Time To Move The Bars And Girls From Pedro Clisante

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Pictures taken 7:00 am when people still sleep, only cleaning crew working.
Everything looks neat, they are taking care of Sosua.

JJ

Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Pictures taken 7:00 am when people still sleep, only cleaning crew working.
Everything looks neat, they are taking care of Sosua.

JJ
JJ, your pictures aren't posting.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
One of you guy come over here and fix my soon to be executed Claro connection.

The Altice guys can't get here fast enough.

Reactions: CristoRey

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Anyone in the area, I would like to meet or shake hands we all DR1ER who you knew JJ.
I am on second floor Banco Reservas, apartment at the corner of Pedro Glisante...
I am currently removing old windows my self, installers will be here tomorrow morning.

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Apartamentos in DR, well all I know is that I have been here over a week working 16 hours a day managing a crew of workers, electricians, painters.
New AC unit, stove, microwave etc...

Yo soy el maestro!

My place is looking good now.

JJ
Congratulations JJ, enjoy your new place! Being the maestro is the way to go, supervision is key here!

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Anyone in the area, I would like to meet or shake hands we all DR1ER who you knew JJ.
I am on second floor Banco Reservas, apartment at the corner of Pedro Glisante...
I am currently removing old windows my self, installers will be here tomorrow morning.
I will try to stop by tomorrow.

Reactions: bachata

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Bachata your optimism is refreshing next to all the bad news currently on dr1
The only thing I can tell you is I noticed a lot of economy progress in the country.
You can buy now a studio apartment 50 thousands and spend another 10 to reconditioned.
What can you do with that money in the States, maybe you can build another barn in your backyard.

JJ

Reactions: AlaPlaya and aarhus

JaneInTheDR

Jan 2, 2019
First, I accidentally clicked "like" instead of "reply"

It appears we are talking about two different things. To you, it seems that "Sosua" is just the central town, Sosua proper. To me it is the larger area, town and surrounding housing developments. They are where the big money is spent, more of which is spent if the occupants of those properties can enjoy their time in town without the street girls and those attracted by them present
Two months later I come across this topic and just have to add my two cents worth. I completely agree with you Ken. We are in Sosua Ocean Village and stay away from Playa Sosua on weekends to give the busloads of residents from the city their space. We do go there sometimes through the week as it's a gorgeous beach, but we avoid the town, especially at night like the plague (with the exception of Casa 21) as the vibe isn't our thing. You are RIGHT, if it was cleaned up it would attract a lot more money, big money, not free wings and beer kind of money. Beachfront/oceanfront properties in Sosua are the cheapest in the Caribbean and the only reason why is because of the sex trade running rampant all over the city. So yes, when it's cleaned up and the luxury hotels, tourists and property owners flock in, the money will flow and that will benefit the entire city. Sosua can be a Comfort Inn or a Hilton and more money is spent at a Hilton. Sosua has everything needed to become a world class destination but it's currently a dirty little secret and that's too bad because it's the uneducated Dominicans and Haitians that pay the price. I have no problem with a red light district, but with more opportunities for employment, the girls will have options which they sadly do not have the way things have been.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Two months later I come across this topic and just have to add my two cents worth. I completely agree with you Ken. We are in Sosua Ocean Village and stay away from Playa Sosua on weekends to give the busloads of residents from the city their space. We do go there sometimes through the week as it's a gorgeous beach, but we avoid the town, especially at night like the plague (with the exception of Casa 21) as the vibe isn't our thing. You are RIGHT, if it was cleaned up it would attract a lot more money, big money, not free wings and beer kind of money. Beachfront/oceanfront properties in Sosua are the cheapest in the Caribbean and the only reason why is because of the sex trade running rampant all over the city. So yes, when it's cleaned up and the luxury hotels, tourists and property owners flock in, the money will flow and that will benefit the entire city. Sosua can be a Comfort Inn or a Hilton and more money is spent at a Hilton. Sosua has everything needed to become a world class destination but it's currently a dirty little secret and that's too bad because it's the uneducated Dominicans and Haitians that pay the price. I have no problem with a red light district, but with more opportunities for employment, the girls will have options which they sadly do not have the way things have been.
You are going to get such pushback from the whoremongers! Those self proclaimed "Saviors of Sosua" for without them Sosua would evaporate, just like it did during the pandemic, eh? Let's see what they say next, shall we?

Reactions: JaneInTheDR

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Bachata your optimism is refreshing next to all the bad news currently on dr1
Somebody else bought the commercial area next to Banco Reservas and two apartments in the building, currently remodeling too. Wait another year from now you will see value go up.

JJ

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Somebody else bought the commercial area next to Banco Reservas and two apartments in the building, currently remodeling too. Wait another year from now you will see value go up.

JJ
Any changes you see coming that will allow that to happen?

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
You are going to get such pushback from the whoremongers! Those self proclaimed "Saviors of Sosua" for without them Sosua would evaporate, just like it did during the pandemic, eh? Let's see what they say next, shall we?
I’m hearing crickets

Reactions: OldSkool

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
The weekend on the beach among the locals are my favorite times on Sosua beach.