Thousands visit Boca Chica beach on Sunday

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Boca-Chica-Diario-Libre-e1597066146484.jpeg

Boca Chica beach, the most popular beach that is near to Greater Santo Domingo, was packed by people not wearing masks on Sunday. It seemed as if people decided this was their last chance to go to the beach in summer before the more restrictive measures are put in place by the new government in its attempt to put the coronavirus under control.

Listin Diario reported on bottlenecks as people headed back to the capital city, with many people not making it in time to be home by 5pm. How many people were arrested for not making the curfew is unknown.

Diario Libre reports that the traffic jam also included thousands that were returning from beach outings to Punta Cana, La Romana and San Pedro de Macoris beaches (Juan Dolio and Guayacanes).

Read more in...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cavok and CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Another example of the social experiment being used to try and control people and how well that works.

They have obviously been following the rumors about the new more restrictive measures that might be put in place by the new government.

Reactions: irishpaddy
Sep 22, 2009
Another example of the social experiment being used to try and control people and how well that works.

They have obviously been following the rumors about the new more restrictive measures that might be put in place by the new government.
It will sure suck for the freedom fighters when the military and the PN record every license plate and cédula Next time and fine 25k pesos and a court date. Although the logistics of that would cost the govt more probably

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Its like theyre begging for more restrictions. Just do what you have to do in order to get your life back but thats too forward thinking for some.

Sep 22, 2009
One thing to remember is that this was all outside. Even the beach restaurants were open air. We will see in 13 more days but I doubt very much of consequence occurs because of it.
I find your comments interesting because right before the BC freedom fighters LD and DL press releases of how all these folks no masks, no social distancing, violation of curfew hours, you were bragging about not wearing a mask "like the rest on the beach". This is sad IMO

Sep 22, 2009
One thing to remember is that this was all outside. Even the beach restaurants were open air. We will see in 13 more days but I doubt very much of consequence occurs because of it.
I find your comments interesting because right before the BC freedom fighters release of how all these folks no masks, no social distancing, violation of curfew hours, you were bragging about not wearing a mask "like the rest on the beach". This is sad IMO

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
trouble is...
because of this blatant disregard for protocol, the boys could close ALL beaches..

What a shame.....

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I find your comments interesting because right before the BC freedom fighters release of how all these folks no masks, no social distancing, violation of curfew hours, you were bragging about not wearing a mask "like the rest on the beach". This is sad IMO
once is enough ...no need to say it twice