This Is Why Nothing Works Right

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
Trainning courses or it is going somewhere else? Mad funny, man! lol

Aug 6, 2006
Dominicans are as good as anyone in the production, marketing and consumption of beer.

There is far more comprehensive public transportation than in most of the US.

A friend of mine moved to Brooksville, Florida. There are precisely two buses a day to Tampa from there. The alternative is to charter a cab for $60.00. My home town is a city of 30,000 about 20 miles from Kansas City, MO. There are just four buses a day. There is NO bus to the MCI Airport, 30 miles away. None at all.

So although the guaguas may be less than comfy, they are handy and there are plenty of them.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
The DR political system and LA are corrupt in a large part due to the Monroe Doctrine.

Please forgive me....but I thought...that the Monroe doctrine..as it relates to Latin America.;;;

was, hands off America's sphere of influence...from European powers

At least that was potus James Monroe's intention.

May be x.o can clear this up..?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Please forgive me....but I thought...that the Monroe doctrine..as it relates to Latin America.;;;

was, hands off America's sphere of influence...from European powers

At least that was potus James Monroe's intention.

May be x.o can clear this up..?

nobody can clear up what Chip said. it is beyond clarification. he knows it, too.

Aug 6, 2006
The Monroe Doctrine was re invoked when Fidel signed a deal with the Soviets after US oil refineries refused to sell him oil. Russia was a European power.

I suppose that this refers to the Civil War after the overthrow of Juan Bosch that was won by the US Army, which then turned the government over to Balaguer. Or perhaps he refers to the US occupation that happened in 1919 when European banks threatened to embargo DR ports to collect money due them borrowed by the RD.

The idea was that the US government had this idea that the DR should be a satrapy of the US as opposed to a satrapy of some European power.

Monroe had a deal with the British which basically stated that the US would get upset if the Latin American countries that had recently declared their freedom from Spain (which was dominated by Napoleon at the time) were reinvaded by the Spanish or the French. Of course, the US had insufficient power during the time of James Monroe to prevent the Canadians from burning down the White House in 1812, so it was pretty much an empty threat when it was declared.

The Brits had their designs on the Mississippi River, but in 1813, the US did manage to defeat them outside of New Orleans and they decided that there were easier places in the world to conquer.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
nobody can clear up what Chip said. it is beyond clarification. he knows it, too.

He is a dominicano...and all dominicanos know..about the Monroe doctrine.
Any way..along the lines of corruption....Dominican corruption is an art form, often necessary for survival .... having said that..the corruputos ....often have, their own sense of principles and morals.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Please forgive me....but I thought...that the Monroe doctrine..as it relates to Latin America was, hands off America's sphere of influence...from European powers.

It depends on which Monroe you're talking about. Maybe he's referring Monroe Ficus from the 1980's sitcom "Too Close for Comfort"-

[video=youtube;L-gw2_SCjtk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-gw2_SCjtk[/video]

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
...or Frank "The Moose" Monroe from the WWF-

[video=youtube;BH4OTxDhKhs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH4OTxDhKhs[/video]

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
I assume that the trainers are relatives of politicos who will earn a huge salary..

Interesting is that the most corrupt politician of Curacao just made a deal in the Dominican Republic to get cheap vegatabes and fruit to Curacao... Maybe he will get some of those millions..

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"XO",....no need for "Publocos" & "GuaGuas" in the USA, people have CARS!!!
Even in "Liberty City"!
Although they may be "Car Jacked" vehicles there!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Aug 6, 2006
Nonetheless, public transportation is better in the DR.
Yes, I know that it is because people have cars.
Public transportation in Miami is not all that bad. You can get almost anywhere on the Metrobus, and they are air conditioned.

North of downtown I am usually the only White guy on the bus. South of downtown, the only non-Latino. But the buses are convenient here. I have a car, but when I go downtown, I take the bus.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I don't get it.
The derision...I mean.
It seems to me that progress is at hand.
And that could only be a good thing.
No?
Farmers are like everybody else aren't they?
They put their pants on one leg at a time.
And they cannot be averse to learning more about their areas of expertise.
Everybody else does it.
Why not them?
Give them half a chance...And look for better food on your table.
Countries need their farmers, after all.
Might as well give them the tools they need to be smart about the work they do.

As far as the corruption goes, well golly gee.
Big shocker.
It has always existed, it exists and it will always exist.
It is as tenacious as the cockroach.
And just about as lovable.

Last edited:

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
the senate passed a loan in dollars?
how does that work now go get the loan????

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Mofo",....EXACTLY!!!!!!

All "LOANS" that the DR gets on the international market are given, and paid back, (If They EVER ARE!!!, MANY are just refinanced later)) in US dollars.
Who wants Dominican pesos???????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Aug 6, 2006
I don't get it.
The derision...I mean.
It seems to me that progress is at hand.
And that could only be a good thing.
No?
Farmers are like everybody else aren't they?
They put their pants on one leg at a time.
And they cannot be averse to learning more about their areas of expertise.
Everybody else does it.
Why not them?
Give them half a chance...And look for better food on your table.
Countries need their farmers, after all.
Might as well give them the tools they need to be smart about the work they do.

As far as the corruption goes, well golly gee.
Big shocker.
It has always existed, it exists and it will always exist.
It is as tenacious as the cockroach.
And just about as lovable.
===============================================================
I have been visiting the DR since 1978, and since then, the highways have improved, people appear to be better fed and less often barefooted. Guaguas have replaced pickup trucks in the hinterlands. I suppose there is a degree of corruption and favoritism, and this seems to be a part of every Latin American country I have visited. But things still get built, some of the money makes its way to the expected source.

It is not like some countries in Africa. There was one situation in Nigeria where money was loaned to build some project, and
thousands of bags of cement were left on a pier, along with some expensive machinery. The government had spent all the money that was intended to transport this stuff to the building site, so it just sat there, where the machinery rusted away, and the cement turned into bags of stone. And the pier was rendered useless because of all the stuff left there.