Thou Shall Not Pass!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

December 8, 2023​

Sosúa-Cabarete highway

The mayor is always trying to make Sosúa more beautiful, cleaner and safer. This is done, among other things, by constructing sidewalks so that residents and tourists can walk safely.​

Sosúa-Cabarete highway

Sosúa-Cabarete highway​

This also happened along the Sosúa-Cabarete highway, where a very nice sidewalk has been constructed. But opposite the Super Pola supermarket there is a motorcycle workshop. And this workshop has now expanded onto the sidewalk. The work is being carried out here and it is no longer possible to pass without having to enter or cross the highway. This is quite a dangerous part of the highway to cross.
Upon inquiry to the administrators about what to do, they received the following answer: "You must ask permission to pass or cross.
This is only possible in the Dominican Republic​

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Hopefully they'll be removed in a day or two.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
This is where one of those old army 6x6 trucks that are being used to haul tourists around would be great. Just drive up and down that sidewalk every time one of those arrogant a**holes puts a moto on the sidewalk. It should be a tourist excursion on its own.
Then hit the highway and play chicken with the motos driving on the wrong side of the road.
It would be the best excursion here.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
This is where one of those old army 6x6 trucks that are being used to haul tourists around would be great. Just drive up and down that sidewalk every time one of those arrogant a**holes puts a moto on the sidewalk. It should be a tourist excursion on its own.
Then hit the highway and play chicken with the motos driving on the wrong side of the road.
Violent🤕

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

December 8, 2023​

Sosúa-Cabarete highway

The mayor is always trying to make Sosúa more beautiful, cleaner and safer. This is done, among other things, by constructing sidewalks so that residents and tourists can walk safely.​

Sosúa-Cabarete highway

Sosúa-Cabarete highway​

This also happened along the Sosúa-Cabarete highway, where a very nice sidewalk has been constructed. But opposite the Super Pola supermarket there is a motorcycle workshop. And this workshop has now expanded onto the sidewalk. The work is being carried out here and it is no longer possible to pass without having to enter or cross the highway. This is quite a dangerous part of the highway to cross.​

Upon inquiry to the administrators about what to do, they received the following answer: "You must ask permission to pass or cross.​

This is only possible in the Dominican Republic​

Just say “permiso” and walk through the mess. No problem.
They are mostly nice innocent guys but never brought up learning how to behave.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I gotta wonder how many people pass through that area on any given day.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Dominicans don't care JD. You should know this you've been here since Christ left Chicago. They'll walk by 1000 times and it doesn't reach the right side of the brain. Only gringos complain.
I think you misinterpreted my comment. If that area is where I think it is, those fellas can work all day without seeing a single "Peluche" walk by.

Reactions: drstock
Aug 21, 2007
Similar with car parking. I wrote to the ayuntamiento to get permission to paint the curb yellow in from of our colegio and put up a no parking sign so our 3,4 and 5 year olds do not have to walk around parked cars to enter the school.

I got persuasion but was also told that no one obeys these signs in this country.

🫤

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Similar with car parking. I wrote to the ayuntamiento to get permission to paint the curb yellow in from of our colegio and put up a no parking sign so our 3,4 and 5 year olds do not have to walk around parked cars to enter the school.

I got persuasion but was also told that no one obeys these signs in this country.

🫤
If you just painted the curb and bought official looking signs it would have been stress free. Then go get AMET and let them make a few $$ writing tickets.
Nobody here will ever check the authenticity of your curbs or signs but they will usually pay an AMET ticket or bribe them to get out of a ticket. Everybody wins.

Reactions: NanSanPedro
Aug 21, 2007
If you just painted the curb and bought official looking signs it would have been stress free. Then go get AMET and let them make a few $$ writing tickets.
Nobody here will ever check the authenticity of your curbs or signs but they will usually pay an AMET ticket or bribe them to get out of a ticket. Everybody wins.
AMET? In Jamao? They have never set foot here and I would doubt even a bribe would bring them.

• Haha
Reactions: cavok and JD Jones

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Dominicans don't care JD. You should know this you've been here since Christ left Chicago. They'll walk by 1000 times and it doesn't reach the right side of the brain. Only gringos complain.
the reasons Dominican don't care is because they don't know what's right and wrong you can't blame them when education is lacking...

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Take the video would love to see it

Reactions: melphis