Three American brothers held in Dominican prison proclaim their innocence

user123

Aug 16, 2017
Something similar happened to me. I was interested in buying an Infiniti so I rented one to see how I like it, got stopped and searched in Santiago and they found some weed in the car, wanted to lock me up... If these guys were in Haiti or the border with Haiti 99% the weed is theirs.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Something similar happened to me. I was interested in buying an Infiniti so I rented one to see how I like it, got stopped and searched in Santiago and they found some weed in the car, wanted to lock me up...
That's insane. At least you got out of it.

user123

Aug 16, 2017
That's insane. At least you got out of it.
I told them the car was a rental and I didn't search the car when I took possession of it to make sure nothing illegal was in the car, the cops (they were a patrol on a bike) called over the radio and a PN pickup showed up, they wanted to lock me up didn't care. Luckily I knew and called somebody who outranks them and he told them to back off.

• Wow
Reactions: Andre14615

user123

Aug 16, 2017
These three fellas better grab a snickers.
No way are they walking away from this one
without paying a hefty "fine".
Unless the US embassy gets involved and gets behind them (I doubt they will) these guys are just 3 Haitians with a father who can send dollars.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Seems crazy they would leave it in the engine bay if the car broke down, as that would be a good place for it to be found. Looks like to me the 'guy who works with the owner' who was so agitated is more likely the owner of the drugs.
I suspect they won't be in jail that much longer -

What value is there for these rental car occupants to smuggle that much weed in DR ?
You can get better pot in the US and cheaper with less ramifications than in DR, and they would never get that pot back into the US in their luggage.
Unless they were taking it from Haiti for some reason, I don't they could not buy dope and resell it in DR and make enough money to be bothered with.

Reactions: slowmo

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Seems crazy they would leave it in the engine bay if the car broke down, as that would be a good place for it to be found. Looks like to me the 'guy who works with the owner' who was so agitated is more likely the owner of the drugs.

What value is there for these rental car occupants to smuggle that much weed in DR ?
You can get better pot in the US and cheaper with less ramifications than in DR, and they would never get that pot back into the US in their luggage.
Unless they were taking it from Haiti for some reason, I don't they could not buy dope and resell it in DR and make enough money to be bothered with.
This is exactly how I saw it. There is no way they can get that weed on a plane. I'm wondering if these kids got railroaded because they're of Haitian descent.

Reactions: chico bill

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I wonder if they have arrest records in the U.S. Every single solitary drug mule says the same thing. "That's not mine", "I didn't put that there" "I was set up"

Reactions: David B and Caonabo

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Who’s to say they did not bring it down with them. Some Mandarin Cookies or Grand Daddy Purple would be a good trade for powder.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Taking it to Haiti would be like selling medicine to a doctor.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's the most normal thing of the planet:
It wasn't me, this is not mine, never in my life did i see this package.
does somebody know which car rental company this was?
i would guess(but don't know) they rented "from private".
then it is possible that the owners of that rental frequently deliver their packages that way form city to city within theDR, the police would not suspect much on a foreign rental car driver/tourist. they rent the cars to visitors to be driven from City A to City B an there they take out the package without anybody ever knowing anything bout the delivery.
in such case, thats the risk to rent from "someone", you never know what kinda guys those renters are.
anyways, They got caught with the brick, i don't see them to walk away from this any easy.
everybody claims to be innocent, to be set up, nobody really listens to such speeches anymore.
they each have a lawyer, they each have family in the US with money, they will do time and the families will pay nice bucks to get them some commodities on the inside, for a longer while.
there will be a lot of families fed with their money during these hard Pandemic times.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I think we need to consider that not ALL people are smart. Let's face it, somebody graduated at the bottom of his class and went on being stupid all their lives. Furthermore, how many people, outside of this board and real drug dealers, know the severe penalties for drugs in the DR? Perhaps they thought we are lawless on all matters?? Whoops.

Reactions: GusFring and Big

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I think we need to consider that not ALL people are smart. Let's face it, somebody graduated at the bottom of his class and went on being stupid all their lives. Furthermore, how many people, outside of this board and real drug dealers, know the severe penalties for drugs in the DR? Perhaps they thought we are lawless on all matters?? Whoops.
come on.
if someone is ding such drug carriage "thinking" we are lawless enough to nothing could happen to him/them,
then such smartazz deserves to get the full sentence when caught with the shi.t.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
that's the most normal thing of the planet:
It wasn't me, this is not mine, never in my life did i see this package.
does somebody know which car rental company this was?
i would guess(but don't know) they rented "from private".
then it is possible that the owners of that rental frequently deliver their packages that way form city to city within theDR, the police would not suspect much on a foreign rental car driver/tourist. they rent the cars to visitors to be driven from City A to City B an there they take out the package without anybody ever knowing anything bout the delivery.
in such case, thats the risk to rent from "someone", you never know what kinda guys those renters are.
anyways, They got caught with the brick, i don't see them to walk away from this any easy.
everybody claims to be innocent, to be set up, nobody really listens to such speeches anymore.
they each have a lawyer, they each have family in the US with money, they will do time and the families will pay nice bucks to get them some commodities on the inside, for a longer while.
there will be a lot of families fed with their money during these hard Pandemic times.
Hey ythe new pres here does not permit this type of railroad.....

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
To all of those who immediately found these kids guilty please explain the angry Dominican they captured on video trying to get that package back. Dios do you guys know how terrible Dominican weed is. No one is risking their lives for that since it isn't worth anything.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas