Thirteen murders in one night

Status
Not open for further replies.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Extinct is sounding better and better..

Compromise gentlemen, compromise. Does anyone have everything they want, just how they want it, no, it is impossible. We all have to have the ability to adapt to some extent or we would have become extinct a long time ago.

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
PS. hmm..... I did read Lobo's post!

In your mind the US may be the most powerful country in the world ......... now cast foreword ????

Forbes (publication by the most powerful US magazine :classic:) the most powerful man in the world- Vladimir Putin:
The World's Most Powerful People 2013 - Forbes

PS. I agree with you, Murder and Crime indeed are bad news....would be nice if we could make it so for those involved!

Ok! Putin, maybe! But, not RUSSIA! And the choice of time, is not a FAIT ACCOMPLI! Other magasines might come up with a different OUTCOME!

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Indeed! You nailed it. What makes these people pop out children if they dont even have food for themselves. No child desirves to be born in poverty

In many cases, they "pop them out" because having children is the only chance to be looked after when they are older and no longer attractive. I have been told this by a young mother of two.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
In many cases, they "pop them out" because having children is the only chance to be looked after when they are older and no longer attractive. I have been told this by a young mother of two.
So true.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
well, also the fact of feeling loved is difficult to do as a teenage girl without getting pregnant. And add to this the next feeling of "i will love my baby" rather than a termination which is frowned upon my many societies and Peers.

Yep, who said Penicillin was such a great discovery?

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006

They "pop them out?" Did your mother "pop you out?" :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
They "pop them out?" Did your mother "pop you out?" :)

oh, c'mon, stop acting like it's some sort of a feat only a chosen one can perform. my mother popped me out. and to this day she'd say there was nothing magical about it.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
oh, c'mon, stop acting like it's some sort of a feat only a chosen one can perform. my mother popped me out. and to this day she'd say there was nothing magical about it.

I wish I could've given you more likes on this one. :))))))))

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
my mother is very down to earth when it comes to maternity issues.

Yeah she's no different than any other mother. Even though you curse a lot, I wouldn't say,"your mother popped you out." I have respect for you and your mother. That has so many negative connotations, however, the authors wouldn't admit that.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Most "Ghetto" punks, become "Punks" because they grow up in a HOUSE, It's NOT a HOME, where there is no father around.
His "Family" become the "Gang Bangers", "Drug Dealers" and "General Scum Baggers" he hangs with on the corner until 4 am.
If I wanted to get a girl pregnant, then leave the mother and child BOTH, I could be just like "BMj".( The New KING of "Fast Food"!
I don't, and I didn't!
If one can actually read the Dominican news papers, watch TV, and listen to the radio,IN SPANISH, after 26 years you might have a better understanding, than a guy who abandons his child in the DR after 7 months!
He must be a "Quick Study", learned EVERYTHING about the DR culture,language, history,society,opinions,and MORE in a very short time!
I have been TRYING to do just THAT for 26 years, and I still don't know "EVERYTHING"!
I'll "PM" "BM", next time I need to know how Dominicans feel about, ANYTHING.
Way Up There in Chicago, that is!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
OR, I could ask one of the 25 to 30 family members who are starting to arrive for our weekly,"Wed, Night Family Dinners".
"Naah", they all Dominicans, what the hell would THEY Know??????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CC there are DOMINICANS in the city of Chicago not as many as NYC or Jersey but enough. I have friends that run a salon called " Santo Domingo" on the northside of Chicago. One of my best friends on the planet is Dominican and I have known him and his family almost 30 yrs. DUDE what the hell are you talking about. You think CC has a monopoly with everything Dominican???

CC you know ONE SIDE of Dominicans the "poor" ones and you LOVE THAT!!! All Dominicans are not broke and poor, most of the ones I know and interact with here in Chicago work a job or TWO jobs.

I GREW UP in a Puerto Rican neighborhood and have spent over a BILLION hours in Ponce PR and San Juan PR. Where you have a large area of Puerto Ricans you will also will have Dominicans not far behind. You know so much about everything but you don't know this??? I find that EASILY to believe because you are not Dominican, Puerto Rican, Mexican, AA etc. You are a FARM BOY from central Illinois that DATED OR MARRIED your way understanding MY culture not Dominican but MINE!!!

Your problem CC like many others think being Dominican, African American, or Puerto Rican is "learned behavior" you can speak as much Spanish as you want, marry a 100 Dominican women, sleep in the same bed as Medina, read a Dominican newspaper while watching the Dominican news, inject Brugal into your veins, play Monkey Black in your car, change your last name to "Sosa", get a tattoo of the Dominican flag on your arm etc. and all of this will make you know Dominican then Fred Flintstone neighbor Barney Rubble.

You received a A+ in Dominican 101 and I received an F, not because you study harder, but only because I NEVER showed up to class.

You may have lived in Boston, Santo Domingo, Bangkok or any place I may have forgot, but the core of CC will always be that boy dropped off at the "schoolhouse" on a TRACTOR after you completed your morning chores. I do not blame you for leaving that world if my best friend was a "Wilbur" the pig from the great story of "Charlotte's Web" I to may have ended up in SD.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
You just don't get it do you. Wait maybe no murders that night but there will be some. Owner of La Panderia shot in front of business, Owner of Chinese restaurant on Sarasota stabbed in kitchen. Girl in Bella Vista killed for her cell phone.
Yes, but not 13 people in one night. I just don't like that kind of statistics where they say that 13 people were killed during one night in SD, but they don't say that all murders were in the ghettos. That's it.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I am an expert with Edy's Grand Ice Cream(for the west coast Dreyers Grand Ice Cream), Haagen Dazs Ice Cream, Nestle Frozen Snacks, California Pizza Kitchen, Tombstone, Jacks Pizza, Digiorno Pizza. I am beyond an expert on these things from A to Z because I am PAID to be one.

How can one be an expert on life in DR when everyone has a different path while in DR. I NEVER claimed to be and expert on DR, but PLEASE do not tell me ANY man or woman does not have an idea on a country the size of New Jersey.

The Dominican Republic is NOT China, Mexico, Brazil, India etc. it is a very SMALL country once you leave the Carribean region.

A male economic background is a factor why a man chooses a lifestyle of crime but it is NOT a "cause and effect" scenario. Just because a boy grew up hungry does not mean he will turn into a killer, most poor people are not a criminals.

BTW A man walked into a Colorado movie and decided to shoot and kill people NOT because he was broke and hungry, he killed people because this is what he wanted to do.

You can't paint every killer with the same brush, nobody knows why people kill people and if you think you do, you may also believe you are a better actor then "Fred Flintstone"

Just as you have no control over what you say, everyone reading it can see it is wrong and stupid, only you seem unable to. You are a great example of mental illness, if you could help yourself, you would, but you don't see what your momma sees, a silly boy in a mans body, and what mother ever wants her kids to grow up, success, even left the wife for her!

When you try to be intelligent, you fail, and show your barrio gutter level education level, you ain't clever enough to think your way into tomorrow, so please allow time to pass and you'll get there.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Yes, but not 13 people in one night. I just don't like that kind of statistics where they say that 13 people were killed during one night in SD, but they don't say that all murders were in the ghettos. That's it.

There were probably more than that, they just did not make the news yet. But really 13, kind of a slow night in New Orleans, Chicago, East Gary, and probably more. As Mike would say pop another greenie and chill.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Just as you have no control over what you say, everyone reading it can see it is wrong and stupid, only you seem unable to. You are a great example of mental illness, if you could help yourself, you would, but you don't see what your momma sees, a silly boy in a mans body, and what mother ever wants her kids to grow up, success, even left the wife for her!

When you try to be intelligent, you fail, and show your barrio gutter level education level, you ain't clever enough to think your way into tomorrow, so please allow time to pass and you'll get there.

Tell me smart what upside will I get by showing DR1 members I am intelligent??? Please share with me how showing a bunch of people living in DR that I am "smart" bring down the cost of living in Chicago???

I do not use DR1 as a vehicle for social acceptance, nor do I use it as a bar to meet and make friends.

You know why I do not know as much about Dominicans as some poster claim to??? Real easy I AM NOT DOMINICAN!!! I am African American and Boricua BABY!!! I can tell you about:

Willie Rosario and Marvin Gaye
Jackie Robinson and Roberto Clemente
Daddy Yankee and Nas
Salsa and R&B
mofongo and dressing aka stuffing

Loving and owning who I am is very special to me. Did you know when I was 8 yrs old in the mid 80's I walked down to "Paseo Boricua" to hangout and by a hotdog and fries, and last week at the age of 37 I bought that same hotdog and fries on" PB" Why fix something that is not broken LOL!!!

Do you know how many people that will never have the chance to move abroad?? It may not have worked out for me in DR, but the EFFORT was there. I can look myself in the mirror and sleep very well and night because no matter what I tried to live in Santo Domingo. Some people may say I failed, but in my eyes I succeeded because I TRIED, and NOT one Dominican that I know in DR had a issue with me leaving, because they KNOW and understand life in DR way better then any DR1 poster.

Now for you mouth. I grew up in a very dangerous place and spent many summers in a very dangerous place Chicago IL and Puerto Rico. Do you know why I do not type the sort of insults some of you posters do??? I know better I knew women and men KILLED just because they ran their mouth or talk too much so I am trained not to let my mouth get me in trouble. A man could put himself in a great deal of danger just by words. I am in no way telling you what to say and not to say to people, but I would like to add try not to say some of the things you say over the internet, because one day you may eat some "spinach" and forget you are not on the net and say the wrong thing to the wrong person.

You see I would never type something that I would not say if you and I was sitting at a Starbuck's, but some of you have master this skill typing words you wouldn't dare say to a person while looking into their eyes.

You are "smart" right?? So let me ask you, what do you think would happen to a man if he walked up to another man and state" YOU ARE A TERRIBLE FATHER" in any major hub like NYC, LA, New Orleans, Oakland, Philly, Jersey, etc. Does this happen in real life or only in "cyber world" the world you feel most at home in by your "macho" key strokes

BTW Don't believe me??? Okay go do a test run in DR that is where you are right now. Go tell a Dominican that he SUCKS at being a father, then tell me all about it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.