Too Many Cars - what will the government do?

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
The WEF wants 15 minute cities with no vehicles. You will own nothing and be happy.
I’m ahead of the WEF, divorce and retirement being my main motivators. I own a lot less, have less responsibility and that makes me happier. I didn’t give up everything so my sister will have to deal with my small amount of crap when I pass.

I don’t miss the crap. Just wish I still had my 1967 Mustang Fastback I purchased for $3800 when I was a teenager. Serious chick magnet but for more serious dates, I preferred my father’s Rambler with it reclining front bucket seats.

• Haha
Reactions: cavok

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I’m ahead of the WEF, divorce and retirement being my main motivators. I own a lot less, have less responsibility and that makes me happier. I didn’t give up everything so my sister will have to deal with my small amount of crap when I pass.

I don’t miss the crap. Just wish I still had my 1967 Mustang Fastback I purchased for $3800 when I was a teenager. Serious chick magnet but for more serious dates, I preferred my father’s Rambler with it reclining front bucket seats.
The bench seat of my 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger was even better. Mine was brown:

140736870.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Ecoman1949

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
The bench seat of my 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger was even better. Mine was brown:

140736870.jpg
Nice car Windy. The 340 Mopar Superbees were decent muscle cars. The antichrist of dating was the Volkswagen Beetle. Tough reliable cars. I’m surprised I don’t see a few of them still on the DR roads. Cheap on gas and easy to repair. Mexico manufactured the originals for a while. The new versions don’t have the same cache as the originals. Of course the holy grail for dating in the 60’s and 70’s were the tricked out vans. Never had one but I envied the owners.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
There is a VW bug club here.

I almost bought one of the Mexico ones new here but the price was insulting for a VW, even with A/C.