Thousands of soldiers join police patrols for a ?Quiet Christmas?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Defense minister Maximo W. Mu?oz said Thursday that 5, 900 soldiers will join the public safety patrols to support to the National Police, as part the ?Quiet Christmas 2014? operations starting today Friday.

He instructed the military personnel to carry out their tasks with dignity, loyalty and enthusiasm to contribute with the Dominican people?s safety and welfare.

He said the soldiers will be deployed across the country during the holidays, through the Metropolitan, Northern, Southern and Eastern commands, to safeguard citizen security and reduce crime during the holidays.

Big guns await purse-snatchers and other thugs.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...ers-join-police-patrols-for-a-Quiet-Christmas

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
They are doing what is expected. Yesterday on the road from Moca to STI I was stopped by the military and asked for money (for Christmas?).

I, easily, played the dumb gringo and was allowed to continue on my drive.

Those thugs had big guns.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Please pay the xmas safty tax....and maybe it will come back again and again....
I will love it as d.r. is the loudest country....(what did you say) on the phone ...Hard to hear on the cellular...on the street...

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
They are doing what is expected. Yesterday on the road from Moca to STI I was stopped by the military and asked for money (for Christmas?).

I, easily, played the dumb gringo and was allowed to continue on my drive.

Those thugs had big guns.

It's sad but true. They set up an 'unofficial' check point in Sosua the other day but this time I just waved hello and drove by. They do not have the right to stop vehicles without AMET or maybe PN present,

but they do have big guns.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Military.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Please pay the xmas safty tax....and maybe it will come back again and again....
I will love it as d.r. is the loudest country....(what did you say) on the phone ...Hard to hear on the cellular...on the street...

I swear many of these Dominicans have super power.

Ability to communicate through ear bleeding level of music with normal tone of voice.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I swear many of these Dominicans have super power.

Ability to communicate through ear bleeding level of music with normal tone of voice.

they shout through the music. that is why they still shout when the music stops.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Sounds great but smells bad, just like a dog and pony show.
One of the neighborhood Banca Lotteria's was robbed at gun point yesterday afternoon less than a block away
from my house.
People might feel safer with all of these extra muppets on the street but I would argue the reality says something different.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
wonder how much actual money(pesos) they got away with...sometimes (most) there is very little money...If you win a nice sum it might take till tomorrow to pay off...