Time to move on....

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Canada.....................Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......:cool::cool:
Best of luck..............especially with your new heating bill...............lol

B in Santiago

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Although we'll be sad to see you leave, I know you'll be a lot happier up in Quebec. We'll definitely keep in touch and I plan on seeing you next year when I go up on vacation!! Good luck with the girls, if I had a house I'd pick them up in a heartbeat!

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
I guess I shall let my Dr1?s friends know that after 18 years in the DR I have finally made the decision that is it time for us to return to good old Canada.

A few reasons come to mind: I guess that as I am getting older I don?t have the patient anymore for the Dominican way of life. The violence is also getting way to close for comfort; these past years things have changed for the worst where drugs and murders seems to have taken over the Island? sadly I just don?t feel safe anymore. I also miss the family support, and want better education for Juanitita and now for our little angel Ismael who I am adopting and will need a bit of physical therapy therefore Canada will be best suited for all of us.

It will probably be rock?n roll for a while; the time we adjust to our new environment and for our bodies to comprehend the -45C temperatures but we are looking forward to the move.

Many details to take care of before the big day and one of them is our doggies Lucy and Mia. Because we will be moving with family there is no way we can take our furry friends with us, so sadly we need to find them a new home. They are both boxers; Lucy the mom (9 years old; she?s like an old Do?a) and her daughter Mia (4 years old; thinks she?s still a puppy). We wish to find them a home where they would not be separated and where they would receive lots of LOVE. At home they sleep inside and are used to a big yard where they eat all the mangos they can find leaving none for AZB. So if you can give our girls a good home please contact me via PM.

Will take with me very precious memories from the DR and will miss lots of little things but we?ll be back for holidays, maybe stay in AI and find myself a real husband in the animation team?

Our little angel Ismael (jejeje same expression as cartoon)
rsd2t1.jpg

Juanitita couldn't be happier with her little brother
xvyvt.jpg

Sure am the luckiest mom!
t85c84.jpg

The girls Mia the coqueta and Lucy giving her paw.
2howjs7.jpg

Gorgeous looking family, and wishing you all the best in your move to Canada. Yup, cold stuff again. I should know, I live in Ontario. But think how nice it will be seeing family and the beautiful changes that come with the seasons. Might be a bit of a culture shock again at first, but you will soon adapt very well. BTW love quebec`s poutine, yum yum

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Thanks all for your kind wishes!

Oh yes...the famous poutine...can't wait to get mine with extra squishy cheese!

Mar 1, 2009
Quebec is awesome, Ishmael is gonna do great up there. Peel and St. Catherine, Salsateque oh yeah baby. Les Francofolies, juste pour rire. Lots of variety. Cold as hell, but it's not bad.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
As You May Already Know,.........................

I love to make "Comments" about some posters posts.But only when it is well deserved.
"Celt202's comments were WAY OUT OF LINE!!!
I had six dogs when I left Two months ago,and now two "Puppies" to greet,know,and love when I get back next week.I also have two cats,and four kids.I haven't seen them in two months,and I really love and miss them,especially my Eight and Ten year old daughters.
Your pictures made me miss all my "Extended Family" even more.
I see the love in your family as well.You will all be just fine.
God bless all of you,now and forever.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
juanita.. thanks so much for the great energy that you put out with the orphanage and the puzzles.! so glad you found ismahel!!! and sad but glad for your return----- you were a great example!! may more follow yours! hugs .--- annie

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Juanita, never had the pleasure of personally meeting you, but I've read a large number of your posts.......
You have been an example of the good side of dr1.........
I'm sure you will still keep-a-postin when in Canada...............have a safe and pleasant journey...........

B in Santiago

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
You are obviously a loving and caring mother and wherever you are you can take pride in that.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
juanita.. thanks so much for the great energy that you put out with the orphanage and the puzzles.! so glad you found ismahel!!! and sad but glad for your return----- you were a great example!! may more follow yours! hugs .--- annie

Thank you so much Annie, it is in my plan to find a way to still help the girls from Canada, we will be painting the Christmas cards this weekend to get an early start and who knows what else might come up!!! Hugs

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
At last we are almost all set to go!!! Birth certificate...ready, Passport...ready...Canadian citizenship...in process... and should be ready before we are set to flight out....So we should be in Canada right on time to raise our flag for Canada day! Yuuupiii

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
All the best for the move, I understand your concerns about a life here, and the drastic changes over recent years, do good luck!
And the dogs? If they are infant tolerant and don't mind being left for 6 to 10 hours a day I might consider them!