Time to move on....

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I guess I shall let my Dr1’s friends know that after 18 years in the DR I have finally made the decision that is it time for us to return to good old Canada.

A few reasons come to mind: I guess that as I am getting older I don’t have the patient anymore for the Dominican way of life. The violence is also getting way to close for comfort; these past years things have changed for the worst where drugs and murders seems to have taken over the Island… sadly I just don’t feel safe anymore. I also miss the family support, and want better education for Juanitita and now for our little angel Ismael who I am adopting and will need a bit of physical therapy therefore Canada will be best suited for all of us.

It will probably be rock’n roll for a while; the time we adjust to our new environment and for our bodies to comprehend the -45C temperatures but we are looking forward to the move.

Many details to take care of before the big day and one of them is our doggies Lucy and Mia. Because we will be moving with family there is no way we can take our furry friends with us, so sadly we need to find them a new home. They are both boxers; Lucy the mom (9 years old; she’s like an old Do?a) and her daughter Mia (4 years old; thinks she’s still a puppy). We wish to find them a home where they would not be separated and where they would receive lots of LOVE. At home they sleep inside and are used to a big yard where they eat all the mangos they can find leaving none for AZB. So if you can give our girls a good home please contact me via PM.

Will take with me very precious memories from the DR and will miss lots of little things but we’ll be back for holidays, maybe stay in AI and find myself a real husband in the animation team…

Our little angel Ismael (jejeje same expression as cartoon)
rsd2t1.jpg

Juanitita couldn't be happier with her little brother
xvyvt.jpg

Sure am the luckiest mom!
t85c84.jpg

The girls Mia the coqueta and Lucy giving her paw.
2howjs7.jpg

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Awww.

Well, good luck to you Juanita. It's gonna be an adjustment I'm sure but time does wonders. Hope you will find a good home for your dogs and Ismael looks like he hit the jackpot with you!

SHALENA

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Best of luck to you all in Canada, Santo Domingo will miss you I'm sure.

I hope your dogs find a wonderful home, our last dog in NJ was a boxer, and we adored him. Terrific dogs.

Dec 26, 2011
Beautiful kids and beautiful doggies!

Good luck, and I understand all too well about never fully getting used to the Dominican chaos, I mean lifestyle. :)

Be well.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Good luck Juanita. You have done much for many so I wish you and the kids the very best.

Hugs

Good luck- but i know you will be back. Once you have lived here- you have the caribbean way of life in your bloodstream, and this will always drag you back home to "ze island" where you belong.

Dont sell anything in the RD just yet- wait two or three years just to see how you manage to live in Good ol`Canada.
I could not change myself to live in the civilization again- and today i am happy i didnt sell our home down here.

Anyway, hope you manage to live in the freezer again.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
...e move.

Many details to take care of before the big day and one of them is our doggies Lucy and Mia. Because we will be moving with family there is no way we can take our furry friends with us, so sadly we need to find them a new home. They are both boxers; Lucy the mom (9 years old; she?s like an old Do?a) and her daughter Mia (4 years old; thinks she?s still a puppy). We wish to find them a home where they would not be separated and where they would receive lots of LOVE. At home they sleep inside and are used to a big yard where they eat all the mangos they can find leaving none for AZB. So if you can give our girls a good home please contact me via PM.

The girls Mia the coqueta and Lucy giving her paw.
2howjs7.jpg

For some dogs are a lifetime commitment for others they're disposable.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
So sorry to hear you'll have to leave your dogs behind! I really hope you find a loving and caring person who keeps them.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Very intelligent comment especially when you know nothing about me or the whole story about the move.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
For some dogs are a lifetime commitment for others they're disposable.

She could've done the most irresponsible thing and just left them to fend for themselves on the streets. The most responsible thing she could do is what she is doing - findng them a new home.

I doubt she got the dogs with the intensions of "disposing" of them later on. Who does that ?

It's not easy to give away a pet, I've never had to and hope I never will...

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Anyone who knows Juanita knows that if there was any way possible to take the dogs she would.

Stop criticizing, and start helping her find a loving home for those two beautiful ladies.

Last March we adopted a beautiful rottie who belonged to a DR1er who left DR to return to the UK and couldn't take him. Like Juanita, they loved their dogs and hated leaving them. I get PMs from them checking up on the dog.

Sometimes things are simply out of our control, don't judge.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Back on track, again we wish you the best Juanita and please keep in touch.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
juanita and family, we will miss you terribly but I know you're doing the right thing on all counts.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
'Juanita', I heard from my wife you were preparing to leave (fb)...good for you (to have taken a decision). I'm sure it will be hard, I experienced that when going back to my country after only 4 years. Just keep in mind that you won't solve that by coming back here again (and I can speak from experience here too).

At the end we never had the BBQ at your place!