The W Cabarete

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I was going to guess South side of Montellano.
My guess is the Mississippi solely based on zooming the photo to see across the river. Been to the South side of Montellano and it doesn't look familiar. Who knows?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
My guess is the Mississippi solely based on zooming the photo to see across the river. Been to the South side of Montellano and it doesn't look familiar. Who knows?

That is not in the States. It's Carib or S. America . The stone wall and concrete are not States, and the water is blackish from raw sewage .

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Mountain of garbage accumulated on the shore of the Ozama
HOY_0014038694-1068x709.jpg

The Deputy Director of Civil Defense, Delfín Rodríguez, expects that the waters of the Ozama River will begin to rise tomorrow afternoon as a result of the rains sprayed by the Isaías storm in Monte Plata.

The current would mix the garbage that the inhabitants of the riverside deposit with their own belongings in their homes. Mountains of debris are accumulated all over the shore. Garbage falls into the tributary under its own weight.

Right in the article, the middle of the DR Monte Plata.

Reactions: CaribeDigital

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Putting on the Ritz - Who are they "putting on" ?
It does not make economic sense to open another mega hotel - Build it and they will come ?
Ask Acapulco and Cancun right now - ghost towns

Reactions: Big

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
You posted the BS picture and wrote the words "DOMINICAN REALITY" above it.

It is within a thread where people are discussing pollution in Cabarete Bay.

So you are now denying your intention🤥
Look at the picture posted. This is the issue.
Personal jabs or technicalities just clog the bandwith.

visitante

Jun 5, 2010
The Ritz project seems to be moving forward so it's not derailing everything.
The Ritz-Carlton project is not moving forward, but the problem is not covid-19. The corruption and environmental destruction is being challenged in court.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No idea it was there along with the old 2 or 3 grown over golf holes replete with squatters and shacks.

Much of the farm areas South of the highway is lower, Laguna ish, soft, loamy and mushy wetland.

The stray dog and cat problem in there is also bad.

So a politician was involved with the development of that area what 30+ years ago? Longer?
Politicians plural including Canoa and more recently Sierra. They would sell the right to build in public park wetlands and now we have La Cienaga.
True regarding the stray animal problem.

Attempts to sell the land which had a former 9 hole golf course in Costa Azul have not been successful because there is a barrio with so many people adjacent to it.

As I mentioned, La Cienaga is out of site and out of mind to most people, including the Minister of the Environment, with more, probably many more, than a thousand people including many from Haiti. The Migracion bus used to visit from time to time before the Covidic Period started.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Putting on the Ritz - Who are they "putting on" ?
It does not make economic sense to open another mega hotel - Build it and they will come ?
Ask Acapulco and Cancun right now - ghost towns
The Ritz Carlton Reserve perhaps temporarily suspended despite the good words of a Cousteau descendent deeming it an environmentally sound project, is NOT a mega hotel. Ritz Carlton Reserves are small boutique hotels that would cater to the 1%ers of the world. At a level like the Amanera which most people have never heard of that is also on the north shore of the DR and out of site and out of mind for the 99%.

When will construction restart?

visitante

Jun 5, 2010
The location for the planned W Hotel is not in Cabarete East, but in the center of Cabarete Bay at the old site of Azurro.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The location for the planned W Hotel is not in Cabarete East, but in the center of Cabarete Bay at the old site of Azurro.
My bad, I was referring to the Ritz Carlton Reserve.

Of course the W is where you state on the beach in Cabarete Center. Any recent work done there?