Thinking of buying a car. Need solid advise .

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Okay guys, back on topic. Don’t make me use my wooden spoon.

View attachment 3563
Should be a chancleta for the DR

download.jpg

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
If anybody has a bad report on him - I have never seen or heard it.....
I have bought two cars with Mike's help. The first is still excellent after a couple of years. The second, not so much. However, I'll still probably use his services in the future, just check more carefully myself after he finds the car, which to me is the best part of his service.

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
All I know after reading this thread is that there are some here that I would never want to have to trust or count on, and others that I'd be happy to call friend.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
What makes you say insurance is probably worthless?
..If you have a accident with another car.. and both drivers claim the other is at fault, most of the time both insurance companies pay nothing.. thats from having that happen to me..then what do you do call the police(joke).. maybe get a Dominican attorney or take said insurance companies to court(bigger joke}..anyway uber is many times the way to go.. and if you drive here its not if you will have a accident, but when........Doc....

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
..If you have a accident with another car.. and both drivers claim the other is at fault, most of the time both insurance companies pay nothing.. thats from having that happen to me..then what do you do call the police(joke).. maybe get a Dominican attorney or take said insurance companies to court(bigger joke}..anyway uber is many times the way to go.. and if you drive here its not if you will have a accident, but when........Doc....
Are you talking about Full Insurance or Ley? Ley covers any injuries in an accident. Basically takes you off the hook if you have a good lawyer. Of course Full does also. But Full also has collision. Whether they pay, and the high deductible, makes Full a ripoff.

Not to mention paying like 2 or 3 thousand US as opposed to about $150 US or less.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I have bought two cars with Mike's help. The first is still excellent after a couple of years. The second, not so much. However, I'll still probably use his services in the future, just check more carefully myself after he finds the car, which to me is the best part of his service.
...Mike you can trust on a car purchase....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They should then do the same with ALL informal businesses they might use here... Not sure who that benefits...

Regarding The Gorgon, we purchased our first vehicle here a few years ago with the help of a friend, but if we ever need another vehicle, we'll definitely go talk with Mike based on all the good stuff people say about him here...
He is doing a good "job".

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

I don't and won't drive unless it's a dire emergency and a car is available (very low probability). I'm wondering though if as a pedestrian I'm hit by a car or moto, it is my fault also, regardless of where I am on the sidewalk?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't and won't drive unless it's a dire emergency and a car is available (very low probability). I'm wondering though if as a pedestrian I'm hit by a car or moto, it is my fault also, regardless of where I am on the sidewalk?
I hope I don't get old enough to feel that way.

Yes, it will be your fault if you get hit no matter where, when, or by whom.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Audiophile, as I understand. Never understood that. Such perfectionism is not healthy.

But as long as he does a good "job" at finding cars and people are happy to "pay" for those services, all is good.
Apply that to his car selection ......
then you might understand.....

Reactions: Michael DR

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I hope I don't get old enough to feel that way.

Yes, it will be your fault if you get hit no matter where, when, or by whom.
How about this: a friend of mine was a PASSENGER on a moto-concho in Las Terrenas which collided with a bunch or parked motos. My friend was locked up because he (an Irish lawyer) refused to pay for the damage to the parked bikes. Finally, after a couple of days, the police gave up and let him go.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
How about this: a friend of mine was a PASSENGER on a moto-concho in Las Terrenas which collided with a bunch or parked motos. My friend was locked up because he (an Irish lawyer) refused to pay for the damage to the parked bikes. Finally, after a couple of days, the police gave up and let him go.
They obviously knew of the reputation of the Irish......trouble makers ;)