Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
“Football is life !“
Vamos OyM Fútbol !!!🇩🇴🇩🇴🇩🇴

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
The football with strange costumes and helmets and the football just requiring just one round ball and can be played easily anywhere.

Reactions: PCMike

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What is the proper name for the "other" football?
I would never call what you refer to as "the other football" American football. It is simply football.

Only someone who watches soccer from a foreign land to the USA might use that term.
I am not one to watch either. I have less than zero interest in either.
Soccer is like watching the grass grow while people run back and forth. and back and forth and back and forth...
What you refer to as American Football is watching people deliberately try to maim each other and then complain about
brain injuries. Both are silly games. Yet for some reason popular.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
I find it amusing, and pathetic at the same time, that some need to, try and, impose their narrow and limited view on the rest of us.

Like not using the metric system, or insisting that football must be called another name since they have their own regional/seasonal game and stole the name from (one of it not) the most popular sports in the World! LOL

P.S. Canadian football is far superior to the 'Merican version! :p :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
What is the proper name for the "other" football?
Who cares LOL

It's such a nothing in the grand scheme of things except for the views of those in just one or 2 countries.

Football (Soccer) in some form or another goes back more than 2000 years and in a more modern version to the1800s in England ;)

Other sports also calling themselves Football are a fart in the wind in comparison.

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I find it amusing, and pathetic at the same time, that some need to, try and, impose their narrow and limited view on the rest of us.

Like not using the metric system, or insisting that football must be called another name since they have their own regional/seasonal game and stole the name from (one of it not) the most popular sports in the World! LOL

P.S. Canadian football is far superior to the 'Merican version! :p :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Agreed ‼️

I was on a work trip during the Superbowl one year. I was listening to the BBC broadcast. And the sports came on. The very last story of the sports broadcast they said that the The American Football championship game had been played. 🏈 And announced name of the teams and score. No fanfare. No follow up. It was a real wake up call. 👀

In the 🇩🇴 futbol americana 🏈 can be viewed in many sports bars and I have viewed the Superbowl in two different locations while I have been here. But I can go into any sports bar in the country and they will have baseball ⚾ and fútbol ⚽ showing.

Fútbol does not translate well to TV. I have been to World Cup games and they were some of the most exciting sporting events I have ever attended. Most of the real action happens away from the ball. A lot like American Football. When you see the winger get loose and the player with the ball spots him and kicks it to a spot on the field where he knows his teammate is going to be. And then you wait to see if he will be able to get there and if the defense react in time. He does and he still needs to beat the keeper. He does. And GOOOOOOOOOAL. There is nothing like it. There is not a ton of scoring. So goals are special and something to behold when they happen.

In my opinion, there is no reason to rundown anyone's favorite sport. I happen to favor the one where you go hard in the paint, while taking the rock straight to hoop and finishing strong despite contact. AND1‼️

Status
Not open for further replies.