This is what your next holiday abroad might look like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Airports are not designed for bogus social distancing. Any gate area that has something close to a fully sold airliner will have people sitting and standing next to each other. Contact tracing app LOL, screw that.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Airports are not designed for bogus social distancing. Any gate area that has something close to a fully sold airliner will have people sitting and standing next to each other. Contact tracing app LOL, screw that.

I am registered on an App of the Danish foreign office and I am registered as a resident of the DR and that I am staying here. I could have changed that to I wanted to go to my home country where I am a citizen and then they would know. In the early days of the national emergency they sent info about a flight with Finnair and another with Lufthansa where they where cooperating with them. Later on I know of some who left guided by the foreign office and they left via the US. I have not received more info from them. They have had this App some years now and before it was a list you registered with on their website. I don’t think its a big deal or an inconvenience letting your country know where you are.

Reactions: PCMike

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

I'm wondering how much of that crap is CYA. If someone gets sick with the Kung Flu, there would of course be 2300 lawyers in line wanting to sue. If the hotel or establishment has all these BS rules, then they can claim they did their best to keep the person disease free/

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
I'm wondering how much of that crap is CYA. If someone gets sick with the Kung Flu, there would of course be 2300 lawyers in line wanting to sue. If the hotel or establishment has all these BS rules, then they can claim they did their best to keep the person disease free/
I don't know who made the video but we are talking about all kinds of countries with varying laws.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I realize now a contact tracing App is different from what I was talking about in my last post. Contact tracing is about who you where in contact with. Yeah that is far out there.

Reactions: KyleMackey

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
I realize now a contact tracing App is different from what I was talking about in my last post. Contact tracing is about who you where in contact with. Yeah that is far out there.
Yep John, The USA version is some sort of mandated app that requires people to self identify as positive for CV19 and of course other stuff in the future. It won't happen although the evil Techs and government talk about it.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Very recently before the Iberia flight from Madrid to Gran Canaria could start to close the door and begin to taxi, the passengers were not happy that the airplane was full and social distancing was not possible.

• Wow
Reactions: alexw

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
All part of the new travel reality. How badly to you wish to go somewhere? If it is not going to be enjoyable based on the restrictions for your first destination choice, you may have to pick somewhere different or you can always err on the side of caution and stay home if you are a member of the "yet to be infected" group.

T-shirts will be for sale everywhere - "I went to <insert tourist trap here> and all I got was CV19 and this lousy shirt." When you get home you can immediately give one of those to Grandma if you want. It's the thought that counts apparently.

Reactions: MarJD and Africaida

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
For me my next trip will be to Boca Chica to swim in that tranquil lagoon and have a nice meal at the Puerco Rosado.

If the wifi is strong enough I'll play some poker online to pay for the meal and the gas or to make it a bit more expensive depending on variance and my ability to walk away if things go south that session.

Ibiza? Not anytime thoon for me.

Attachments

• dog-game-over-poker-meme.jpg
    dog-game-over-poker-meme.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 301
Reactions: aarhus

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My good friend just flew from Syracuse, NY to Florida. The flight attendants did not wear masks. Some passengers wore masks.

It was nothing at all like the video. Florida is currently operating almost normally.

Will it eventually be like the video? Who knows, I cannot predict the future.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
My good friend just flew from Syracuse, NY to Florida. The flight attendants did not wear masks. Some passengers wore masks.

It was nothing at all like the video. Florida is currently operating almost normally.

Will it eventually be like the video? Who knows, I cannot predict the future.

I am curious, did they sell every other seats like they announced they would do ?

To be honest, I am not sure it is financial possible to fly half full but I could be wrong.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
For me my next trip will be to Boca Chica to swim in that tranquil lagoon and have a nice meal at the Puerco Rosado.

If the wifi is strong enough I'll play some poker online to pay for the meal and the gas or to make it a bit more expensive depending on variance and my ability to walk away if things go south that session.

Ibiza? Not anytime thoon for me.

Don't rush. The beaches look like shit. Tons of sargassum

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Maybe this could be the new norm for PC and Samana?

I would LOVE THAT !!! Just on a smaller scale though. Where is that picture from ?

I have seen fairly similar set up in Southern Thailand : a smallish wooden platform with large pillows to sit down, perfect to have a drink/food on the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.