Those Mangoes!

eldorada

Mar 9, 2005
I had posted a question asking about the export of dominican produce and now lo and behold someone is exporting 5 tons of manogos per shipment! Wow!
I need to know if I need an export licence, because I do have a market for those mangoes! etc. :glasses:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
eldorada said:
I need to know if I need an export licence, because I do have a market for those mangoes! etc. :glasses:
You may not need an export license, but I'm sure there are plenty of headaches dealing with the US Department of Agriculture on the import side.

eldorada

Mar 9, 2005
;) Boy oh boy, am I glad to hear that. I understant that there is a place in Moca thats treating them before export!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Ban?, 'the mango capital of the world'

Between the 16th and 19th of June, the city of Ban? is holding a 'Mango Fair', promoted by growers, producers, exporters, and related businesses.
Read all about it in Listin Diario

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Mango exports

There is some localpaperwork for exports, but the major hurdle is getting mangos into the US

The operation in Moca is, apparently, the first of its kind here. There is one in Haiti that has been working since 1986.

If you have a market, get in touch with the people in Moca...

HB :D:D

siren

Nov 23, 2004
Mango love

We finally sailed to Samana! Our casa is porch deep in mangos! I would rather give them away but the locals seem to think they can make a trail through the yard and steal the mangos anyway. Oh, well...why didnt I pack my canning supplies?...