Today’s elections

habi

Oct 17, 2015
Anybody has a link to the results? The JCE website is a mess.... ;)

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Anybody has a link to the results? The JCE website is a mess.... ;)

Confirmed not to load on android,Ipad or Windows 10 here
https://visorresultadosmunicipales.jce.gob.do/Home/Alcalde

They have used the same programmers that wrote the «load ballott into voting program» to make the web site? :lick:

Hold the press, something loaded on the android cellphone. Seems it is only unusable slow and out of capacity. why am I not surprised.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
The Constitution, elections and COVID-19

https://minutoaminuto.com.do/la-constitucion-elecciones-y-covid-19/

The Dominican Republic must prepare for different contingency measures, such as the closure or house confinement, curfew, suspension of teaching, suspension of work, closure of ports, airports and borders, rationalization of consumer goods, suspension of free transit, and forced intervention in the decisions of the private life that put in danger the health or the collective well-being.

The moment is patriotic and each citizen must give their best, as a whole and individually, to overcome the state of national emergency, provided for in the constitution.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
https://minutoaminuto.com.do/la-constitucion-elecciones-y-covid-19/

The Dominican Republic must prepare for different contingency measures, such as the closure or house confinement, curfew, suspension of teaching, suspension of work, closure of ports, airports and borders, rationalization of consumer goods, suspension of free transit, and forced intervention in the decisions of the private life that put in danger the health or the collective well-being.

The moment is patriotic and each citizen must give their best, as a whole and individually, to overcome the state of national emergency, provided for in the constitution.

Has a state of National Emergency actually been declared in the DR? As in all restaurants, bars, and schools closed until further notice?

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Has a state of National Emergency actually been declared in the DR? As in all restaurants, bars, and schools closed until further notice?

NO, read the source. (I post google translated from Spanish sources, but tries to correct obvious errors that sneaks in when machine translated)

This is what will come, they have prepared plans when more widespread virus infections are detected. Medina will have a meeting 4 pm today if I remember correctly. Let us wait and see if they feel the need to implement more restrictions after that meeting.

state of emergency should better been translated to a national crisis in this context by Google

el estado de emergencia nacional

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
NO, read the source. (I post google translated from Spanish sources, but tries to correct obvious errors that sneaks in when machine translated)

This is what will come, they have prepared plans when more widespread virus infections are detected. Medina wil have a meeting 4 pm today if I remember correctly. Let us wait and see if they feel the need to implement more restrictions after that meeting.

I did skim the source and saw one man's opinion.

I am expecting far more restrictions now that the elections are over.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
I did skim the source and saw one man's opinion.

I am expecting far more restrictions now that the elections are over.

I posted a statement from Medina yesterday, says the same. They only need to push the button, plans are decided if they see the need. And that will come faster than some other presidents thinks.(ehh. thought)

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Which Party had the most wins yesterday in all of these local elections?

PRM-Partido Revolucionario Moderno.
It was nearly a clean sweep. All doors are open for Luis Abinader to waltz right in on the 17th of May.
Interesting sidenote…..Abinader's full name: Luis Rodolfo Abinader Corona

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Ended up in una carvana today.....( long story, don't ask )
Interesting----- to say the least.
If there are not 12 people in the jeepeta, u can't join.
If there is not 12 beers and 6 bottles of brugal, u can't join.
If u don't have oversized speakers, u can't join.
Those seem to be the rules......

Upside: all the girls were waggling their boobs and booty at me ( and at everyone else for that matter ) ;) ;(
Downside : i can't get that song out of my head :(
Se van...... se van.......se van...... ja se van.......

habi

Oct 17, 2015
I think 26. of April if I remember correctly... And some Virus is not interfering... :ermm:

Last edited:

habi

Oct 17, 2015
@etowl post#180
He is supposed to have his speech about the measures regarding Corona tomorrow Tuesday 20:00... Let's see...:nervous:

Last edited: