Time To Move The Bars And Girls From Pedro Clisante

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I'm loving the fake Food Pictures the New Pedro C " restaurants" are showing on Feyboo ..
Real nice stuff .. last night it was
a Filet Mignon with Porcini Mushroom Compound Butter , ( according to Foodiecrush , where the photo was borrowed from ) lol

but the restaurant says its a " Delicious steak in herb and rosemary butters"

so who am I to question it ..

lmfao

If the " Menu" is Right .. sure why not ....lol
( ya gotta be a longtime member to get that reference)
I'm guessing you're referring to Passions(?). Still, sitting around all night at the restaurants that are on the main stretch of PC sounds pretty boring to me, but, hey, whatever floats your boat.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
But there's still bars. Bars that serve food but aren't chica hangouts. Matteo's Seaside, Jolly Rog, etc. How does the law restrict bars? Do they have to serve food? Or did they pick and choose certain bars that attracted chicas?
It sounds to me like they just closed the bigger clubs and discos where there was music(?).

Reactions: ctrob

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I'm guessing you're referring to Passions(?). Still, sitting around all night at the restaurants that are on the main stretch of PC sounds pretty boring to me, but, hey, whatever floats your boat.
Passions is no longer in business .. for quite a while . i, sure you know that.
the one im referring to IS operating under the Radar, pretending to be a Restaurant ..
I'm not going to out them .. but you are on the right track, Passions did literally have a " Menu", which Ironically got them into a LOT of Hot water ,,
and now a Menu is required to stay in business on PC ..
like I said the IRONY is most delicious ..

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
the one im referring to IS operating under the Radar, pretending to be a Restaurant ..
I'm not going to out them .. but you are on the right track, Passions did literally have a " Menu", which Ironically got them into a LOT of Hot water ,,
Yes, and many would say those menus aren't as delicious.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Nothing against these bars but you don't see any Dominicans in these places other than the serving staff. I guess this is what it's about though.
How on God's Green Earth does that offend you? That's Tourism! If Dominican's didn't want us in their country, we would not be here.

And you're wrong anyways. Dom's use any bar they want on PC.

Reactions: drstock

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
How on God's Green Earth does that offend you? That's Tourism! If Dominican's didn't want us in their country, we would not be here.

And you're wrong anyways. Dom's use any bar they want on PC.
I travel/live to be with locals...not with people from back home. I suppose I am different that way.

You get groups of single Dominican ladies starting to use those bars...see how long that lasts.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I must be hitting Pedro C at the wrong time. CoUNtless chicas from one end to the other, 70% Haitian 30 % Dominican (scientific count) their latest appears to be driving motos around plying their trade. My dining options are more on the outskirts of town and in Cab now.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I am a new and happy homeowner, we closed today the purchase of a one bedroom condo. Pedro Clisante / ayuntamiento st. Second floor Banco Reservas.
I had no idea they were calling those condos. I really need to travel up there more often.
Congratulations!

Reactions: bachata

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I remember C.Dave talking me into going there with him and a few of his merry little butt pirates back in 2012, seeing the menu and thinking to myself if the US authorities ever got wind of this Peter's ass would be grass.

I kid ya not, less than a year later I'm having breakfast at New Garden and that's all people were talking about the day after they picked him up.

Indeed the US authorities played a "supportive" role in making sure he was permanently closed for good.

The rest fell like dominos and by 2014 even the most established clubs down inSanto Domingo were done.

For anyone to sit here and say what they've currently got planned can't/ won't happen,

I say it can and I believe it most certainly will happen sooner than many think.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I had no idea they were calling those condos. I really need to travel up there more often.
Congratulations!
Apartamentos in DR, well all I know is that I have been here over a week working 16 hours a day managing a crew of workers, electricians, painters.
New AC unit, stove, microwave etc...

Yo soy el maestro!

My place is looking good now.

JJ

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I must be hitting Pedro C at the wrong time. CoUNtless chicas from one end to the other, 70% Haitian 30 % Dominican (scientific count) their latest appears to be driving motos around plying their trade. My dining options are more on the outskirts of town and in Cab now.
The beach was pleasantly busy yesterday, without being hectic.
Walking on P.C. at 6PM it was packed.
However, nothing like it used to be with many bars closed.
A dilapidated appearance.

If there will be no food, drink services at the beach and no place to sit down, that will impede activities.
I remember Mismaloya Beach in Mexico when it was a precious beach, now an unpleasant beach build up with a clunky Barcelo hotel.
We'll have to see what the future reality will be???
Talk for many years, but things seem to be happening.

For now, the death of Sosua is greatly exaggerated.
See what the next summer season will bring.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
20211016_071610.jpg

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That's pretty much my impression of PC, too - dilapidated.
If there will be no food, drink services at the beach and no place to sit down, that will impede activities.
I haven't seen anything mentioned about the beaches. If you're not vaccinated, just sit at the tables on the beach which is where most people are anyway. No problem. Same for Cabarete.

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona

I remember Mismaloya Beach in Mexico when it was a precious beach, now an unpleasant beach build up with a clunky Barcelo hotel.
We'll have to see what the future reality will be???
Talk for many years, but things seem to be happening.

For now, the death of Sosua is greatly exaggerated.
See what the next summer season will bring.
Why would the be no more food or drinks? There will be chairs, I'd 100% bet on that, and people that will run to wherever the privileged operators will be allowed to have restaurants and there'll be beverages sold from coolers. It may take longer and I suspect it will be more expensive, but if it's done according to the plans as shared with us, it'll be more concentrated, perhaps awkward but a way will be found to make it work.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Why would the be no more food or drinks? There will be chairs, I'd 100% bet on that, and people that will run to wherever the privileged operators will be allowed to have restaurants and there'll be beverages sold from coolers. It may take longer and I suspect it will be more expensive, but if it's done according to the plans as shared with us, it'll be more concentrated, perhaps awkward but a way will be found to make it work.
If they allow some vendors to stay on the beach after the planed removal of all the shacks.
A plaza at the entrance won't do it.
It's obvious that there are changes happening.
We'll have to wait to see what the government moves will be and when.

Tomorrow supposedly you won't be allowed to enter the bank unless vaccinated.
So removing the beach shacks could easily be ordered by gob.do
Yeah, the beach will still be there and the ocean too.

In Cabarete you can either use restaurant facilities and pay your 28%, plus more tip if you like.... for excellent service
Or bring your own stuff and sit on the beach.

Reactions: CristoRey

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Super Pola was packed of shoppers yesterday here in Sosua, noticed 90 percent of couples are mixed Dominicans and foreigners.
Pedro Glisante pretty busy too over the weekend, Sosua is not death.

JJ