TOP RESTAURANTS IN SANTIAGO

rey

Jan 2, 2007
There was a thread about top restaurants in Santo Domingo a few days ago ; So let’s make one about Santiago Now , Here it’s my list in no specific order … What about you guys , what’s your list ?

Italian : Locanda , ILL Pasticio ,

Chinese/seafood : pez dorado

Sushi : KGB

Vegan / fusion / Steak : NOAH

Classic : taverna de Pepe

Atmosphere: camp David

“American” : square one

Best churrasco & T bone in the whole country : LAS TAPAS REST. ( inside the gran Almirante hotel lobby )

American style breakfast : vista restaurant ( HODELPA hotel Calle del sol 5th floor )

Best Dominican lunch ( Plato del dia ) : MR GRILL REST .( from 11:30 to 2:30 )

Mexican : NOTHING !

Pakistanian : NOTHING

PIZZA 🍕: 212 pizza ( but am from New York so this might be my choice and not impartial )

Supermarket cafeteria area rest : EL NACIONAL

**** SIDENOTE : best public bathroom on any restaurant : LAS TAPAS rest. Inside gran Almirante hotel (clean , private , huge , clean , 🚪 doors go all the way down to the floor , clean , European marble floor and toilets , clean )

Reactions: CristoRey

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Where are you getting this list from? Experience, have you been to all these places?

Reactions: rey

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Where are you getting this list from? Experience, have you been to all these places?
Yes … remember I was in santiago while I attempted my failed retirement ( money was not long enough ) , and thats where I vacation every year … however this time around I will be moving to the capital to give my retirement a second chance

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Pez Dorado for Chinese .. He has been there like 35 + years .. definitely right on the money, top notch

Locanda .. For Italian , also on the money for Filet ,or any Italian dish ... but not Pizza IMO , the pizza there imo, not so great
But then I am spoiled , I enjoy only the best NJ and NY Pizza but this restaurant is amazing .

There once was another Italian spot " TRINACRIA " , which would have easily been the best of he best (Imo) but he moved or went out of Business, we dont know . best Italian food I ever tasted, amazing service . I miss that place .

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Chinese - Super Rico. Proper sit down Chinese with Peking duck on the menu.

Sushi Ya

Rancho Chito
You right I forgot to mention rancho chito

Best roast pork / pernil / cerdo asado : rancho chito restaurant

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Yes … remember I was in santiago while I attempted my failed retirement ( money was not long enough ) , and thats where I vacation every year … however this time around I will be moving to the capital to give my retirement a second chance
So, you vacation every year in Santiago? Well then if this is true than you know, on the ground experience is the most accurate. When will you be moving to Santo Domingo? I have lived in Santo Domingo for a long time.

rey

Jan 2, 2007
So, you vacation every year in Santiago? Well then if this is true than you know, on the ground experience is the most accurate. When will you be moving to Santo Domingo? I have lived in Santo Domingo for a long time.
Yes sir

Soon in January , hopefully this time around I can make a life with my little pension and + my VA job as a remote ☎️ customer service operator … i am hopeful that if I stick to
My monthly budget I can live like KING on a third world such as DR.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Pez Dorado for Chinese .. He has been there like 35 + years .. definitely right on the money, top notch

Locanda .. For Italian , also on the money for Filet ,or any Italian dish ... but not Pizza IMO , the pizza there imo, not so great
But then I am spoiled , I enjoy only the best NJ and NY Pizza but this restaurant is amazing .

There once was another Italian spot " TRINACRIA " , which would have easily been the best of he best (Imo) but he moved or went out of Business, we dont know . best Italian food I ever tasted, amazing service . I miss that place .
Pez Dorado.. Gosh, I used to eat there in the 80's. Great place!

frenchfamilly

Sep 17, 2017
There was a thread about top restaurants in Santo Domingo a few days ago ; So let’s make one about Santiago Now , Here it’s my list in no specific order … What about you guys , what’s your list ?

Best churrasco & T bone in the whole country : LAS TAPAS REST. ( inside the gran Almirante hotel lobby )

American style breakfast : vista restaurant ( HODELPA hotel Calle del sol 5th floor )

PIZZA 🍕: 212 pizza ( but am from New York so this might be my choice and not impartial )

**** SIDENOTE : best public bathroom on any restaurant : LAS TAPAS rest. Inside gran Almirante hotel (clean , private , huge , clean , 🚪 doors go all the way down to the floor , clean , European marble floor and toilets , clean )
Hi

In Santiago, if you are looking for an very good Brasilian restaurant, meat is amazing!

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Yes sir

Soon in January , hopefully this time around I can make a life with my little pension and + my VA job as a remote ☎️ customer service operator … i am hopeful that if I stick to
It’s yes ma’am. $200+ cologne sounds regal.

Reactions: keepcoming

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Yes sir

Are you employed by the U.S. govt.? Or a private company doing contract work for the VA?

Reactions: keepcoming

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita

Oxymoron