Thinking About Flying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Was this you posting or just a ghost? Thought you were through, but you are still all over the board.

I appreciate the invite and I've enjoyed some of the experience but I'll give it **/***** for all the hassle

Time to go back to what's worked for me most of the time and just lurk, now, with the added bonus of liking/disliking/laughing/loving/being shocked/saddened and/or possibly displaying anger....not that I use that much if at all.

I'll post if/when/how and where I like, or not, and use many emoticons, even the ones some don't like me to use, as long as they're an option... LOL
Stay in your lane "SKY pilot". Noone here needs shooting ;)

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Was this you posting or just a ghost? Thought you were through, but you are still all over the board.

I appreciate the invite and I've enjoyed some of the experience but I'll give it **/***** for all the hassle

Time to go back to what's worked for me most of the time and just lurk, now, with the added bonus of liking/disliking/laughing/loving/being shocked/saddened and/or possibly displaying anger....not that I use that much if at all.

I'll post if/when/how and where I like, or not, and use many emoticons, even the ones some don't like me to use, as long as they're an option... LOL
Give the guy a break .. he is trying to get his Meds balanced out ..
Another Booster shot and he should be good

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I had a guy coming from Chicago for 5 days. He phoned this morning and said he wasn't going. After two cancel flts and no sign that he would get one todays he just cancelled.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Hahahaha So that is the big problem? Refusal to take Covid shots by pilots......................Keep dancing to Fox.................
Not just pilots, flight attendants, baggage handlers and counter personnel.
The airlines themselves released statements on the shortages due to the firings.
Has zero to due with Fox. You can put away your dead horse whip.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I have zero sympathies for selfish people who refuse to conform for the greater good. If they want to "retire" or whatever because they're afraid of getting vaccinated that's just fine with me. I would prefer not to put my life in the hands of ignorant people that don't care about others.
Yes like those selfish Jewish people in Europe who hid instead of politely going to the concentration camps?

Since when did swallowing everything governments are pushing become virtuous?

Was it during Pol Pot, Robert Mugabe or Justin Trudeau that convinced you government knows best?

I applaud workers who had the courage to lose their careers over voluntarily taking something they thought harmful. And the 'vaccines' don't even work, don't prevent the spread and actually makes it easier to contract covid after being jabbed.

Greater good my arse.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
People are only imagining the delays and cancellations, they are not real.

What's Causing Flight Delays And Cancellations?​

Pilot Shortages Are The Primary Reason No mention here of vaccine denial problems as mentioned as the SOLE reason......................But keep trying to get that in anyway............

Many delays and cancellations are because of an industry-wide pilot shortage. In addition, the legacy carriers and regional operators don’t have enough staff for various reasons.

As a result, airlines are combining routes or discontinuing services when necessary to offset staffing shortages. This move is similar to the height of the pandemic when carriers reduced to minimal service as travel demand plummeted.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
it's mostly the flights in the usa that get cancelled. international flights not so much.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
AMX flight lounges make the layovers and waiting much more pleasant. Santo Dom has a good one and just napped in the lounge at King Shaka airport.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I have zero sympathies for selfish people who refuse to conform for the greater good. If they want to "retire" or whatever because they're afraid of getting vaccinated that's just fine with me. I would prefer not to put my life in the hands of ignorant people that don't care about others.
Exactly, they are sticking with their principles by giving their employer the middle finger, walking out the back door and applying for their retirement benefits on their way out. The are really making a sacrifice. Forget about them.

There are plenty of up and coming pilots looking for those positions.
By not staffing correctly (across the board) the airlines are leaving money on the table because the demand to put an behind in a seat exceeds the seats that are available. The lost is theirs.
It is not a public right to fly.
It is a service you pay for.
If you don't like the flying conditions.
Don't fly.
Vote with your 💰
And no one can take away those voting rights. 🤪

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Not entirely true. As a former airline employee, I can tell you that one of the issues is when the pandemic started, and airlines weren't/barely flying instead of layoffs they offered early retirement which many took. It had nothing to do with vaccinations at that point. Also, many planes were "housed" for a long period of time. Bringing them back into service is not an overnight process. As for having plenty of "up and coming" pilots, not so correct. The pandemic pushed the timetable back for many "up and coming pilots". The airlines saw this ripple effect coming but unfortunately didn't have many solutions/answers to the situation.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Not entirely true. As a former airline employee, I can tell you that one of the issues is when the pandemic started, and airlines weren't/barely flying instead of layoffs they offered early retirement which many took. It had nothing to do with vaccinations at that point. Also, many planes were "housed" for a long period of time. Bringing them back into service is not an overnight process. As for having plenty of "up and coming" pilots, not so correct. The pandemic pushed the timetable back for many "up and coming pilots". The airlines saw this ripple effect coming but unfortunately didn't have many solutions/answers to the situation.
@keepcoming The airlines should and could have seen it coming. They should and could have reacted better, faster, and in a more enlightened way, but they chose not to. No sympathy for them at all, either. They're their own worst enemies ;)

People/staff SHOULD stand up for what they believe in. I'm all in favour of that. I'm also in favour of, to paraphrase Spike Lee, "doing the right thing!" which in this case was to get vaxxed to keep your job, to also help minimize the spread of Covid, and to not put coworkers and customers at needless risk. Those that disagree could and did what they felt they needed, but there is no need to make them out as heroes or martyrs for their, selfish IMNSHO, beliefs. The same applies to all those who found that they could not easily travel or go to concerts, etc... They are/were a small, teeny-tiny, minority, although very vocal, whose opinions in perspective against the vast majority who did comply mean little. Majority rules and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.