Ritz project seems to be moving forward so it's not derailing everything.

asdsrfr

Sep 16, 2015
I've windsurfed/kited in Cabarete for 30+ years and although the water is not super clear I never felt I got sick from it. I assume there is some pollution but is it really worse than beaches near US cities? Is there ever any testing to quantify the pollution?

Reactions: drstock

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
The W site has been inactive since early March maybe February. They did a bunch of earthwork and removed alot of soil. It was mostly course grading and tree removal. The metal sheet barrier screens are well intact.

The Ritz deal has a long way to go. Many tree huggers in the way. The concept is great and will bring more money into the DR as investment.

Do not know the status of the former Gansevort but should do a grand opening this year as a Marriot.

Sep 22, 2009
From where?
Over the years, significant contamination from local rivers, cruise ship dumping and lots of goodies floating down from Puerto Plata. This is not new news. All you have to do is go for a long swim on a calm day. Sad, yes. Probably better with the national emergency closings.

Reactions: CaribeDigital