US Exchange Rate

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I managed to get 50.20 at Caribe Express next to Super Pola for 2 mill $. It was 49.55 in Scotiabank Cabarete

Olly

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
No fee or charge?
Banreservas does not charge a fee to its customers who withdraw from a Banreservas ATM. However, it does charge RD50 if you withdraw from a competitor's machine and USD$6 if you withdraw from outside the DR.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Banreservas does not charge a fee to its customers who withdraw from a Banreservas ATM. However, it does charge RD50 if you withdraw from a competitor's machine and USD$6 if you withdraw from outside the DR.

Any idea how the can give more than the official rate at banco Central?

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
Any idea how the can give more than the official rate at banco Central?
Frankly, it is none of my business. :glasses: I withdrew RD$5,000 from the ATM and checked my account online later. Banreservas pulled USD$98.90 from my dollars account. Unless I miscalculate, that comes to 50.556. Now, when I went inside to deposit a check and withdrew USD$100 for an immediate peso exchange, the bank only gave me RD$5,000. So, that equals 50. I would not be surprised if the bank pays different rates, but rest assured that it is NOT losing money.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Guys,

This thread is just to share the exchange rate each day. Please use other threads for conversation.

If you are able, please list:

- the exchange rate you got (we assume you are changing USD into pesos, please state clearly if otherwise)
- the amount you changed (if it was relevant to the rate)
- the city/location

Adrian

This is the OP of this thread

Just rate and location, no chitchat. Please take that to other threads.