Thinking of moving to the Dominican Republic

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Hug, I so can relate to that. I want to do the right thing and do not want to f up any opportunity but the whole thing could turn out to be a wast.
The part that has me scared the part about proving soverince and the other part about penchenieers needing 2000 a mounth.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
And, you have to renew every 2 or 4 years, at some cost. Some have posted here how easy it is to do in Santo Domingo. But, there is still some cost involved. And, not so easy if you don't speak Spanish to do it on your own.

People tend to leave out of the story that you have to renew until the residency becomes permanent. It is not like you just apply one time, get residency, and then you are done. It takes some years. And, renewal fees.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
My first instincts are always to say NOOOOOO when someone says that they are coming here and going to find work but then one never really knows the resources that the OP has behind him.. So, that said, if you have enough to actually support yourself here for a year, say $36US, then the only way that you will figure out if the place suits you is by coming here and trying it.

Who knows how your girl friend will like it---or if you would ever qualify for legal papers... but if you are adventurous enough for Africa, certainly you are adventurous for here.