To Those Who Say That I NEVER Have ANYTHING Positive To Say About The DR, READ THIS!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Today I had two guys come to clean my "Cisterna", and my "Tinaco".
I do that 2 to 3 times a year.
They noted that my "Cisterna" cover was rusted to pieces.
It has needed to be replaced for years, but I was hoping my wife might fall in and drown.
Anyway, they said for 3,500 pesos they would go buy an aluminium top, and install it.
I said "Do It"!
And they did!
They bought the top, and cleaned the cisterna & the tinaco for 6,000 pesos.
Then, the "Go fill the gas tank" guy came, took my tank, and filled it.
I gave him 1,200 pesos to buy the gas.
When he came back, he gave me 50 pesos.
He said the tank would only hold 1,150 pesos of gas!
Then the "Go Get The Water Bottles" guy came to get my empties and re fill them.
His company charges 20 peos per bottle, and I give him 25, so he get 5 pesos per bottle filled.
He comes and gets the empty bottles off my colmado style rack, fills them, and puts them back in the rack.
There were 13 bottles, so he made 65 pesos in Tips, and I gave him an extra 25 pesos since there were so many bottles, he made 4 trips on his "Motor".
I got 3 things done today, my goal here is "One Thing A Day"!
The cost was cheap, to say the least!
I like THAT about the DR!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
Agree but remember: Nothing of that you have to do in a "normal" country. Its DR RELATED
It has needed to be replaced for years, but I was hoping my wife might fall in and drown.
Anyway, they said for 3,500 pesos they would go buy an aluminium top, and install it.
I said "Do It"!
And they did!
Then the "Go Get The Water Bottles" guy came to get my empties and re fill them.
His company charges 20 peos per bottle, and I give him 25, so he get 5 pesos per bottle filled.
He comes and gets the empty bottles off my colmado style rack, fills them, and puts them back in the rack.
There were 13 bottles, so he made 65 pesos in Tips, and I gave him an extra 25 pesos since there were so many bottles, he made 4 trips on his "Motor".

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Explained (I think). In a normal country you would never have to do all that. Just in the DR.

I guess normal means US.

Cccccccccc thanks for the positive post.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
for the wife, i suggest a bear trap. with spikes in the bottom. covered in tres pasitos. all you need to do later on is cry and say no fui yo.
good luck and don't f**k it up! :cheeky:

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007

CC you're lucky, now you don't have to do anything for the whole weekend.;)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
CC you're lucky, now you don't have to do anything for the whole weekend.;)

I don't recall him giving us a complete trip report on his recent stay at a resort, just a few teasers shortly after he arrived.

With a whole weekend ahead and nothing that must be done, he can use the time to write the promised report.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
Sorry, its my fool you don't understand what I mean.
The three things who make you happy today are things you never have to worry about when you live in the US or northern Europe.
Because their are a lot of problems here , there are a lot of solutions, thanks god, but normally that type of problems should not exist in what I call a " normal " country.
"KAMP" i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU MEAN???
IS THAT JUST ME?
cccccccccccccccccc

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Sorry, its my fool you don't understand what I mean.
The three things who make you happy today are things you never have to worry about when you live in the US or northern Europe.
Because their are a lot of problems here , there are a lot of solutions, thanks god, but normally that type of problems should not exist in what I call a " normal " country.

Then move to a "normal" country.
BTW....I am definitely giving you my black girl neck and eye roll.

SHALENA

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
I actually need to clean my cisterna too. How much is the cost of this usually Cris?

Send me your guy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
Thanks for Your advise, your welcome to buy my business, and if you pay too, nothing will keep me left here
Then move to a "normal" country.
BTW....I am definitely giving you my black girl neck and eye roll.

SHALENA

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
I would need a cerveza or 5 after a day from hell like you've had. how do you do it?lol

I said "Do It"!
And they did!

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I understand what you mean Ccccc. When I am in town I always have things to fix or improve in my place. The last thing was a new 7 gallon hot water heater. Replaced and installed for $70 in 2 hours start to finish! Can't beat that!

drescape24

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I understand what you mean Ccccc. When I am in town I always have things to fix or improve in my place. The last thing was a new 7 gallon hot water heater. Replaced and installed for $70 in 2 hours start to finish! Can't beat that!

drescape24

Let's see..... in four months we had to:

1. Cesspool collapsed, had to have a new one dug and the old one refilled [Mr. AE used dirt from new hole - and a wheelbarrow]
2. Extended block wall because the barbed wire doesn't keep neighbors and animals out - but wall caused flooding on their side, so we had to have 6" pipes installed along that portion of the wall so the water would flow to our side. Otherwise they threatened to break the wall - and this bunch would do it.
3. Cement roof in our well pump house [12x12'???] started sagging - hire someone to take down the roof. Hired a welder to frame new roof and install colored aluzinc roof.
4. Massive mango tree, probably 5-6 stories tall, died. Hired guys to take it down. The only problem is it fell in the wrong direction, and took down other trees, my clothesline, etc. with it.
5. Had cistern cleaned - there was MUD at the bottom, yuck
6. Someone used an appliance on inverter - and blew the transistors in the inverter.
7. Torrential rains = roof leaks. Buy gallons of sealer.
8. Finally got replacement controller for our Generac generator, and when it was connected to the propane tank there was an explosion that blew up the cover to the filter.
9. Lid lock on Whirlpool washer malfunctioned day before leaving, clothes stuck in machine. Note to self: never buy any appliance with electronic anything.
10. Don't get me started on our dog issues this trip.
11. Decided to enclose the front of house with 'decorative ironwork', two doors. Came with base coat of paint, had to hire guy to come and paint with industrial enamel paint.
12. Hired guy to plow back of house [6-8 tareas] with a tractor.

Four months. We spent about $20,000. Not counting the money spent on bringing in the car. [About $4000]. Barely left our area. Ouch.

May 5, 2007
Let's see..... in four months we had to:

1. Cesspool collapsed, had to have a new one dug and the old one refilled [Mr. AE used dirt from new hole - and a wheelbarrow]
2. Extended block wall because the barbed wire doesn't keep neighbors and animals out - but wall caused flooding on their side, so we had to have 6" pipes installed along that portion of the wall so the water would flow to our side. Otherwise they threatened to break the wall - and this bunch would do it.
3. Cement roof in our well pump house [12x12'???] started sagging - hire someone to take down the roof. Hired a welder to frame new roof and install colored aluzinc roof.
4. Massive mango tree, probably 5-6 stories tall, died. Hired guys to take it down. The only problem is it fell in the wrong direction, and took down other trees, my clothesline, etc. with it.
5. Had cistern cleaned - there was MUD at the bottom, yuck
6. Someone used an appliance on inverter - and blew the transistors in the inverter.
7. Torrential rains = roof leaks. Buy gallons of sealer.
8. Finally got replacement controller for our Generac generator, and when it was connected to the propane tank there was an explosion that blew up the cover to the filter.
9. Lid lock on Whirlpool washer malfunctioned day before leaving, clothes stuck in machine. Note to self: never buy any appliance with electronic anything.
10. Don't get me started on our dog issues this trip.
11. Decided to enclose the front of house with 'decorative ironwork', two doors. Came with base coat of paint, had to hire guy to come and paint with industrial enamel paint.
12. Hired guy to plow back of house [6-8 tareas] with a tractor.

Four months. We spent about $20,000. Not counting the money spent on bringing in the car. [About $4000]. Barely left our area. Ouch.

Damm, and your husband works in the gaming industry? If he is a dealer pleas let me know where so I can play at his table :ermm:

Is a cesspool the same as a septic tank or is it like the leech bed?