Timberlands shoe factory in Santiago: do they sell to consumers?

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004

Shopping for Timberland boots I saw from a label that the model I want is manufactured in Santiago.
These boots are pretty expensive online, around 190 USD, so I wonder if it is possible to get them for less from the factory.

Any experience buying direct in Santiago?

Alexander

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
They closed a year ago. I bought a lot of stuff from the factory in an on line auction.

They didn't sell direct from the factory in any case.

Here's a fun fact: I was their Operations Manager for 5 years back in the eighties.

I also own the first and only Timberland watch made when they were thinking about going into the accessories business.

IMG_20210327_175343.jpg

And here's another fun fact: It was widely publicized, but you could send a pair of shoes or boots back for any reason, and they would send you another pair for free. Their motto was "More quality than you will ever need."

All the footwear that was returned was sent back to our factory for revision to see if and why they failed.

Last edited:

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
They closed a year ago. I bought a lot of stuff from the factory in an on line auction.

Here's a fun fact: I was their Operations Manager for 5 years back in the eighties.
Thank you for the info, not what I wanted to read.
Probably somewhere in Asia they do for or even less.

Alexander

SNH

Jul 24, 2010

I also own the first and only Timberland watch made when they were thinking about going into the accessories business.

View attachment 6133

And here's another fun fact: It was widely publicized, but you could send a pair of shoes or boots back for any reason, and they would send you another pair for free. Their motto was "More quality than you will ever need."

All the footwear that was returned was sent back to our factory for revision to see if and why they failed.

Am I missing something about the watch ? First and only? - Timberland Watches Amazon

SNH

Jul 24, 2010

Shopping for Timberland boots I saw from a label that the model I want is manufactured in Santiago.
These boots are pretty expensive online, around 190 USD, so I wonder if it is possible to get them for less from the factory.

Any experience buying direct in Santiago?

Alexander
$210+ now (inflation I guess) Mine got stopped by DR customs when shipping them here.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Am I missing something about the watch ? First and only? - Timberland Watches Amazon
Sorry, The first Timberland watch made and it's the only one of that style that still exists. Made in 1985.

Hard to see, but it's made of glass, and when you lift the watch, there is a compass underneath.

Lots of other ones for sale everywhere.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
Sorry, The first Timberland watch made and it's the only one of that style that still exists. Made in 1985.

Hard to see, but it's made of glass, and when you lift the watch, there is a compass underneath.

Lots of other ones for sale everywhere.
Ahh ok got it.