Thought of buying a hotel in Cabarete

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have personally visited two of the properties "Escott" purchased!

I only wish I could have bought them myself! But then why am I responding to the "Suckers" post anyway,you obviously know absolutely "NADA" about real estate,or the DR!
"Go "ESCOTT",you "Bottom Feeding Sucker"you !
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC:cool:

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Re: I have personally visited two of the properties "Escott" purchased!

Criss Colon said:
I only wish I could have bought them myself! But then why am I responding to the "Suckers" post anyway,you obviously know absolutely "NADA" about real estate,or the DR!
"Go "ESCOTT",you "Bottom Feeding Sucker"you !
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC:cool:

Why do I have a feeling this post might be closed??? Should I get some words in edgewise first????

lurker

See Ya!
Apr 24, 2003
why close the thread?

the train is heading for a stone wall @ full steam
and
the five-cent millionaires are in picking up the stations........
but....
they FORGOT there is only one train........
and
its going to wreck @ any time........
and
it will take a long time to determine the damage to the system
but thats ok, cuz......
-in similar situations property values have only fallen 90% (NINETY % on good stuff - junk worthless)
-and they're in it for the long haul (LIFETIME; as are all speculators)
.. cuz they're VALUE BUYERS!

dumb dumb dumb

all i was asking was, why it was bottom........ bottom wont be determined in the dr for ???

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Re: Hang out in Cabarete alot and...

MrMike said:
I'm getting sick of all the attitude my wife gets in the hotels down there, everybody thinking she's a hooker just cause she's a black Dominican with a white Gringo.

You get that too? How many fights have you had with Politur? :: sigh :: But Alba is white! (At least that what she says). Dominicanas! Oy vey!

Tom (aka XR)

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Lurker, there is probably no safer investment for your money than real-estate - at ANY price. As long as 1) you don't need access to your money quickly and 2) you're not going to have it robbed out from under you by a corrupt government nationalizing things. That's all! People get so fascinated with predicting where the 'absolute' bottom is they can't see the forest for the trees and buy property when it's simply a good deal. Period.

If you don't get that, then God Bless You and Your Children, sincerely. And, I have some Central Bank bonds left over from Golo's trip to sell you.

Peace out!

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Ok Now

In terms of economic theory the dominican republic is on the run way ready for take off... the problem is the government and/or the lack of respect and pride that people have for this country.

Lurker, are you a dominican citizen and/or resident???

lurker

See Ya!
Apr 24, 2003
maybe its just a timing thing ......

pigs have their snouts in the trough before the slops in place

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
You just don't get it do you?

Too bad Vanna White's not here to sell you a vowel. No one - including and probably judging from your posts in this thread especially you has a crystal ball. You sell for more than you buy. That's all! Doesn't matter if the price goes lower, you just hold on a while longer. Real estate always goes up in value because people are always making more people who need more land. What part of that escapes you? What's this fixation with the lowest price? That's not relevant. Is land a good deal here? Yes! Is the price for property going to be higher in ten years than it is now? Yes!

No problem. I am sure I or Escott, or CC, or GirlieGirl will be happy to rent you something to live in - at a fairly exhorbitant price - in a few years when everyone else bought and you didn't!

LOL.

Tom (aka XR)

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
**APPLAUDING AND STANDING**

The World, everywhere is not getting more land... yet everyone sure knows how to make babies. Unless some idiot buys a .10 acre of marshland on sandwich island for a million dollars... real estate is a good investment. It is just like a stock market... buy low sell high... if it goes down... hold out. Everyone told my father he was crazy for buying 10,000 shares of K-Mart stock when it went bankrupt and was down to .86 cents a share... he did not listen... he predicted they were going to tear down and re-build. A year later he sold out at $14 dollars and some change. Not bad for a years investment. Had he waited longer he could have sold out at 24. He did not though and he is not upset with his investment. If you choose not to buy... that is your perogative... but do not try to manipulate other people into viewing things as you do in your warped mind.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Re: maybe its just a timing thing ......

lurker said:
pigs have their snouts in the trough before the slops in place

What lurker is trying to say is that when you go to feed pigs, they know thier about to get feed because they can smell the slop, so the fight for positions at the trough and put their snouts down so they are ready when it gets poured in.

-Lee

But seriously, things seem bad, and they have been on a slow downhill slide for the last couple years on the north coast, with a sharp turn downward in the last six months. But I firmly belive something good will come of this some day, and the change will be in the government/infrastructure and the day things turn around (if they do) is the day you'll be purchasing in the "winning place" from Xanadu screaming "What the F#@% , you want 2 million USD for this little peice of land? I could have bought this 2 years ago for 30k USD! well, ok, because I'd hate to buy in a losing area"

-Lee

lurker

See Ya!
Apr 24, 2003
stakeholders

never want to hear the hard reality.
stupid decisions. greed driven.
paranoia tells them what's happening (not).
anyone that thinks they are ahead of the market are going to get run over by the train just before it wrecks.
and anyone that thinks it cant get worse is just plain dumb and stupid and dumber.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
:: sigh ::

Very slowly now. Take a breath. Read the posts. You still haven't figured it out.

Edited to add:
Sorry to be glib but how many ways can you explain this. I know this looks like one of those trying to teach a pig to sing* excercises but anyone want to help?

Lurker, you do not lose any money, until you sell. Understand that? No one ever said it can't get worse or the price can't go down or that this is the bottom? Got it yet? Only idiots buy stocks, bonds, funds, real-estate, or other inverstments and look at the price every day and think about how much they've made or lost. Read my typing. It doesn't matter! It's a useless excercise. A waste of time. What matters is the price you get when you sell and the difference between that price and what you paid when you bought it. Then, and only then do you gain or lose money.

Bottom line is the consensus here seems to be that barring a communist takeover land prices will be much higher ten years from now than today. Even if they go down in between. Deal with it. You don't buy real-estate to trade it the next day. Once again, read my first post. I stand by those two conditions.

Good night all.

*Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig. Your fault. You introduced the pig analogy, just thought I'd continue it for you.

Last edited:

lurker

See Ya!
Apr 24, 2003
oh and yes .........

i have visited.
found nothing of economic value.
lots of interesting stuff but nothing that can make any $$$$$.

thats what we're talking about, right .......making money?

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Oh Jesus

If you have visited and there is nothing of any value then why come to this damn board? I mean really. Typically investing is a long term goal... I would not buy a piece of property today and expect to make money tomorrow. My hubby and I bought a house in the US for 196,000... to live in... not for profit. The same day our house closed, our neighbors house sold for $215,000 USD and our house was bigger and had more value than his. In less than 24 hours... our equity in our house went up 14,000 dollars! Did we sell it? No we did not... we have since decided to move here... it is being rented next month when my hubby joins me... for $300 a month more than our mortgage and expenses... and hopefully in 5 to 10 years if we decide to stay here we can sell it for an even larger profit.

The DR is not a bottomless pit. Everything hits rock bottom. Not to say that it has, but it is not going much farther... however I do not have a crystal ball and I can not guarantee you anything. I WILL HOWEVER BE WILLING TO MAKE A WAGER... THAT IN 10 YEARS ANY PROPERTY THAT ESCOTT, XR, BUSHBABY, HILLBILLY and MYSELF (forgive me if I am forgetting anyone else) MAY HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY WILL BE WORTH MORE THAN IT IS NOW OR WHEN WE PURCHASED IT. That is not to include any revenue that any of us may have made in the interim with rentals of the property.

The point still stands... you are babbling mumbo jumbo and know nothing of economy and investing... so on August 10, 2013...meet us all back here on this very thread and we will all exchange balance sheets and P/L details!

Have a very nice day!

PS: My power is on, so I am in a happy and feisty mood!