They Cannot Do This, Can They?!?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
PeachezNcream84 said:
I will know in a few mintues. My dad is on the phone with him now.

He did say if Luperon will not let us stay there they will arrange for a hotel in Puerto Plata at the same price....which I was surprised to hear that. So you never know what I might get if I ask...

The squeaky wheel gets the grease....lol

Please let us know what happens - we're all rooting for you. You should NOT have this stress, right before your wedding!

Nov 5, 2004
trina said:
Please let us know what happens - we're all rooting for you. You should NOT have this stress, right before your wedding!

My dad is still on the phone. I let him do the phoning cuz he is better with stuff like this..me being in the state I'm in...I think I would loose it on the phone and not get any results at all. It's been almost a nour he has been on the phone and I don't know what is going on.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek:

Thanks for the support though.

My hair color didn't turn out like I wanted it to, I'm not as tanned as I wanted to be (and my skin is getting really dry now), I haven't started packing, and I didn't go to work today or tomorrow, so I deffinatly don't have a job when I get back. :D

What's that you say? Me? Complain???? NEVER!..I am just trying to stop thinking about the hotel situation....

Oh also...They will not give me or my parents any extra baggae allowence for all the decorations and champagne we are bringing, so it is $7 for every extra kg. My mom was going to bring my dress so I dont have to carry my dress in a cramped up Jeep back and forth between hotels...but we just found out her airline doesn't even allow wedding dresses on board....and there is NO WAY IN HELL I would even consider checking my dress in..with my luck the way it is going they will loose it!

Anways...I'm just gonna keep coming up with other things to worry about besides the hotel thing right now...lol ;)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
PeachezNcream84 said:
They will not give me or my parents any extra baggae allowence for all the decorations and champagne we are bringing, so it is $7 for every extra kg.

That's no surprise. Truthfully, we have never paid extra baggage. Luckily, there's always one compassionate-looking Spanish rep when we go to check in. My husband or I will start explaining in Spanish (so no one else understands) that we are bringing lots of extra clothes and school supplies for the poor. Which is never a lie, his family is poor. They always let us go. Try it! (Well, I realize you may have to speak in English, but a few tears at the airport may just do the trick!)

but we just found out her airline doesn't even allow wedding dresses on board....

WHAT??? What kind of regualtion is that????? How would they even know? I highly doubt they wouldn't let it on board.

Nov 5, 2004
trina said:
That's no surprise. Truthfully, we have never paid extra baggage. Luckily, there's always one compassionate-looking Spanish rep when we go to check in. My husband or I will start explaining in Spanish (so no one else understands) that we are bringing lots of extra clothes and school supplies for the poor. Which is never a lie, his family is poor. They always let us go. Try it! (Well, I realize you may have to speak in English, but a few tears at the airport may just do the trick!)

WHAT??? What kind of regualtion is that????? How would they even know? I highly doubt they wouldn't let it on board.

The tears worked when I was bringing school supplies, but they will do nothing for weddings. You would think a wedding would be classified as important but I guess not.

You can check the dress into the luggage area...but you cannot bring it on as carry on with Air Transat.

So I will have to take it with me when I am travelling by myself....from place to place. Great

Ok..well after an hour all my dad found out was that the managers in Spain couldn't get in touch with the ones in Luperon. Surprise surprise! And that he is now off work, and will do his best to resolve it tomorrow! EXCUSE ME????????????????????????????????? I ARRIVE TOMORROW!!!!!!!

I am about to give up.
Maybe I will just sleep in the hotel lobby as protest. Imagine what a great story that will be..me sitting in the middle of the lobby looking sad and tired with my wedding dress and all my luggage...telling everyone who walks by of my unfortunatly situation, untill it is enough bad publicity that they let us in.

LOL

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
miguel said:
If you can not affort it, borrow some money.
PeachezNcream84 said:
The next cheapest hotel is going to cost me an extra $500 US..dont really have that right now.
If you can't afford $500, maybe you shouldn't be getting married in the first place. I don't mean to sound like a counselor or anything, just my 2 cents. But I wish you the best of luck & congrats!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i still dont understand...

i know its last minute....but i am SURE if one talked to ones credit card company....you could easily switch hotels (i dont think you meantioned if this was a package deal tho). Perhaps you LIKE this place that you want to go to...but arent there other decent places in the same area?????

I worked at hotels here in the US for years....and we were NEVER allowed to stay at the hotel (while working there)....i was allowed to have a drink with my mother and her best friend one time...but hotels here are pretty strict.

If he was part of the animation team....the hotel might actualy be doing you a favor!!! what IF he had any casual relations BEFORE he met you??? would you really want to run into someone that he was "friends" with before? i am not being as jadded as i am sounding...but that is very possible (and doesnt mean he is a bad person).

WIsh you all the best!!! please let us know how this works out!! (i am sure there will be an internet cafe that you can check into while there)

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Do you have to stay in a hotel? You are stressing your self. Just have a normal wedding and stay in a hotel for 1 night. take it easy. Good luck hope all goes well for you.

Nov 5, 2004
Big City...yes i have more then $500 US...but not to just throw away when I already had prefectly good reservations. Weddings can be expensive...and I dont want to spend an extra $500 since the company should be arranging me another hotel at the same price that I already agreed to pay. I have enough money to live off of, but not to spend when I shouldn't have to.

jrzyguy...There are no other resorts within a 45 minute or more drive. The reason we are staying in his town is to be with his family and friends..plus I have a girls night out planned with my local girlfriends before I get married! :p And I dont want to be renting a car to drive in everytime I am going to go meet up with some friends, or spend time with his family. There is no problem with credit card payments. I haven't paid anything yet. Most resorts you don't pay anything untill you are checking out. But I have the room booked and a confirmation number with both of our names on it.

Carlos hasn't worked at the hotel for 3-4 years, and we stayed in the hotel for a week together 5 weeks ago with no problem. We have also stayed in the resort in September and October as guests of my parents, with no problems. Carlos is good friends with most of the staff, as am I...and the tourists all get to know me and Carlos within a few days. If anything he is good for their business. We often take other tourists around to other Dominican attractions, and into town for a tour.

I never pay for the internet there, so I will be on here if I get a spare moment, letting you know what's going on! :)

stallion....Carlos has checked into all the little rooms that can be rented out in the area, as well as other "hotels" in town, and they are allll full right now.

Our wedding is still unaffected, since it is, and has been booked for a hotel in Puerto Plata for a few months. That is our time away from everyone, the one week in the hotel in Puerto Plata. Maybe we will end up in Puerto Plata for the whole trip and just take 3 whole weeks away from everyone. Oh well..I'm not gonna stress anymore....as long as I'm with him...and both our families are coming...all is well.

But I am supposed to be hearing from Best Hotels in Spain tomorrow morning before I leave..I leave the hosue at 11am. Everyone cross your fingers for me for the best!!! THANKSSS!!! ;)

Nov 5, 2004
Little bit after 8am my time...that makes it about 2pm in Spain..no answer yet. We call in...the manager dealing with our situation is out untill 10am our time. I need to leave the house by 11am...cutting it a bit close, huh???
AHHHHHHH
Still not done packing
I'm just buring the CD with our wedding songs. :)

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
I think you should send a hitman to kidnapp the resort manager that is denying your fiance acess to the resort on your honeymoon.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Corporal cod said:
So what happened then were did you stay in the end luperon? How did the wedding go? What a disaster.

Yeah what did happen to her? and how did her wedding go on valentines day?.
I hope she did not freak out at the manager and kill him. Cause she could be in jail by now. Well i hope all went well for her. She has been working hard on wedding.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
PeachezNcream84 said:
The tears worked when I was bringing school supplies, but they will do nothing for weddings. You would think a wedding would be classified as important but I guess not.

You can check the dress into the luggage area...but you cannot bring it on as carry on with Air Transat.

So I will have to take it with me when I am travelling by myself....from place to place. Great

Ok..well after an hour all my dad found out was that the managers in Spain couldn't get in touch with the ones in Luperon. Surprise surprise! And that he is now off work, and will do his best to resolve it tomorrow! EXCUSE ME????????????????????????????????? I ARRIVE TOMORROW!!!!!!!

I am about to give up.
Maybe I will just sleep in the hotel lobby as protest. Imagine what a great story that will be..me sitting in the middle of the lobby looking sad and tired with my wedding dress and all my luggage...telling everyone who walks by of my unfortunatly situation, untill it is enough bad publicity that they let us in.

LOL

Hey peachez I hope Carlos really appreciates all the trouble you are going through.......After reading all that you are going through i came to the conclussion that no marriage is worth all that trouble....mpo.
I really wish you very good luck and a whole life happy lasting marriage.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Mr_DR said:
Hey peachez I hope Carlos really appreciates all the trouble you are going through.......After reading all that you are going through i came to the conclussion that no marriage is worth all that trouble....mpo.
I really wish you very good luck and a whole life happy lasting marriage.

Hey Mr. DR If only CArlos were a DR1 member and knew how to read english. He will have to do lots of reading and realize how much trouble this lady went through to marry him. I am sure he would not have gone through all this trouble. Looks like she loves him more than he does.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Without knowing them personally, how can either of you make these statements? Why are you so interested in psychoanalysing this relationship? These people are young, in love (which is obvious if you look at their photos) and by now, married (with their family's support, I might add). They are going to try to make a life together the best way they can. It is not going to be easy. In fact, it is going to be very challenging. Why make it harder for them? Leave them be.

Corporal cod

Jan 12, 2005
Nelly said:
Without knowing them personally, how can either of you make these statements? Why are you so interested in psychoanalysing this relationship? These people are young, in love (which is obvious if you look at their photos) and by now, married (with their family's support, I might add). They are going to try to make a life together the best way they can. It is not going to be easy. In fact, it is going to be very challenging. Why make it harder for them? Leave them be.

I couldn't agree more with nelly as long as they are happy everyones should keep there nasty comments to there self and let them live there life. However they chose.

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
What???

PeachezNcream84 said:

LOL
I take it you are from canada, I don't know who told you that you can't take your wedding dress on the plane. Everytime i have flown to a tropical destination i fly signature vacations with airtransat flights and I always see brides bringing there dresses on the plane and storing them in the overhead compartments.....So i don't know what would make your situation any different.