Too late ???

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
Medicins Sans Frontier has opened an office here in Gazcue and regularly has teams going in and out.. So if you are having trouble getting your supplies across the border, perhaps they could help? There is also now an official from the Episcopal Church in the US which has a big network in Haiti.

What is your group in PauP? Are they registered with the Haitian government as an NGO? That is going to be the kicker..

Keep us posted! Thanks
and here sabra's stupid question: what is NGO? I am just helping to collect goods, money for the goods (sent regulary infos to frieds in europe, they helped as well (now less, think this is like it is always)). the group in haiti is situated there since 10 years, it's a school, founded by a haitian together with foreigners, with a lot of activities. now around the school grew up a camp for ca. 1500 people, additional they are looking for other ca. 50 families in another camp. food,medical care and more.
Sabra

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
NGO stands for Non Governmental Organisation ~ non-profit/charitable organisation

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
thanks, claro, seems i really need to relax today. yes, this is a non-profit-organisation.
ciao, Sabra

Is it registered with the Haitian government, Sabra? This seems to make a difference in how many obstacles are put in the way of such organisations. There is another thread in the Haiti Earthquake forum about this.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
Is it registered with the Haitian government, Sabra? This seems to make a difference in how many obstacles are put in the way of such organisations. There is another thread in the Haiti Earthquake forum about this.
this is what they describe in their website:
"...is an ideal, humanitarian and politically neutral organization run by volounteers. The organization is funded by gifts from organizations, schools, businesses, and private individuals, both through a sponsor program and as individual donations".
wheather they are registered with the Haitian government I do not know. before this earthquake I didn't know anything about them > but I as well didn't know very much from Haiti. just this what i heard from the haitian workers in different properties in our urbanisation. since years we helped them , p.e. to learn english language etc. but really informed i never was, have to learn now a lot.
later I will look into the other thread you told about.
ciao, Sabra

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I know which organisation you're referring to. They appear to be officially registered as a charity in their home country.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
help for haiti

I know which organisation you're referring to. They appear to be officially registered as a charity in their home country.
Yes, think so. So as I'm interpreting, it is a charitable foundation.
;)
Sabra

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
Your English is perfectly understandable, sabra, no problems there. I liked the humour in 'Mr.' Mountainannie in response to 'I do not know who 'this' sabra is' - don't know that I would have been as polite if in receipt of imperialism.....;) Please keep posting, perhaps you could tell us more of your work in Haiti?
hello, lambada, sorry for late answer, but I've had some own problems to manage. beside the group here in cabarete, few residents working for/with studyaway.com (who are working togehter since long time with Petit Troll in Port-au-Prince),again sent a transport. now we got the good news, that all goods are well received in the camp around Petit Troll-school.:bunny:
this school exists 10 years, doing social work.
we will do in for future again, as possible and how much we can collect.
I personally just am collecting donations from friends in europe (now very less is coming), collecting what I can get here, sending infos to the people in europe etc. german friends from our group wanted to go now to port-au-prince, it's not recommended just now, too danger, and our friends there cannot be responsable. we will do it later.
saludas, sabra