Ticket for October

May 31, 2005
Hi to all. As you have probably already read or heard, the Festival Presidente de Musica Latina is confirmed for October 14,15, and 16. I need to buy my ticket. Do you suggest that I buy it now or hold off until after September when the kiddies go back to school? I have searched now and it's the same price for October that it is for travelling now in July and August. Don't you think that the prices will be lower after September?

PS I'm flying Orlando(MCO) - San Juan(SJU) - Santo Domingo(SDQ)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
A quick search on Travelocity.com shows a rate of $430, including taxes. I doubt if the rates will go down much from there, unless you get one of those last minute specials.

There probably are (or will be) cheaper fares if you fly from FLL or MIA.

May 31, 2005
Yeah, that's the rate that I got as well when I researched. I paid only $323 in March from MCO to SDQ via SJU on AA. It was that price for a long time as well. I am considering Spirit from FLL. I used to fly out of Miami when it was worth it but now the prices are just as high as flying out of Orlando. I do have to drive 3 1/2 hours to get to FLL and MIA though.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Dragonfly32837 said:
Hi to all. As you have probably already read or heard, the Festival Presidente de Musica Latina is confirmed for October 14,15, and 16. I need to buy my ticket. Do you suggest that I buy it now or hold off until after September when the kiddies go back to school? I have searched now and it's the same price for October that it is for travelling now in July and August. Don't you think that the prices will be lower after September?

PS I'm flying Orlando(MCO) - San Juan(SJU) - Santo Domingo(SDQ)
Correct, wait till the kids are back in school. If you are flying AA from the states, the prices now, will go down in Sept. for travel through March. Certain restrictions apply, but nothing that would apply to you in your situation. I'm sure that it could make a difference where you fly from and what carrier you're useing. My daughter flys for AA so I get the updated scoop....If you notice also, the prices are only good for travel through Nov.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Hi, Dragonfly32837...

I just checked Spirit (it's what I've been taking the last 4 trips!) for October, you can leave on the 14th until the 16th, the price is $288.55 R/T from FLL.

It would cost you what, maybe $50 more dollars to drive down to FLL? I say it's worth it!

I wouldn't be able to fly out until Sat. afternoon, but I would stay until Wed. morning.

Spirit sent out an e-mail that after 9/12, depending on the weekday, the flights would be around $59 each way. You might check it out, and maybe spend a few more days relaxing in DR....

May 31, 2005
Musicqueen said:
I just checked Spirit (it's what I've been taking the last 4 trips!) for October, you can leave on the 14th until the 16th, the price is $288.55 R/T from FLL.

It would cost you what, maybe $50 more dollars to drive down to FLL? I say it's worth it!

I wouldn't be able to fly out until Sat. afternoon, but I would stay until Wed. morning.

Spirit sent out an e-mail that after 9/12, depending on the weekday, the flights would be around $59 each way. You might check it out, and maybe spend a few more days relaxing in DR....
Thanks. If the prices from Orlando do not go down I will definitely be using Spirit. I saw that they added two new flights from FLL to SDQ. That's awesome. I am planning on staying one full week, possibly from Tuesday to Tuesday.