Title on House

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I built a house over 10 years ago in samana on my wife’s family land.I want to get a deed on the house.What is procedure?
Robert

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Probably need a lawyer first. Then get a sales contract signed for the land. Then have a surveyor survey and apply for a deslinde or "title". Then wait to see if anyone objects and then wait 1 to 2 years. Simple

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Does your wife already have a title for the land? A deslinde? A bill of sale? What does she have proving it’s hers?

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Probably has no permits just family saying no problem you can build...until there is..Bob you need a lawyer to take care of this for you either way Before her mother or father dies and your legally only get a share between siblings a patch of grass..he said she said won’t help you after.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
If you did not buy the land, it appears that you may have improved someone else's property. Tricky situation! I hope your relations with the family are all good.
My wife’s family has title to all the land here that we live on and it is quite a lot,that is not a problem,I just want to get title or deed on the house so I can use it for collateral for bank loan

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
My wife’s family has title to all the land here that we live on and it is quite a lot,that is not a problem,I just want to get title or deed on the house so I can use it for collateral for bank loan
As already mentioned, you're going to need a sales contract, a survey and deslinde, and a deed to the property before a bank would use it as collateral for a loan.

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
I don't believe you can get title to a house that you do not own the land under. I was not trying to be sarcastic or mean. The bank cannot take posession of a house on someone else's property if you default. I doubt this is acceptable as collateral on a loan. Good luck!

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
It’s not going to happen..title that is land has to be subdivided titled ,survey ,deslinde, then you get title my man your 1 1/2 yrs away from courts giving you title at least probably 3yrs in reality ..Goodluck

Reactions: JD Jones